Sore throat

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvadasz

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2014
Beverly Hills, Fl, USA
What I find to be hot or dry is when you are actually burning the wick (sometimes caused by too much wattage or voltage, not an issue for you though since your battery is not adjustable) My understanding of dripping is where you put 3-4 drops on top of a coil/wick and take 2-4 drags off of it, then re-drip. A pain in the neck for a cig smoker...too much trouble. So I think what is happening with you is you are running out of juice while you are vaping and burning your wick.

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
dragon welcome2.jpg
Hi sharwngs and welcome to the forum!

Yes, you drip onto the coil. Otherwise, if the coil isn't wet, you aren't producing vapor.

There are many reasons for throat irritation when vaping:

• Your body getting used to vaping.
    Vapor isn't like smoke. It has larger particles than smoke, and it could be your body getting used to the new sensation.
  • Getting dehydrated.
    Vaping actually draws water from your body to produce the vapor. It's therefore important to take in plenty of liquids while vaping. Some folks do water, some fruit juices, and some even put just a bit of apple cider vinegar into a glass of water. I do this myself sometimes - sounds yucky, but it actually helps your body to absorb the water, and if you use just a little bit of the vinegar, it's not bad.
  • The flavor of the juice.
    Flavors like cinnamon or menthol are natural irritants. That's why they work so well as an over-the-counter congestion relief remedy. Trying a milder flavor might help. (although cinnamon IS really tasty LOL!).
  • The nicotine content of the juice.
    Higher nicotine content causes a harsher vape (some call it "throat hit"). Try a couple of different juices with varying nicotine concentrations. It's a balancing act between getting enough nicotine to satisfy your cravings and not getting too much throat irritation.
  • The PG to VG ratio of the juice.
    The more PG, the more "throat hit" (and more flavor). The more VG in the mix, the less "throat hit", but less flavor, too. Again, play around with juices of different ratios.
  • Your vaping style.
    If you take short, hard draws, one right after the other, this can cause the coil to get quite hot and you'll get a harsher vape because of the heat. Try taking gentler, longer draws and see if that makes a difference.
  • The power setting of your device.
    Start with a low power setting, take a draw or two, then step the power up a bit. When you reach the point where the vape is harsh or the flavor starts to go away, back the power down a notch. Each different juice will have its own "sweet spot" regarding power.
  • The heat of the coil.
    I know when I first started vaping, I was doing it like smoking. Taking short, quick draws, one right after the other. This gets the coil very hot, cooks the juice and can get quite harsh.
  • Dry hits.
    This is when the wicking material can't keep up with how you are vaping. The coil gets dry and you get a nasty burnt taste. Give the wicking a few seconds between draws so that they can keep the coils wet.
Hope this helps and wasn't overwhelming.

Happy Vaping!

nvadasz

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2014
Beverly Hills, Fl, USA
Sounded to me like he was using his dripper wrong. Nothing worse than dry hits...I'm glad one of the experienced members stepped in before he/she burns their throat out. I still think for someone trying to get off analogs, a tank of any kind, even a clearo would be better than dripping:2c: Your welcome..told you here are your answers. Come back again

Last edited:

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
yeah guys! i dripped it onto the coil now. no throat irritation! thanks people!

Just curious, what kind of wicking material are you using, Sharwings? If it's genuine cotton, or Rayon and you got throat irritation, you my have scorched the wick which would then need to be replaced.

Glad you figured it out though. Gots to keep the wick & coil wet... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread