SMPL clone magnet replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
Hey everyone. I'm having trouble finding some replacement magnets for my SMPL clone. I think it's by tobeco. I've looked everywhere I can think of and checked and I can't find anything. Fat Daddy Vapes doesn't list the size of the magnets and doesn't have SMPL magnets. If anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it. Here are the dimensions; OD: 1/2inch (12.7mm), ID: 3/8inch (9.252mm) and a thickness of .393701 (10mm).

I tried to cover all the measurements units I've seen on the sites. I have the cm too if it helps lol. Thanks again.

duc916

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Nor Cal
I have a bunch of spare (but all busted up because they're so brittle) Nemesis switch magnets from fasttech that measure 9mm x 13mm by my caliper. They fit perfectly in my brother's SMPL clone, which was bought on eBay a long time ago, so we have no idea who made it.

9 x 13mm sounds pretty close to yours. Did you measure with a caliper? The more critical dimension is that ID you say is 3/8", which actually converts to 9.52mm, not 9.25. I'd bet that yours is more like 9mm. If that's the case, you can order Nemesis magnets as a replacement.

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
You're right! That was supposed to be 9.525 lol. I copied the numbers from my document too quickly.

Unfortunately I don't have a caliper on me. I ended up sketching the magnet and measuring the drawing and also measuring the magnet, trying to get as accurate reading as I could. I had read the Nemesis magnets worked but not being sure makes me wonder if it would cover the vent holes. My measurements could also be a little off since I don't have a caliper. Since I can't seem to find anything that matches 100%, I might just get the Nemesis magnet and try that out. It's nice to know that it works for someone rather than just that it might, thanks!

As for the switch heating up, I'm not sure. My SMPL clone came with magnets out of the box and I haven't had a hot switch issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread