Special Product Announcement Here Later Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrena

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
Washington
lol...I have to shower and eat food, then will make announcement...so in a coupla hours or so! Just a hint its not an entirely new product but a bring-back of something that was very popular a few months back....it will be updated here
l.jpg

I want to see and CE in here somewhere......

Last edited:

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
groove.png

Several moons ago we introduced one of the most popular variable devices to hit the market since the dawn of such variable devices for the vaping world. This device had a bad or mediocre early review by a well respected reviewer. Chris and I believed in this product though and I created a video outlining my enthusiasm for the product. This soap shaped easy to hold, easy to adjust, easy to use with long unprecedented battery life stole the imagination of everyone and GotVapes led in rolling this item out.

However a few months later reports of the construction of this unit causing very hazardous shorts and possibly fire damage circulated through ECF as 'wildfire' - asking you to pardon the pun.

SMOKtech recalled this unit but GotVapes already had a shipment on order for the new Gun Metal finish of this product. We contacted the chief engineer and head of SMOKtech and asked them to cancel our order. He said not to worry they were fixing the issue and this order would be ok. We got this order in months ago but we had not been able or had time to thoroughly investigate if it indeed was safe. I sent one of these to our CS Manager, Max Wood, who happens to be a certified career electronics and electrical expert technician. I asked Max if he could disassemble and give us a full report. He said he would "think about it" - jk.

Max discovered that they had indeed done a bit of fixing. The problem was the center screws on the side of the unit were simply too long. The upper and lower screws did not have the issue. It appears, according to Max Wood, that they either shaved these screws or cut them so that they would no longer be in danger of piercing the insulating cover of the included and built-in 3800 mah battery. SMOKtech also went in and solidly glued down the battery to the back of the case so that it would not shift and re-engage those screws.

Bottom line, it looks like all is well. We have been testing with no incident.

We therefore are bringing back your Groove! This is a temporary run after which we cannot be sure if SMOKtech will bring these back online. So of course, what we have is limited in supply. We will only allow one per purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread