SmokTech Tumbler: What Coils Work With It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nettles4349

Aug 11, 2013
New Jersey
I'm thinking about getting the SmokTech Tumbler clearomizer. Will the Kanger ProTank coils work with the SmokTech Tumbler? As I understand, the Vision V.Tox coils will work with it, as they will also work with the Kanger EVOD, but I know that these things don't always work both ways (for instance, the T3S coils will work on the ProTank and EVOD but the ProTank and EVOD coils will not work with the T3S). Any info regarding the SmokTech Tumbler replacement coils would be much appreciated. Thanks.

nettles4349

Aug 11, 2013
New Jersey
They don't appear to screw in far enough, just tried to put an evod coil in mine and it doesn't screw down all the way, so I'm assuming no.

It's funny you say that, Sharis; I bought the Tumbler a day or two ago from ECig Charleston and decided to give them a call yesterday to see what they had to say about it and the woman I got on the phone said, "I don't know about the ProTank coils but I know that the EVOD coils will definitely work with the Tumbler." lol. Even before seeing your post I had a feeling she wasn't right about that one. ECig Charleston is a great site and I've used them a lot, but they need to get their facts straight. On their site (take a look here) they say that the SmokTech Trophy Tank/Tumbler coils will work on the EVOD and the V.TOX but on every other site they say that they are incompatible with anything other than the SmokTech Trophy, Tumbler and ARO... does anyone else see why I'm so confused???

Thank you, Sharis, at least I know that the EVOD coils, and probably all of the other Kanger coils, won't work with SmokTech's BCCs. I am currently waiting for that Tumbler to come in the mail and I am also waiting for a T3S and T3S coils. When I have them I'm going to see which coils work in which device and post it so no one else will have to go through the mind-numbing process of stumbling around the internet, going from site to site, like I did, trying to find out what is compatible and what isn't and getting contradictory information. Maybe I'll make a chart...

Sharis

Verified Member
Jul 4, 2013
Woodbridge, VA
That would be great as the Smoktech coils seem to run pretty expensive wherever I can find them in stock. It's a great clearo though, for me it's like a combo of the mini vivi nova and the evod, bcc with good flavor and warmer vapor without the hassle of long top wicks and dry hits. I did actually try the evod coil in the tumbler with e-liquid and I can confirm for sure that it does NOT work. Also, I tried the Vision V-Tox original coil I got with my V-tox, it doesn't work in the tumbler either.

Last edited:

nettles4349

Aug 11, 2013
New Jersey
So I just got the mail and can confirm that the ProTank coils do not fit in the SmokTech Tumbler, however, the Kanger T3S coils do! I have not yet tried using the coils in the tumbler, I only checked to make sure they screw in, so I'm not positive that they actually work but the fact that they screw in makes me assume that they will work. I will check back in after I've tried using them just to confirm that they work or regretfully let you all know that they don't. I like to take apart my coils and give them an alcohol bath before using them (I find that they have give the liquid a weird flavor if I don't) so I might not be able to check back in til tomorrow but I'll let you know as soon as I can.

nettles4349

Aug 11, 2013
New Jersey
That would be great as the Smoktech coils seem to run pretty expensive wherever I can find them in stock. It's a great clearo though, for me it's like a combo of the mini vivi nova and the evod, bcc with good flavor and warmer vapor without the hassle of long top wicks and dry hits. I did actually try the evod coil in the tumbler with e-liquid and I can confirm for sure that it does NOT work. Also, I tried the Vision V-Tox original coil I got with my V-tox, it doesn't work in the tumbler either.

Yeah, the SmokTech coils can be kinda pricey. I don't remember exactly how much they cost but the T3S coils I got weren't too expensive - maybe $5-$7 for a pack of 5 - and I got them from Vapor Beast (great site, and they don't charge for shipping!!!). If it turns out that the T3S coils do work with the Tumbler they might be the way to go since they supposedly also work with the ProTank and the EVOD. Let you know.

nettles4349

Aug 11, 2013
New Jersey
I MADE A BIG MISTAKE! I apologize to all of you out there who have read the previous posts of mine on this topic. In my all-American rush to judgement I thought (and wrote) that the EVOD and ProTank coils did not work with the SmokTech Tumbler. I WAS WRONG! I guess, in my haste, I didn't properly thread the EVOD and ProTank coils into the Tumbler which is why I thought that they didn't work. I just sat down with all the BCC tanks I have - the Kanger EVOD and T3S, the SmokTech Tumbler and the DBox PuriTank - and all of the coils I have - Kanger EVOD, ProTank/EVOD and T3S/MT3S coils, SmokTech Trophy/Tumbler/ARO coils and DBox PuriTank coils - to figure out which coils fit in which device. To my surprise, all of the different coils I have seem to work in all of the devices I have. I know, I was shocked too. From just looking at the T3S/MT3S coils next to the ProTank/EVOD coils I couldn't tell the difference; in fact, with the exception of the boxes they come in (the T3S/MT3S coils in white and the ProTank/EVOD coils in black) I don't know if there is a difference.
This leads me to believe that there is a major, international BCC coil conspiracy that reaches even the highest points in US and foreign governments. I know I may be painting a target on my back by writing this but the people need to know!

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I have found that EVOD coils do NOT work in the ARO. They screw into the base just fine and will fire, but then the base will not screw into the ARO with an EVOD head equipped. The reason is that the EVOD head (at least the ones I tried) had too wide of a collar (the flat metal ring just above the threads) to fit into the ARO. I did find the ARO coils DO work on the EVOD though. The smaller collar on the ARO heads do not seem to affect the EVOD.

The EVOD heads that I have are the old style heads with the short stems. I have no idea if the new PT/EVOD combo heads have a smaller collar or not. If so they may work. It may also be possible to grind that collar down to a slightly smaller diameter to get them to fit.

1awesomelawson

Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
SC
To the OP, I actually live in Charleston and shop at ECig Charleston regularly lol (that was an eyeball popping moment for me to see my local B&M mentioned from someone out of the area) and tomorrow, I'm planning on stopping in to pick up both the Tumbler tank and the Trophy tank. I just got a Protank 2 from Potion Vape for the hubs but the coils burned out way too damn fast so I'm still looking for something that holds a lot of juice, in glass/pyrex, that will work for him. I can't even vape out of that PT2 until I get new coils, but I'm hesitant to go buy more coils if, in the end, I won't be using the devices meant for them.

I'll report back when I have more information to share on the subject.

nettles4349

Aug 11, 2013
New Jersey
After reading a couple of the replies to my post where I said that all of my coils worked with all of my BCC atomizers I feared that I made a big mistake so today I finally went back to double check. I tried every single coil I had on the Kanger EVOD, the Kanger T3S, the DBOX PuriTank and the SmokTech Tumbler and discovered I was only partly correct. All of the Kanger T3S/MT3S coils worked with all of the atomizers, but what became confusing was when I went through all of my ProTank/EVOD coils - it seems that the majority of the ProTank/EVOD coils will work on the T3S, but not all of them. Around a little less than half of them also worked fine in the Tumbler; there were a few that couldn't even screw in to the Tumbler and the rest, while they screwed in to the Tumbler did not reach the battery connection. My thought was that maybe Kanger changed their ProTank/EVOD coils at some point fairly recently and that maybe the new ones would all work with the T3S and the Tumbler so I opened up a new 5 pack of ProTank coils I purchased around a month back to see what they would all work with. All 5 coils worked fine with the T3S but only 3 out of 5 worked on the Tumbler.

So what did I conclude from the hours I spent on this little experiment? Well, first thing I realized is that it is next to impossible to see the difference between ProTank coils and T3S coils - seriously, if you have both, put them side by side and try and tell which one is which. Next, if you'd like to purchase a SmokTech Tumbler but are hesitant because you don't want to spend the money on SmokTech coils, don't worry! If you already have several ProTank/EVOD coils a few of them are bound to work with it, also if you like you can just buy T3S coils and they will work with not only the T3S and Tumbler but also with the ProTank and EVOD.

If anyone reads this and finds any inaccuracies in any part of what I wrote or would just like to add something, by all means, please do - I'm not perfect. But I do hope that this helps out any of you out there who have the same bottom coil compatibility questions I did.

-John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread