Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
You do have a backup, yes? Important to have at least two batteries, two toppers, and so on. Things don't care about us when they fail, don't care at all... if the local B&M is open, for example.

I have two tube mods, an MVP1, a VV3, the reference SLB, and several 1300 Spinners. Numerous chargers, as they, too, can fail. (Yes, the MVP, VV3 and SLB all are internal - so if their chargers fail, it's vape out...)

When I started vaping, one of my biggest concerns was finding myself in a situation where equipment failure left me unable to vape. Not having to worry about that made the transition easier for me.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Using one now.
It works well. Battery life is short when used above 3.7V/ 7watts.
1300 mAh tube is a bit large, about 17mm in Dia and ~117mm tall.
The knurled adjustment is not indexed but still holds it's position under normal use.
on/off and mode selection functions work as expected (average to lazy button push speed).

Topped, it is huge and likes to fall over.

Cheers
I

sark666

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2013
toronto, ontario, canada
Battery life is short when used above 3.7V/ 7watts.

You're telling me. I currently have a 1300 mah vision spinner that I'm more than happy with. I was going to order another spinner but I've read a lot of comments about the spinner's button going in short order. So I thought, maybe not a second spinner and stumbled upon the emax. I love the size of the spinner and this is almost identical (a little taller). And I thought battery warning notification and VW to boot, why not?

So I've only had it a day so this review will be brief but not thrilled so far.

I use my spinner at 3.8 v and works like a champ. Get about 12-13 hours out of it, I use it a good bit throughout the day as I can vape at my desk at work. I continued using my spinner and thought I should give the emax a full charge before using. I know they ship with a partial charge but thought I'll top it up. It was charging (light red) and went green in only about a half hour. I thought cool, it came with a good charge.

I used it about an hour, maybe an hour and a half last night and went to bed. I used my spinner throughout the day today. I got home and thought I'll charge my spinner and switch to the emax. Using it about 30 minutes and now the led cycles white/red/blue upon pressing. 5 presses or 3 presses does nothing. So I assume the battery is drained but I'm thinking what the hell? I got two hours out of this and where was the low battery notification? I'm going to chalk this up to a first charge cycle (I doubt that but I hope anyway). So it's charging now.

The other negatives are the dial feels very crunchy to turn. Granted, that's better than loose, but it just doesn't feel right. The other negative is the font is light and really thin very difficult to read the current setting. I got the chrome one as my spinner is black. I was going to get black again but the emax has a shiny finish on the chrome and black (unlike the spinner that has that kind of grippy, rubberized finish that I like on their black model) So the font is very hard to read on the chrome one. Not sure about the black one. And I've read the red marker indicator on the dial wears off very easily, but obviously haven't encountered that yet.

The dial and the font aren't too big a deal, but if that first charge is any indication, then it's junk.

Oh one other negative. The threading isn't the greatest on the 510 connection. I have 3 beauty rings (one for a mini, two for regular size clearo tank). I can't get the mini beauty ring to thread no matter how many times I tried but I can get the other two. All 3 of these thread easy on the spinner.

And doing the shake test the button moves more than the spinner. I hope the short charge was just a one time thing, but I don't see this being better than the spinner. Haven't testing vw yet.

Does anyone know how it indicates the battery is low? I'd like to see the 30% warning. And will it warn you only once or on each press?

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama
Does anyone know how it indicates the battery is low? I'd like to see the 30% warning. And will it warn you only once or on each press?

Sark, I have the same problem and complaints with mine. I bought two (one for me and one for someone else). Neither one of them give me the "30% low power warning." I thought it was just mine, but the other one doesn't warn either. Now I see your post and how yours doesn't give you the warning, so I think this is some "false advertising" by SMOK. Either that or we have all gotten bad units (possible but unlikely).

My battery lasts about all day on 8 watts (moderate to heavy usage). The one I bought for the other person literally lasts them about one hour (or less) before it goes dead (they also vape on about 8 watts). They will leave it on the charger all night and it will go dead within about an hour after using. So while mine works OK on 8 watts, I am positive that at, say 10 watts, it would last a few hours at most.

The other problem is the charger doesn't tell you when it's charged. On my regular egos, the charger gives a green LED when it's charged. This one stays red (or turns orange). It's weird. There's really no way to tell if it is fully charged (some say the light on the device will turn off when charged, this does seem to be the case).

I think SMOK has released a dud here. I am not happy about it at all, especially their false advertising.

sark666

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2013
toronto, ontario, canada
I wanted to give this a fair shake and give some info if others are considering getting it. After that first charge its now been holding a good charge similar to my spinner. The other negatives I said still stand but if this is built better than the spinner (as in some button issues some have had with the spinner) then I would give this the nod simply based on that, but this device is too new to make that call yet.

The big negative that bugs me is NO low battery warning. I've used it in vv and vw mode and watched for the led to give me some indication that the battery is low, but nothing. Works as usual until the last hit where the led cycles white blue red and then battery is dead.

salleh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
emeryville, ca/st. joseph, Mi
.....Just wanted to speak up for the Spinner, I use the 1300s, and have a bunch o' them ( like about 9) ......I have had one be dead when it arrived, but the rest were good to go and I finally used one up after about 10 months....the rest are still working fine ,.....no problems at all .....so I would take the so-called "button" issue with a grain of salt ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread