Something to remove vapor from my office

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Do you own or rent? Many options if you own (basically can cut holes, fabricate, ect) If you rent, there are still options but they must be "discete". A HEPA filter will have to be replaced often and can get expensive.
I go outside to vape (don't have a choice... not my house, but even when I had my own place just went outside anyway (like when I smoked)... yes, even in the winter. As suggested, a different device... MTL with higher nic juice for inside (and if you crave the clouds, just go outside occasionally. Honestly, a simple plastic tubing (like a small hose) that goes out a wall (or even through the ceiling) would work (just exhale through it)
Bad joke: I once asked a friend if I could smoke in their house... they said "sure, just don't exhale" ;)

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
Get a room-sized air purifier; desktop units are not up to the task. My preference is for units by/using 3M Filtrete, as replacement filter costs can be significant. Expect to spend $100-150 for a reliable unit that will do the job. I have allergies so use 3M Filtrete filters in the furnace and have room-size units in bedrooms and office. Never a cloud in my office. My units have lasted over ten years with no maintenance other than filters, occasional cleaning, and some oil. Here’s an example of the units I am suggesting. This one handles room sizes up 10x17’. I am confident in this brand, though don’t have this unit. Look closely at filter replacement costs when buying. Not sure if you can find non-HEPA units, but HEPA is unnecessary and the filter costs are higher. You also don’t need activated charcoal; and steer well clear of ion filters (and anybody that sells them). GL

Last edited:

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
Since stealth vaping isn't your answer here's another simple solution. Get you a fan with enough CFM to vent the room quickly, a hepa filter say 12"x12", a cardboard box bigger than the filter, mounting bolts and nuts for fan and filter. Have the fan blowing in the box, thru and out the filter. this youtube will give you an idea how to MacGyver this. This guy is using a box fan you don't really need that much fan for a small room.

This may be all you need
https://www.amazon.com/AC-Infinity-...49987&sprefix=high+speed+muffi,aps,165&sr=8-3

Last edited:

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019
Hello!

I have a small office in my house in which I enjoy vaping a lot. But I need the vapor to dissipate more quickly than it does! If I open my office door and leave it open for less than a minute, the vapor comes out and sets off our smoke alarm which is attached to a service that dispatches fire response! Thankfully, I've been able to run downstairs to, hit the code and talk to the alarm company to stop the trucks from coming, but as one might imagine, this is not fun. And it's anxiety-provoking for me. Additionally, the vapor filling and remaining in the room is... unattractive for Skype meetings.

I would love a desktop exhaust of some kind that can dissipate the vapor at least a bit if I smoke into it. But here's the thing, it needs to not be a window exhaust. It's too cold in the winter to have that running in the window and in the summer, I have an A/C unit in the window. Smokeless ashtrays are meant to collect smoke off a burning cigarette and by my research do not pull exhaled smoke.

Any thoughts?
I use a small fan in my office/room & its a clip-on or i use my box fan some days, jus depends, if its toooo cool u can always turn it around to blow away from u to circulate/exhaust !
Lowe's, Wal-Mart & Home Depot all have fans, or u can install a ceiling fan !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread