Smokeless Image RY4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to attempt my first review of a liquid, although I'll admit my experience with them is somewhat limited. Compared to most of the members here, I just dipping my toe in the water so to speak. But that will certainly change, as I've been off analogs since Mothers Day, and I have no intention of going back. I'd tried a cheap e-cig from a local tobacco shop, their terrible prefilled carts, and a 510 from another vendor in the past, and frankly after a few weeks I was back on the analogs. A friend advised me to give the Volt a shot earlier this year, and I'm never going back to analogs. A night and day difference.

So, as the title infers, here's a shot at a review of the RY 4 from Smokeless Image.

Smokeless Image offers a freebie to anyone who posts a pic of themself with their Volt. They offer a battery, a 30ml bottle of any e-juice in stock, or a pack of any carts in exchange for permission to use the image as they see fit. Having just bought their Premium Starter kit, and being so impressed with the experience that I almost immediately placed an order for an X2 and some XL carts, I enthusiastically posted a filthy picture of my disgusting mug with my Volt. I quickly got a message from Imagine asking me what I'd like, I thanked her, and told her I'd love to try their RY 4 in 18mg. She messaged back and said it was on the way, and I wasn't even charged shipping. That's a pretty fantastic deal in exchange for a pic of my preposterous face. Good luck with the picture, Imagine.

A few days later, as promised, my free gift arrived in the mail. I was ecstatic, because I was down to the last few bottles in a sampler pack I'd recently ordered from another vendor that weren't exactly to my taste and frankly were giving me a headache. I was on the verge of desperation, and that package from Smokeless Image in my PO Box was like a great message from the universe encouraging me to stick with vaping, and let the uninformed and uninitiated continue buying those analogs from the convenience stores.

So I grabbed a fresh XL cart for my X2, loaded it up, and prepared myself for that first great vape. I wasn't disappointed. My first reaction was that this was just a very good tobacco flavored liquid. I didn't detect the vanilla or caramel I was expecting. It was satisfying, but I was missing that sweet, buttery finish I expected from an RY 4. But vapor production was super, the throat hit was just right, and so I was pretty pleased overall.

About halfway through the cart, I went back to top it off, made a note of the colored end cap (also ordered from Smokeless Image, a great way to keep track of what flavors are in which carts), and took a long draw.

Everything changed.

I immediately tasted caramel and something nutty on the exhale. It was delicious! I hit it again and fireworks went off. I instantly started filling carts for the USB pass through I use in my car during the day and the regular Volt I use when I'm away from my car. Such a great flavor! I can't explain why the sweet flavors didn't come through on that first round. Maybe I didn't get the cart saturated well enough. Maybe it needed more time in the cart before I greedily went after it like the town drunk in an early Irish novel. I'm not sure. But the flavor has been fantastic since, and I'm still pleasantly surprised by that delicious flavor on the exhale every time.

I've got to slow down. I'm going to use up all this delicious liquid before I pay myself enough to make another order. Thanks to Imagine and Smokeless Image for a great gift and all their quality products. You'll be seeing me.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Maybe it needed more time in the cart before I greedily went after it like the town drunk in an early Irish novel.

Maybe they should rename it Under Milkwood. :laugh: Nice review. I feel the same way about their 555. Except for the drunk. And the early Irish novel. It's more of tipsy Mrs. Dalloway.

Imagine

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
OHIO USA
www.SmokelessImage.com
yep way back when although we do not use Ruyan :p ..... now it means just a carmel like tobacco flavor
OK, I asked the same thing and Imagine said it stands for Ruyan number four. Being the fourth iteration of that particular flavor by that good ole boys company Ruyan, located in China.

mudhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2012
versailles mo.
yep way back when although we do not use Ruyan :p ..... now it means just a carmel like tobacco flavor

i got a sample of ry4 from mfs a couple of days ago and i could not taste it,,i talked to them this morning and told dustin,he said i should have let it steep for a week.

but ya know it does not mean it was bad,it just meant that my taste buds are dead again.
i guess ,because of the kind of flavorants that i ordered,i was trying to make my own ry4,if they did,they were close to being right.
i love caramel/vanilla/hazelnut combined and twice i ordered close to the same flavors,so he had a pretty good guess.

Larry

kico166

ECF Veteran
Great review there Badapple!

I got the RY4 as a freebie for the mug shot too. I really liked it in the sample carto pack - but I added a couple drops of menthol to it and waited a couple days after a few puffs off of it. I didn't think I'd ever give up Menthol - but that is one that I can enjoy either way!

My very favorite way to have it as an all-day: Mix in some BUTTERSCOTCH PUDDIN' from the Vape Dudes! (Sorry Imagine) Yummo!

Larry: My first 5(?) months I only used choc & menthol. Happily about the time I was beginning to wonder "What the heck happened to the juice" I stumbled onto info about Vaper's Tongue! Seems like I have to change every 2-3 hours or I start loosing the t-buds.
Moving between a fruit / citrus and whatever you label choc / puddin' / coffee / menthol under really helps.
I can taste choc again now!
PartyTime.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread