Some quick Noob questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeInNYC

Oct 17, 2011
NYC, NY
I'm extremely interested in vaping once again, but consider me a new user. I got ripped off by a smoke everywhere mall kiosk a few years ago and never looked back until I saw a Logic brand disposable (Gold Label). Tried it and liked it.

I am a pack-a-day smoker, Marlboro ultra lights. I will prefer a normal cigarette sized PV, so although they may be the BEST out there, I am NOT interested in a larger PV at this time.

Now I've been all over the net - originally I liked Blu, but got one of their disposables and HATE the tobacco flavor. V2 looked cool, but from what I've seen here they're overpriced and take a long time to ship.

I'm currently ready to order a Halo G6, from what I've read here it's a sexy system, with mini batts.
I also really like the Apollo pack style PCC kit. Halo does seem to have better reviews from what I've seen, but Apollo also has quite a few good reviews...

So here are my questions:

Which Halo juice would most mimic the Ultra lights I'm used to? Tribeca and Prime both sound good to me... I'll most likely order a sample pack of their juices (probably the variety pack) as well.

I don't really like the G6 PCC, and would prefer to get a PCC for my new toy. I really liked the pack style PCC, like Blu, Apollo, etc. Does anyone know of a KR808D-1 pack style PCC? I'd really like to have space in the PCC for a charging batt, another batt and several carts. Most of the ones I seem to be able to find charge one and hold 2 cartos, or charge one and hold a complete cig...
The packs hold one, charge one, and also hold 4-5 other carts, which is great for travel.

My last question, some of the other manufacturers have some neat flavors - which I understand I'll probably like more once I'm analog free - like Cherry. I love cherries!

Blu, SmokeTip and a lot of others seem to have these, and Halo does not - but I know I can fill the Halo carts - so what juice supplier or manufacturer would you recommend specifically for a G6 user?

Thanks in advance! I hope I didn't kill you with a wall-o-text...

gscratch

Sep 10, 2011
Edmonton
{Disclosure - just my humble opinion, and please - take it for what it's worth, mileage will and ultimately does vary.}

I've not found a single juice that 'truly' replicates a burning twig. That said - I've found several flavours that really do come close to giving me the familiarity I was craving. You're doing the right thing. Ask for suggestions, and advice. Then - pick up a few sample size bottles of different tobaccos and see if there is something that gives you a smile. Then, buy a bottle and fill your carto's!

MikeInNYC

Oct 17, 2011
NYC, NY
I agree, I was expecting more out of the Blu disposable but it is disgusting to me. Perhaps it's because they ship them with 24mg - and I'm not quite used to that kind of hit. The Logic Gold however really tastes nice. Not like 'burning twig', but that is also probably a good thing.

Still though, the flavor of the Blu made me say no way to ordering.
Well, that and all of you guys.. lol.

In any case being a new user all of this information and model numbers being thrown around really gives me a headache!

I'm just not sure if those G6 Cartos will work with all juice manufacturers.

HeadLikeOrange

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2011
Massachusetts, USA
I would suggest a Joye 510. It is cigarette-shaped and sized. "510" refers to the thread size for the battery/atomizer, and is the most common. This way, if you want to upgrade later to an eGo or a Riva (two of the most popular PVs on this forum), the 510 components you've already got are compatible. If you eventually move beyond this to big battery mods, there's plenty of availability for a 510.

Any juice will work with any PV. The only stipulation is that with cartos, you want to make sure it is at least 50% PG.

Also, I have to agree that my experience and everything I've read says that there is no juice that truly tastes like a burning cigarette. I think everyone spends the first month or so trying to find this elusive juice. On the plus side, I have a number of juices that taste miles better than my old Marby Lights.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
SmokelessImage, Bloogplanet and Halocigs G6 are all the same thing. I recommend manual batteries for the best hits. Also compatible with Vapor4Life and all of the KR808D-1 stuff 2.5 to 3 ohms.

As an ultralights smoker - you could also consider a white or black Joye 510 manual and use it with Boge 3 ohm aka standard resistance cartomizers (these are blank cartomizers) - NiteLiteVapor.us carries Boge cartos in white, tan and the more common black. There are few decent prefilled cartos for 510 so if you want prefills go with the Volt/G6/Bloog types.

Apollo - not compatible with anything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread