so upset i could cry!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm new and two months 2 weeks into the vaping. Wow a ton of problems, but main one now is i bought a KANGERTECH TOP EVOD 1 PEN starter kit from a store in Ontario. When i bought this kit it had a coil Unit already in it. After two weeks it was time to change the coil and i did, then the problems begin..My pen worked for like 20 min. if then i noticed i was getting horrible burnt taste, gurgling, spitting of juice and when i opened the pen to check the battery was full of liquid, so i cleaned everything and put in a new coil..same thing, now its been a month and i have wasted a ton of liquid and as of this morning just wanted to go out and buy smokes. Then someone suggested the plastic gromet be turned around, i did that and its not leaking now but the burnt taste as gurgling began again. So i phoned my vape store and asked them what COIL should i have for my vape pen, she called out the coil # and its totally different then the one i have been using for the last month which is a MT32 (SOCC) WOW, so i phoned the store and told the girl she sold me the wrong coils and i was new at this. I also told her my vapor pen has now gone through alot in this month and i have gone through alot of juice. She didnt even want to talk to me saying its been over their 4 days to return anything..WHAT I SAID I BOUGHT A PEN WITH A COIL IN IT. I TRUSTED YOU SOLD ME THE CORRECT COILS (which she sold me the wrong ones) NOTHING SHE CAN DO, JUST COME UP AND GET NEW COILS...WHAT WHAT WHAT, i was freaking out,,this is the worse month in my life as i quit smoking completely 30 approx years..just getting this out of my system, sorry folks, but i feel if they made a mistake and i was still new at this that they would have replaced my coils with the proper ones FREE added a vape juice for all that leaked out of the pen, AND probably a new vape pen, just for everything i went through, imagine a month of burnt spitting liquids when you just quit smoking, SHAME on this store in Ontario Cda, actually im in the country so its a drive just to get there. SORRY FOR VENTING BUT HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE ELSE?? OR AM I JUST THAT STUPID
THANKS
LILWOLF

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Hi, I'm new and two months 2 weeks into the vaping. Wow a ton of problems, but main one now is i bought a KANGERTECH TOP EVOD 1 PEN starter kit from a store in Ontario. When i bought this kit it had a coil Unit already in it. After two weeks it was time to change the coil and i did, then the problems begin..My pen worked for like 20 min. if then i noticed i was getting horrible burnt taste, gurgling, spitting of juice and when i opened the pen to check the battery was full of liquid, so i cleaned everything and put in a new coil..same thing, now its been a month and i have wasted a ton of liquid and as of this morning just wanted to go out and buy smokes. Then someone suggested the plastic gromet be turned around, i did that and its not leaking now but the burnt taste as gurgling began again. So i phoned my vape store and asked them what COIL should i have for my vape pen, she called out the coil # and its totally different then the one i have been using for the last month which is a MT32 (SOCC) WOW, so i phoned the store and told the girl she sold me the wrong coils and i was new at this. I also told her my vapor pen has now gone through alot in this month and i have gone through alot of juice. She didnt even want to talk to me saying its been over their 4 days to return anything..WHAT I SAID I BOUGHT A PEN WITH A COIL IN IT. I TRUSTED YOU SOLD ME THE CORRECT COILS (which she sold me the wrong ones) NOTHING SHE CAN DO, JUST COME UP AND GET NEW COILS...WHAT WHAT WHAT, i was freaking out,,this is the worse month in my life as i quit smoking completely 30 approx years..just getting this out of my system, sorry folks, but i feel if they made a mistake and i was still new at this that they would have replaced my coils with the proper ones FREE added a vape juice for all that leaked out of the pen, AND probably a new vape pen, just for everything i went through, imagine a month of burnt spitting liquids when you just quit smoking, SHAME on this store in Ontario Cda, actually im in the country so its a drive just to get there. SORRY FOR VENTING BUT HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE ELSE?? OR AM I JUST THAT STUPID
THANKS
LILWOLF

So sorry this happened to you! No, you are not stupid, you are just learning! Yes! That vape shop should give you free coils for at least a month plus several bottles of free juice. I would go back to that particular store and ask to speak to the manager. Explain to him what happened and see what he suggests. If he doesn't come through for you in a big way, I would never enter his store again!

FishingBuffalo

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Collinsville,TX
Always take your device in, vape shop employees can not remember everyone, especially the dumb employees (we have all ran into them). If they still can not give you the proper parts, advice, and support- turn around and walk out. There are good shops out there, but not enough. Always ask advice here and look for answers to your questions. If no one else is on your side WE are.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
So sorry for that whole mess. I agree with Just, I would march my .... right back there and speak to a manager. Being new to vaping you had no idea what was being sold to you and just trusted the clerk you sold you the items. This is unacceptable to the point that you thought "you" did something wrong and that was not the case at all. We got your back! Glad you joined!

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Welcome to ECF @lilwolf. Sorry to hear about your problem and shame on that vape shop for not taking care of you.

I drive right past a few other vape shops to a really good one almost 100 miles away. How good? They not only treat me right, but recognize that customers make purchases online, yet they still work with them and their equipment to help them out. When I do make the trip, I plan ahead to be sure I get enough of what I need and in an emergency, they willingly send out anything I need. I also make purchases online, they know it, and still take care of me. As you may have found out, there are bad shops, but if you can find a good one it can be very helpful.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
So sorry this happened to you! No, you are not stupid, you are just learning! Yes! That vape shop should give you free coils for at least a month plus several bottles of free juice. I would go back to that particular store and ask to speak to the manager. Explain to him what happened and see what he suggests. If he doesn't come through for you in a big way, I would never enter his store again.

Bump.

I agree with @JustWondering1 here. Go in, see the manager & explain it. The manger ought to want to get square with you in big way. If not the case, never do business with them again.

@Two_Bears has a good suggestion as well. I do not know many online vendors in Canada per say. I know a few here in the States what are relatively close to Canada. I would suggest either in an eye blink. They are good vendors.

Mt. Baker Vapor E Cigarette | Buy Electronic Cigarettes Online | E Juice - Mt Baker Vapor

Vapor 4 Life The Best Vape Products & Supplies | Vapor4life @LadyVapentine is a representative for them here in the forum. I'm sure she can guide you well on your way.

Both of these are relatively close to Canada. Fairly sure both will ship to Canada.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Welcome @lilwolf....

Couple other things come to mind. First, you might not have "primed" the coil well enough, and it's possible that you've burnt it (really no recovery from that.) Other is, I often get gurgling if I don't have the voltage turned up enough (AFTER PRIMING WELL). When you're tightening the base on the tank, "snug" is good. You don't want too loose or too tight. Same goes for putting the tank on your device.

As others have mentioned, see if you can go back to the shop and have them SPEND SOME TIME with you to really explain how all this stuff works together. The references listed by BrotherBob are great guides as well.

Good luck!

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
whereabouts in Ontario are you? If close to the Ottawa area, I could give you a hand, info and such... If closer to Toronto, I can probably offer some for the area too.

Sorry about your experience but the reality is that some stores have crappy employees that know nothing and can't help clients, it's all about the money, but a good place will bend over backward to help.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
No you are not stupid at all. Unfortunately the rumors of people working in these vape shops without the correct knowledge run rampant. Try to relax just a bit. You have our full attention. We do have knowledge and we are going to help you through this. I know how frustrating this can be. I totally agree that the shop should replace everything since it was their mistake. Sadly, good customer service is almost unheard of these days.

Although we do have many great vendors here on this forum. Many of us (including myself) went through very frustrating experiences when we first started. You are not alone in that. Just hang in there and do not give up. This can and will work for you with the help of the fine members here. Take a deep breath and you will get the help that you need :)

Reactions: jwbnyc

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Ah, the good 'ole Evod 1 ... Still around and not a bad choice to get started with.

Coil heads are mass produced disposable items, lots of leeway in the production process.

If you burnt any of the grommets or gaskets - sorry.
Get a new coil head, that nasty taste from scorched rubber/silicone is going to spoil any liquid you put in.
Unless runningshoe-brulee is your favourite flavour :)

If you experience gurgling, the wicking may be too little. Remove coilhead. Wiggle off the top ( pliers help ), place an additional wick or a few strands of organic cotton on top of the coil itself. Run them along the original wick ( the one running through the coil itself) into these tiny slots on the side. Not too tight, not too loose.
I even rebuild Evod 1 heads. Surprising how much 'mileage' one can get out of these little thingies.

But this applies only to the right coild for the right atty.
If the coilhead doesn't fit, no amout of tinkering isn't gonna fix it.

Regardless of that - I'd follow the advice of the previous posters. Revisit the shop and lodge a complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread