So this is ReoVille

Status
Not open for further replies.

COGamerGirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs
Nooblet here reaching out for some advice.
I have decided that I want to purchase a REO this week but I want to make sure I have everything I need for the best experience with it.

I am currently using a kayfun Lite with either a Roller or my Magneto.

I was going to buy an rda but don't want to hassle with dripping. The REO seems the perfect solution. I am looking at a low profile mini. Since I have the kayfun and batteries, what else do I need to order?
Sorry for the dumb questions!

Yes, I'm a girl and I use a Mech! :)

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
Hey C.G.G. I'm sure you'll love it

Since you have batteries and charger

• Get an LP Reomizer, LP RM2 for short.
  • Get some extra RM2 screws, they get lost easy
  • You'll get 1 1mm x 10mm o ring for under the RM2, get a spare and some 1.5 x10 mm o rings, cheap as long you're getting something else to cover the shipping.
  • Get and extra spring, this acts like a fuse and will drop if you get a short, you'll be out of order until you replace it.
  • You'll get two bottles, so if you want more order now.

IF you don't have it I'd also suggest 28 gauge kanthal as a starting point.

Most people go through more juice so be prepared with a good supply. Also most people get more than one Reo shortly after the first, so save on shipping and just order your next one with this order.

COGamerGirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs
Hey C.G.G. I'm sure you'll love it

Since you have batteries and charger

• Get an LP Reomizer, LP RM2 for short.
  • Get some extra RM2 screws, they get lost easy
  • You'll get 1 1mm x 10mm o ring for under the RM2, get a spare and some 1.5 x10 mm o rings, cheap as long you're getting something else to cover the shipping.
  • Get and extra spring, this acts like a fuse and will drop if you get a short, you'll be out of order until you replace it.
  • You'll get two bottles, so if you want more order now.

IF you don't have it I'd also suggest 28 gauge kanthal as a starting point.

Most people go through more juice so be prepared with a good supply. Also most people get more than one Reo shortly after the first, so save on shipping and just order your next one with this order.

Thank you very much. On the site now. Seems the screws are out of stock and I don't see the springs at all. I think my best bet is to email him your list lol.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Yes, the Mini is 3ml and the Grand is 6ml. Also, the 18650 battery in the Grand will last longer than the 18490 in the Mini. The Grand is not very big. If I could just have one, I'd get the Grand. It's not too big at all, and the bigger bottle and battery make it my first choice. Of course, I recommend at least one of each, but you have to start somewhere. Ha.

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
Nice Grand Twist, love the black wrinkle. That mod will fit perfectly in your tackle bag or even your bait box if you pull a divider ;-). You may wanna rub that clauser on it for good luck but I imagine you're throwin' crazy charlies and stuff down your way.

Keep 'em tight brother and glad you're here!

Thanks!

I've never tried fly fishing. In April we throw Cobia jigs when we site a Cobia. We're gearing up for bill fish trolling soon. We make our own lures & jigs.

Tight lines!

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
People use flyrods to catch bill fish too which I find hard to believe. They troll a bait like normal on the usual rig but no hooks. Once a fish is slashing at the bait the quickly remove it and replace it with a huge fly that relicated the bait that was trolled and then fight it on the fly rod. Seems crazy to me but I think mostly it is guys chasing rod or line class records.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Nooblet here reaching out for some advice.
I have decided that I want to purchase a REO this week but I want to make sure I have everything I need for the best experience with it.

As mentioned, to get the most out of the REO experience you will need a bottom fed RDA. The RM2 or the Cyclone are both exceptional devices.

I am currently using a Kayfun Lite with either a Roller or my Magneto.

You will most likely sell them to fund future REO purchases, its a common effect around here.

I was going to buy an rda but don't want to hassle with dripping. The REO seems the perfect solution. I am looking at a low profile mini. Since I have the Kayfun and batteries, what else do I need to order?

What Filthy Beast said.

Sorry for the dumb questions!

No such thing in Reoville.

Girls that use mechs are hot! :D

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
People use flyrods to catch bill fish too which I find hard to believe. They troll a bait like normal on the usual rig but no hooks. Once a fish is slashing at the bait the quickly remove it and replace it with a huge fly that relicated the bait that was trolled and then fight it on the fly rod. Seems crazy to me but I think mostly it is guys chasing rod or line class records.

Crazy to me, too. Why? Does it add more sportsmanship or something? One of my friends uses a fly rod when site fishing for Cobia, which makes more sense to me.

The folks I fish with feel that if you drag something a fish will bite, it darn well better have a hook in it! I agree.

I expect we'll be mounting the outriggers this week. My REO can't wait for its first fishing trip!

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
Agreed. Cobia, reds, bones, permit, etc all make sense as you stalk and sight fish them. I really think using a flyrod for bill fish is crazy and I can't think of any good reason to do it other than chasing rod/line class records. Hooking up a major tarpon in the mangroves is one thing, fighting a bill fish seems foolish to me.

"Just because you can doesn't mean you should"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread