so I made a flashlight mod and have probs.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewk302

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2010
nh
so I made a flashlight mod. I bought some enercell cr2 3 volt batteries and I get voltage to the fitting ( around 5v) but when i attach an atty to it I get nothing???? If I put my 14500 3.7v batt in it it works fine. I also tried stuffing my cr2's in my 3.7v box with no atty my led lights up and I get power to the fitting. Do these battys not put out the right amps or something? I am lost. Any info would be helpful. Thanks guys!

Gummy Bear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
orlando fl
agummybear.deviantart.com
Well I'm sure that there are enough minds around here to get you up and vaping.
Do you have any pics of your mod especially the wiring?
I have used CR2s they should work just not going to last to long.
Have you used that same atty on anything else?

Edit:
Are those batts rechargeable ?

Last edited:

Gummy Bear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
orlando fl
I have seen something like this before where an atty wouldn't work on one mod but would work on another. a few times it came down to the atty connectors either in the atty or the mod. first I would try to lift the center pin in the mod just a little bit and screw the atty down very slowly, not to tight. But I have also seen stacked batts pushing just a bit to hard inside the mod and opening up the circuit, you did say that it worked with a single 3.7 ??

Gummy Bear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
orlando fl
I do understand what your saying, I got some bummer cr2s from the rat shack one time too. but,,,, have you tried lifting the atty connector's center pin scene we started this conversation? I'd bet that is the problem or you have a torn insulator between the center pin and the outer housing. just a small hole in it may only short out after the atty is on it.

Last edited:

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Well I did ask about that. If there not rechargeable, well then that could be the problem, I'd bet they had them on the shelf for a year.

Yeah. +1. Also, some flashlight mods only work in the dark. Try turning off the lights.........

Seriously, switch batteries. Also check that you don't need a spacer, but since you are getting voltage.... switch.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Those batteries are 800mah rated and should provide enough amperage. You should be reading 6v with both in series. If you are reading 5v with no load, they are stale.

A normal 510 runs at 1.3 amps or so to a 2.5 ohm atty assuming 3.2v under load. I'll bet you are not getting the voltage under load to warm the atty to temp.

Last edited:

Gummy Bear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
orlando fl
yes it did work with a single 3.7v. each batty reads 3.0v seperately and with the power button held on and no atty the fitting reads 5v or so. It doesnt make sense to me.

The 3v reading on the separate batts sounds OK but, if I read this right,, the stacked reading is with them installed in the mod. Try a reading with them stacked in your hand. If that is 5v the batts are bad. If it is 6 v the mod has an issue,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread