SMOKTech SID and TANKS!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Los_pg/vg_Santos

Jul 29, 2013
FL
I plan on buying a SMOKTech SID. But I am having a hard time figuring out what kind of tanks/clearos/attys I can use with it.
The Evod bottom coil clearo is my favorite and that is what I currently use on my Vision spinner. Can I use my Evod on the SID, if so do I need a adapter or anything? My last question is; What are the best tanks..etc to use with the SID?

If it helps I like anything that produces a lot of vapor and most important flavor and throat hit.

Thanks in Advanced guys & gals!!
:thumbs:

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
You will most likely need a 510-ego adapter to use an Evod. By turning your vape up to 11 with a mod, it is probably a good idea to get a few 510-510 and 510-ego adapters. I have had to use a 510-510 adapter for some stuff to hook up to certain mods.

Personally, I like Vision Vivi Novas with my mods. You get more flavor out of them and it is a warmer vape. If you like the cooler vape of your Evods (Bottom Coil Clearomizer), you should probably check out a Protank then. The Protank will give a similar vape as the evod, but is 510 threaded so you do not need an adapter. I don't care much for carto-tanks, but a lot of people like them, so they will have to chime in.

Nev NYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Bronx, NY
The Smoktech SiD has ego threading and a removable top cap. I think the draw is a bit tight when using an Evod on it and it looks a bit strange since the mod is wider than the tank. A Protank will perform just as good as an Evod if not better. You won't have any issues with airflow either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Los_pg/vg_Santos

Jul 29, 2013
FL
Oh ok I see. Thank you for the reply.
I'll probably just do that and get the protank 2 instead that way I can use a different drip tip besides metal and
I also like the new UDCT that is out through, (spell check) Got Vapes.
I never liked that top coil wicks though, I always thought they muted the flavor and gave me a dry spot in my mouth. Maybe it's me.
But I experienced that with the Vivi Nova's.

Last edited:

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I am having a hard time figuring out what kind of tanks/clearos/attys I can use with it.
T My last question is; What are the best tanks..etc to use with the SID?
Carto tanks are 510... which is the thread of the carto itself... the tank fits over the carto. My favorite carto tanks are those made and sold by IBTanked and Valley View Vapes. VVV is also a good source for Boge pre-punched cartos.

Cheers,
C

Los_pg/vg_Santos

Jul 29, 2013
FL

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
Oh ok I see. Thank you for the reply.
I'll probably just do that and get the protank 2 instead that way I can use a different drip tip besides metal and
I also like the new UDCT that is out through, (spell check) Got Vapes.
I never liked that top coil wicks though, I always thought they muted the flavor and gave me a dry spot in my mouth. Maybe it's me.
But I experienced that with the Vivi Nova's.

Did you use Vision Vivi Novas? Or clones? The dry hit stuff can be an issue with Vivi Novas just because of the way top coil setups are built. I have found that as long as I give my Vivis a decent amount of time to wick after I fill the tank, I don't run into that problem. Anything outside of the vision ones though, tend to be garbage. The Smoktek Vivi Novas I tried gave like 1 good vape, followed by 3 dry hits. BTW, I have been using almost 100% VG juice exclusively and have yet to have a major dry hit issue with Vision Vivis.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Thank you for the comment, C. I will give those sites a look at.
If you want to "play" with a carto tank, the Premium Triple V PolyPro 3ml Tank (bottom of the page I linked to) is a great deal. If you like it, buy a few boxes of spare cartos and you're in business. I like "sidewinder" tanks because with the screw in the tank, they are st00pid easy to fill and re-fill.

C

Los_pg/vg_Santos

Jul 29, 2013
FL
Did you use Vision Vivi Novas? Or clones? The dry hit stuff can be an issue with Vivi Novas just because of the way top coil setups are built. I have found that as long as I give my Vivis a decent amount of time to wick after I fill the tank, I don't run into that problem. Anything outside of the vision ones though, tend to be garbage. The Smoktek Vivi Novas I tried gave like 1 good vape, followed by 3 dry hits. BTW, I have been using almost 100% VG juice exclusively and have yet to have a major dry hit issue with Vision Vivis.
It was from Totally Wicked... :(
100% VG!? What is that like? I keep my juice at 70/30 PG/VG. I started at 50/50 PG/VG but the 70/30 seems to be my current sweet spot.

Los_pg/vg_Santos

Jul 29, 2013
FL
If you want to "play" with a carto tank, the Premium Triple V PolyPro 3ml Tank (bottom of the page I linked to) is a great deal. If you like it, buy a few boxes of spare cartos and you're in business. I like "sidewinder" tanks because with the screw in the tank, they are st00pid easy to fill and re-fill.

C

I'll check into it, Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread