Status
Not open for further replies.

Raynen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
CT
gamingraynen.blogspot.com
I use an eGo 650mah batt, just for the record, and have purchased the juices myself. They're all 70 PG/30 VG, 18mg nicotine, and are from http://Vape~A~Licious Juice.

Snickerdoodle:
I'm always looking for a Snickerdoodle juice since it's possibly my all-time favorite juice. I have tried a few, and liked them a lot, but something was always missing. The first one I tried was amazing, but the recipe kept changing, so I just didn't buy it anymore. Anyway... enough of my Snickerdoodle e-liquid obsession :p

I used a Boge LR 2.0ohm carto. This juice was tasted right out of the package, but I waited for a while to do the review in case it changed. Snickerdoodle is amazing right out of the box, and it only slightly became stronger over time, but not a whole big difference.

Okay here's the low-down on flavor: When I take a drag, before I even inhale, I'm getting a nice taste of baking cinnamon with a slight hint of buttery cookie. When I inhale, though, I definitely get the buttery cookie taste more than the cinnamon. When I exhale, it's visa versa. This juice is tastes the way it should; it tastes like my favorite cookie. It's not too sweet, which tends to happen, but it's not just cinnamon, which almost always happens with this flavor. I am very close to saying that not only is this my favorite juice (I drink a lot of coffee and this is the perfect match!), but this is my favorite SNICKERDOODLE juice when it comes to flavor. I am pretty much in love with the authentic taste of it. It's a very strong, but not harsh, flavor that has a very pleasant aftertaste. All in all, I really love the taste of this juice.

Now for the Throat-Hit: The TH on V-A-L Juice's Snickerdoodle is nice. It's a very smooth juice with a complimentary TH. I tend to like a stronger TH in the morning to wake me up and also because I drink coffee; for some reason coffee tends to lessen the TH because coffee has "body" to it. I guess it could be a bit stronger, but I'm definitely not complaining.

Finally, the vapor production: With just 30% VG, I'm getting a nice cloud of vapor! As I vape this right now, I have to wait a second to see my laptop screen :lol: which is a very good thing. The vapor is nice and warm, too, which is important for any bakery juice, in my opinion. It's not fog-machine status, but it's exactly what I expected from a 70/30 mix, and then some more.

Overall, this is my favorite Snickerdoodle Cookie juice. It's just what I've been looking for. Great job, Vape~A~Licious Juice!

----------------------------------

STL's Gooey Butter Cake

I've had some bad experiences with cake-y/vanilla-y juices. I don't taste the cake or vanilla, but I taste pepper. So, naturally, I was hesitant to buy it when a friend of mine highly recommended it. Regardless, I bought it.

I dripped this juice in a 510 LR atty (I don't have a carto filled up right now since I only have a 10ml bottle- sorry if this is discouraging!) PLEASE NOTE THAT I LET THIS JUICE STEEP OVERNIGHT UNCAPPED to avoid any peppery taste! I've spent a lot of time vaping this juice to make this review authentic.

Flavor: When I take a drag, before the inhale, I get a LOT of butter, which is to be expected. In the inhale, there's the nice "gooey cake" taste, which is the best I can describe it. It's just got that butter-soaked cake taste to it. On the exhale, this is where the juice really surprises me. I get the butter, I get the cake... but the surprise is the power sugar taste to it! I didn't think I'd get that in this flavor, but I do! No peppery taste, no gagging on my behalf because of my apparent dislike to vanilla/cake flavors. I'm very impressed with the REAL taste of this. It's beyond my expectation, and now I understand the hype of this juice. Great tasting juice, and goes well with coffee!

The TH of Gooey Butter Cake: This juice is very smooth, but the TH is alright. It's not as strong as I'd like, but it's definitely there. In a carto, I know it would be more. Regardless, the TH is there, but it's not anything to rave about. In my opinion this is a great juice after a hearty dinner, complimented with a cup of coffee. Again, I wish it was stronger, but it's not like there isn't a TH. It's just alright.

The vapor production: The vapor is really warm, and I'm getting a nice cloud. Again, I'm waiting to see my screen for a second :p It's not fog-machine status, but there is a nice vapor production, that is lingering from my testing of this juice. Again, the warm vapor is important to me with any baked goods flavor, and it's very warm with a happy cloud of vapor.

Overall, I really enjoy this juice. It's not my favorite, since I really love V-A-L's Snickerdoodle. I will be buying a bigger bottle of this when I order from V-A-L next. If you like Gooey Butter Cakes, or you just want a different kind of baked goods flavor, this is something you should definitely consider! Great job, V-A-L!

--------------------------------------------

About the vendor:
Vape~A~Licious Juice is a great vendor! Very quick shipment, and awesome customer service. I think Candy has been the most personal and active vendor in reference to emails and PMs here on ECF, as well as over the phone. She and her husband run a great business and I'm happy to call them my primary vendor. Great job, V-A-L, your flavors are great! I'm a VERY picky vaper, so the fact that I get 90% of my juice from V-A-L is surprising to me. Great juice, great service, happy Raynen.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Raynen,

That is a wonderful review.

It certainly helps that the juices reviewed are terrific---I haven't tried Vapealicious Snickerdoodle, but StL GBC is an amazing liquid that stands head and shoulders above its more typical cake-batter-like competitors.

What makes the review so great, however, is your ability to describe what happens when you vape them---not just the flavors, but your actual experience of the juices. One might assume that such eloquent descriptive abilities are obvious prerequisites for writing a truly helpful juice review, but no---those skills turn out to be fairly rare, strangely enough (and sadly).

Please post more reviews.

Raynen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
CT
gamingraynen.blogspot.com
Oh, many thanks, bill! I have written a good amount of reviews... and the first ones were... interesting :lol: My goal is to really get to the root of what I'm tasting and feeling, rather than just saying if the juice is good or not. Thank you, again, for your excellent compliments :D :blush:

I'll be doing another review within a few weeks for my next batch of juices :D

Last edited:

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
Thank you for the review Raynen. :)

I think you nailed my feelings on these two exceptional juices as well.

I use the 50/50 standard blend, since I'm not a cartomizer guy, and it makes fabulous vapor at the 50/50 mix.
TH is surprising in these two flavors, because dessert vapes tend to not have much TH.

I agree with you about VAL. They are great people and make wonderful juices. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread