tzellmer

Jul 28, 2013
Oshkosh, WI, USA

SilverZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Illinois, USA
I like the manual better. Have not found a instance that i could not push the button. The response is better for me.

I prefer manual as well, but some smokers who are trying to switch to e-cigs do like the automatic batteries.

Personally, if I was buying a vape kit as a surprise for a smoker I wouldn't bother with the stick batteries. You would probably give him a better chance of quitting analogs if you got him an eGo kit of some kind; he won't need to charge batteries as often and will likely have a better vape experience.

Just my two cents.

Kellycat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Cary, NC, USA
There's also a difference in battery life between manuals and autos last I looked, I believe the auto has slightly more battery capacity, that applies to the KR808 batteries and I assume it's similar with the 510s. Some like the control of a manual, some like the ease of use of an auto, so it's personal preference there. Since you're buying it for a friend it's a little harder to recommend one or the other, but if they don't need something that 'feels' like a cigarette, get an eGo, it'll out-perform the cigalikes quite handily, and might be the extra push they need to really see that vaping is a viable alternative, rather than being frustrated with constantly charging a 510 battery every half hour or so (depends on how heavy a smoker they are, obviously, but even my 510 backup battery only lasts me maybe an hour or less of use, and I used to smoke less than a quarter of a pack a day).

tzellmer

Jul 28, 2013
Oshkosh, WI, USA
The ego mini will give you a batter vape but is only good for about 3 hrs. That is about an hour longer than the others. I think the 510s will disappoint you. You can also use more delivery devices with the ego. I think EVOD right away.

I was going to buy him an EVOD, but the site only offers EVOD tanks, which i'm already ordering for myself.

tzellmer

Jul 28, 2013
Oshkosh, WI, USA
I prefer manual as well, but some smokers who are trying to switch to e-cigs do like the automatic batteries.

Personally, if I was buying a vape kit as a surprise for a smoker I wouldn't bother with the stick batteries. You would probably give him a better chance of quitting analogs if you got him an eGo kit of some kind; he won't need to charge batteries as often and will likely have a better vape experience.

Just my two cents.

What about the mini ego i stated at top of thread??

SilverZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Illinois, USA
What about the mini ego i stated at top of thread??

Well, the problem is that it comes with a very small battery, so he will be charging it constantly. Also, it only includes one battery, so if he runs that one down he's out of luck until he can charge it again.

Your selection at that site is very limited. I would look for something with a couple of eGo batteries and some clearomizers like the EVOD.

As an example: http://www.avidvaper.com/kanger-evod-starter-kit/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread