• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Some facts on 100mg Nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanK1968

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Toronto Canada
www.mapleleafvapes.com
***This is in no way promoting the use of 100mg Nicotine***

nicotine content of a cigar is 100 to 200 milligrams, with some as high as 400 milligrams most of the nic is absorbed threw saliva in the mouth. 25% of cigar smokers inhale.

for 150 pound man 3 drops of 100mg nicotine could cause severe dizziness, nausea and vomitting

100mg Nicotine has infact been vaped (by accident) by a couple people and they both reported feeling dizzy and nauseated and had trouble sleeping. Death did not occur (lucky)

a nicotine inhaler contains 100 milligrams per bottle, or about one half milligram per spray. Nicotine patches contain as high as 114 milligrams of nicotine and those are readily available over the counter.

Spilling a high concentration of nicotine onto the skin can cause intoxication or even death, since nicotine readily passes into the bloodstream following dermal contact. I cant find info on the concentration or amount spilled of nic to cause death threw dermal contact.

The NFPA for 100mga of nic is (3, 1, 0) 3 is Short exposure could cause serious temporary or moderate residual injury not fatal in small doses. the 1 and 0 are fire hazards which nic poses no fire hazard unless your using it in a cigarette lol.

40–60 mg (0.5-1.0 mg/kg) can be a lethal dosage for adult humans but does not list how much has to be ingested or absorbed threw the skin in order for it to be fatal. Some people vape as high as 40 so I would imagine it would have to be alot in a short period of time.

If nicotine poisoning is suspected, call a poison control center immediately. Do not make the victim vomit unless instructed to do so by emergency personnel. If nicotine poisoning symptoms are the result of skin exposure, wash the area with soap and water for 15 minutes. Medical treatment for ingested nicotine includes activated charcoal and gastric lavage (washing out the stomach). With medical treatment, even serious cases of nicotine poisoning can be resolved without permanent damage.

So I was unable to find out what mg nic they talked about as considered as high concentrate. Pure nicotine is 1000mg and we use 100mg which is 10% concentration.

In summation if you must use 100mg nic to mix use gloves, mask, and eye protection. Mix by a sink (of course you all knew that lol). Of the tens of thousands of ML of e-juice that have been made by DIY'ers there have been no deaths or severe poisonings. Be very careful mixing, better to be safe then sorry.

If you are a beginner and reading this and want to DIY, get some 36mg nic which you can dilute to 24mg, 18mg or lower.

Be safe, be diligent, and if you have more info then I have or I have some numbers wrong please post.

wood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
edmonton
***This is in no way promoting the use of 100mg Nicotine***

nicotine content of a cigar is 100 to 200 milligrams, with some as high as 400 milligrams most of the nic is absorbed threw saliva in the mouth. 25% of cigar smokers inhale.

for 150 pound man 3 drops of 100mg nicotine could cause severe dizziness, nausea and vomitting

100mg Nicotine has infact been vaped (by accident) by a couple people and they both reported feeling dizzy and nauseated and had trouble sleeping. Death did not occur (lucky)

a nicotine inhaler contains 100 milligrams per bottle, or about one half milligram per spray. Nicotine patches contain as high as 114 milligrams of nicotine and those are readily available over the counter.

Spilling a high concentration of nicotine onto the skin can cause intoxication or even death, since nicotine readily passes into the bloodstream following dermal contact. I cant find info on the concentration or amount spilled of nic to cause death threw dermal contact.

The NFPA for 100mga of nic is (3, 1, 0) 3 is Short exposure could cause serious temporary or moderate residual injury not fatal in small doses. the 1 and 0 are fire hazards which nic poses no fire hazard unless your using it in a cigarette lol.

40–60 mg (0.5-1.0 mg/kg) can be a lethal dosage for adult humans but does not list how much has to be ingested or absorbed threw the skin in order for it to be fatal. Some people vape as high as 40 so I would imagine it would have to be alot in a short period of time.

If nicotine poisoning is suspected, call a poison control center immediately. Do not make the victim vomit unless instructed to do so by emergency personnel. If nicotine poisoning symptoms are the result of skin exposure, wash the area with soap and water for 15 minutes. Medical treatment for ingested nicotine includes activated charcoal and gastric lavage (washing out the stomach). With medical treatment, even serious cases of nicotine poisoning can be resolved without permanent damage.

So I was unable to find out what mg nic they talked about as considered as high concentrate. Pure nicotine is 1000mg and we use 100mg which is 10% concentration.

In summation if you must use 100mg nic to mix use gloves, mask, and eye protection. Mix by a sink (of course you all knew that lol). Of the tens of thousands of ML of e-juice that have been made by DIY'ers there have been no deaths or severe poisonings. Be very careful mixing, better to be safe then sorry.

If you are a beginner and reading this and want to DIY, get some 36mg nic which you can dilute to 24mg, 18mg or lower.

Be safe, be diligent, and if you have more info then I have or I have some numbers wrong please post.

most of your facts are wrong there , lol like way out to lunch

Pipeous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Surrey, BC, Canada
www.madpro.ca
also, these ratings on the bottles we use. is it 100mg in the whole bottle or per dosage or?? so if 100 mg is what is added to the whole bottle, then you would have to spill the whole bottle on your skin. the concentrations are a bit vague really. (I have to play advocate and ask questions).

so who makes these numbers on the bottles and what do they actually mean?

IanK1968

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Toronto Canada
www.mapleleafvapes.com
most of your facts are wrong there , lol like way out to lunch

Well alot of those facts I got from a pharmaceutical website, so either you are smarter then a pharmacist or the number just are way to vague to be correct. Beats me, I just cut and pasted lol

IanK1968

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Toronto Canada
www.mapleleafvapes.com
also, these ratings on the bottles we use. is it 100mg in the whole bottle or per dosage or?? so if 100 mg is what is added to the whole bottle, then you would have to spill the whole bottle on your skin. the concentrations are a bit vague really. (I have to play advocate and ask questions).

so who makes these numbers on the bottles and what do they actually mean?

Those numbers are from the NFPA National Fire Protection Association. They rate all hazardous chemicals NFPA 704 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
edmonton
an over the counter nic patch the highest is 26 or something , im not sure what a nicotine pad is but thats the higher rated one and im sure you can not obtain it over the counter ,
a nicotine inhaler contains 100mg but thats the hole inhaler
it states a cig has 10mg of nic or something but my smoke pack says 1.4 mg
and a 200mg cigar which is really high is not all absorbed alot is exhaled and is released into the environment , your body doesnt absorb all the nicotine content of a cigar

Concat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Edmonton, AB
30-60mg yes but is it a drop, 3 drops, an ounce. How much is needed to cause death. They dont mention that anywhere

30-60 mg absorbed into the body. They can't say one drop because that is in entirely dependant on the concentration level. For 100mg/mL nicotine, it would be like 1/3 - 2/3 of a mL, which equate to something like 7-14 drops give or take a drop.

If we're talking 18 mg/mL, you'd have to drink 2-3 mL.

When it comes to vaping, the amount absorbed isn't even really known. If we assume you're vaping at 18 mg/ml, and 50% of the nic is absorbed, then you'd have to vape 4-6 mLs. Not only that, but you'd have to do it faster than your body could metabolize the nicotine. I don't know the average rate of metabolization of nic, but I'm quite confident that you would become sick before you had a chance to vape to the point of death. You'd have to actually try and kill yourself by vaping at standard concentration levels (8mg-36 mg/ml)

Concat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Edmonton, AB
an over the counter nic patch the highest is 26 or something , im not sure what a nicotine pad is but thats the higher rated one and im sure you can not obtain it over the counter ,
a nicotine inhaler contains 100mg but thats the hole inhaler
it states a cig has 10mg of nic or something but my smoke pack says 1.4 mg
and a 200mg cigar which is really high is not all absorbed alot is exhaled and is released into the environment , your body doesnt absorb all the nicotine content of a cigar

I believe the dosage on the patches are rated for XX mg/day, and do not respresent the total amount of nicotine present.

I was surprised by the cigar factoid too... seems ridiculously high. I don't, however, see where he talked about 10mg being in a cig... :/

IanK1968

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Toronto Canada
www.mapleleafvapes.com
to play devils advocate, you can OD and kill yourself sucking on the inhaler, and if you eat a cigar you absorb the whole 200mg. Not that that will ever happen. Just saying you can get enough nicotine over the counter to kill yourself with. The patch, gum, and inhaler are over the counter. No idea what this pad your talking about it though.

But all in all its about dont screw with 100mg nic if you dont know what your doing. I just thought I post whatever info I found for information only.

IanK1968

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Toronto Canada
www.mapleleafvapes.com
30-60 mg absorbed into the body. They can't say one drop because that is in entirely dependant on the concentration level. For 100mg/mL nicotine, it would be like 1/3 - 2/3 of a mL, which equate to something like 7-14 drops give or take a drop.

If we're talking 18 mg/mL, you'd have to drink 2-3 mL.

When it comes to vaping, the amount absorbed isn't even really known. If we assume you're vaping at 18 mg/ml, and 50% of the nic is absorbed, then you'd have to vape 4-6 mLs. Not only that, but you'd have to do it faster than your body could metabolize the nicotine. I don't know the average rate of metabolization of nic, but I'm quite confident that you would become sick before you had a chance to vape to the point of death. You'd have to actually try and kill yourself by vaping at standard concentration levels (8mg-36 mg/ml)

Gotchya. There was those 2 people that vaped 100mg by accident and lived to tell the tale. So is it as dangerous as people make it out to be, or did those 2 people just get very very very lucky?

IanK1968

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Toronto Canada
www.mapleleafvapes.com
The liquid is per mil. So if it is listed as 24 mg liquid then there is 24 mg of nicotine in each mil of liquid, if it's 100 mg liquid then there is 100 mg of nicotine in each mil of liquid.

Then how many mg of nic are in one drop? I hated math in school lol.

Moonflame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Smith Mt Lake area, Va, USA
Then how many mg of nic are in one drop? I hated math in school lol.

Depends on the size of the drop :). The average seems to be about 20 drops per mil. So take whatever mg liquid you have and divide by 20 to get how much is in each drop. It won't be exact, but it should be pretty close. I tend to use about 20 mg liquid so each drop has about 1 mg of nicotine. Little enough that I don't worry too much if I spill a drop or 2 on myself, but enough that I wash my hands before touching my pets if I get any on my hands.

I'm very careful when I'm mixing using unflavored. I only do it in the bathroom over the sink in case of a spill, door closed so pets can't get at it, and now that I have 100 mg liquid for mixing I'll open the window.

IanK1968

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Toronto Canada
www.mapleleafvapes.com
Depends on the size of the drop :). The average seems to be about 20 drops per mil. So take whatever mg liquid you have and divide by 20 to get how much is in each drop. It won't be exact, but it should be pretty close. I tend to use about 20 mg liquid so each drop has about 1 mg of nicotine. Little enough that I don't worry too much if I spill a drop or 2 on myself, but enough that I wash my hands before touching my pets if I get any on my hands.

I'm very careful when I'm mixing using unflavored. I only do it in the bathroom over the sink in case of a spill, door closed so pets can't get at it, and now that I have 100 mg liquid for mixing I'll open the window.

So you would need to drop 8-12 drops on your skin or 1/2ml for it to be lethal. wow thats not alot is it. atleast you know if you get a drop or 2 on your skin you wont drop dead, just be dizzy for a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread