Smokeless Image - Burning Sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kind Head

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
St. Louis
I just ordered from Smokeless Image. I ordered a Starter Kit with the Automatic Sealed battery, and an extra battery (which was supposed to be manual, but got an automatic instead).

I've been using the Automatic Sealed battery. Sometimes when I take a drag, I hear a crackling burning sound. I have seen some pictures in the forums here, that show the insides of the cartridges burned or chard up.

Anyone else experience this burning sound with the Smokeless Image Volt cigarettes? I am using brand new, pre-filled cartos. It seems like all of the cartos I put on are making this noise. So I know it's not just an issue with one carto.

Bawn

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
boynton beach, FL
if its making a snaping crackling sound its suppose too, thats just the coil heating the juice to vapor. cartos make a much louder crackling then atty's. its when you get a burnt taste is when its time to top off the carto/atty is fried. if you get smoke its burning and is not good. try and top off before you get the burning taste, it will prolong the carto/atty life.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
snap crackle pop and hissing are GOOD and it means there is plenty of liquid for the coil to vaporize. A carto about to singe is not making noises. However as you reuse a carto it will stop making those comforting noises and you'll have to be more vigilant about keeping it damp.

And those photos are mostly exagerrated - a lot of that is baked on juice residue. However the coil is surrounded with cotton and you certainly can singe it if you don't keep a carto damp. So you keep them damp. I can use a carto for 7-10 days and never singe it. I also avoid juices that drop flavoring residue. I recommend using a drip tip as a mouthpiece instead of the end cap so you can easily take that off to look at your stuffing or add juice. And since they gave you an auto never add juice while it's on the battery and always clean it up extremely well.

They screwed up my first order too and sent an auto instead of a manual - I was not depending on it (I have plenty of batteries - I just liked the color) so I exchanged it with them.

Last edited:

Kind Head

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
St. Louis
if you get smoke its burning and is not good. try and top off before you get the burning taste, it will prolong the carto/atty life.

I'm not sure I would notice if it was smoke and not vapor. The "Vapor" that I'm exhaling looks exactly like smoke to me.

I actually just tried and experiment with a regular cigarette and my ecig. I personally can't tell the difference between the two. They both look like smoke to me, LOL. So I'm not sure I would even know if the carto was smoking. I guess maybe it would taste burnt if that happened, but as far as seeing smoke, I wouldn't notice.

Can you personally see the difference between smoke and vapor, and tell the difference?

Kind Head

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
St. Louis
They screwed up my first order too and sent an auto instead of a manual - I was not depending on it (I have plenty of batteries - I just liked the color) so I exchanged it with them.

Did the correct the mistake free of charge? Or did they make you pay to shipping back to them? They also didn't include the box the kit normally comes in. The hand-wrote a note on the invoice saying they were out of boxes. And gave me a coupon code for 10% on my next order. Which I already have a 16% code I used to order it with. I wonder if they will send me a empty kit box on my next order. I'm not sure if it's really necessary or not. Is it just a cheap cardboard box that it normally ships in? Do you think I really need the box? They shipped everything in tiny ziplock bags. No instructions or manual included. Is that how yours came?

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
If its any comfort this device has extremely less risk of burning than a 510 carto as the design of the cartomizer has a horizontal coil at the bottom. No worries its supposed to emulate smoke but that is vapor plain and simple. Keep refilling it as necessary so you get the most life out of it. If it tastes burnt you let it get too dry.

Kind Head

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
St. Louis
If its any comfort this device has extremely less risk of burning than a 510 carto as the design of the cartomizer has a horizontal coil at the bottom. No worries its supposed to emulate smoke but that is vapor plain and simple. Keep refilling it as necessary so you get the most life out of it. If it tastes burnt you let it get too dry.

Thanks. I'm so new to this, didn't realize there were universal models/styles such as the 510. What model would the Volt design be from SI?

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
If you actually singe the stuffing you will know. It will suddenly get a bitter burnt taste similar to blackened toast. I try very very hard to avoid that with sweet flavor cartos because the first thing singeing will do is erase the sweet. With my non-sweet cocoa tobacco a bit of singe doesn't ruin the flavor as badly.

When I notice the vapor is reduced or the taste is weak or the cartomizer is getting warmer than normal, I add juice. I also always add juice before switching to a new battery (because batteries are a bit higher voltage fresh off the charger and can singe things more easily). I add juice before bed (so it will be ready to vape hard in the morning) and before leaving the house. Other than that - I use a drip tip as mouthpiece in the carto instead of the endcap so any time I have been vaping for a while without adding juice, I pull out the drip tip and look at the stuffing. If the top of the stuffing has gone white then I add some juice. (and my stuffing does go white because I avoid all juices that drop flavoring sediment and clog/dirty the stuffing - I use light clear juices)

And the "sealed" Volt/Bloog/G6 autos are not really sealed. The center on the battery post is sealed BUT they moved the hole to be two holes in the side of the post. Totally sealed autos do not exist because your drag has to activate the the drag sensor in the battery. As Volt suggests, never add juice with the carto on an auto battery. I don't even do it with manuals. I carry a tissue and so I can clean up the carto if it leaks and I make sure it's cleaned up before putting it back on the battery.

And BTW - if you ever add too much juice and it looks wet on top, you can bunch up a soft bit of tissue, tilt the open end down and touch the tissue to the stuffing as you puff into the threaded end.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread