Squape R logoless clone review from Fasttech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Just recieved my Squape R clone from fasttech, the one without the logo. All I have to say, is it's not fully functional out of the box.

I recieved it Friday, and haven't been able to get it to work. the PMMA was loose in the atomizer, and it took me a while to realize what was going on. I was about to RMA it, but decided to fix it instead, since I've been looking for an updated version of the Squape for quite a while.

First, the "Emattle" type coating wasn't on the spare decks.. THAT I will try to RMA tomorrow. I dunno what they sent, but they were bad decks. The one installed works fine.

Second, the PMMA was loose. Turned out that only one of the O rings holding it in was in. I used the spare, and after 3 hours of fiddling, finally got it in.

Third, the 510 connector didn't have enough support, so I added another O ring from the bag to the 510.. it is sturdy now.

fourth, machine oil taste.. but that's expected.

Fifth, and last, there is quite a bit of whistle coming from the airflow. Will try and camber it tomorrow to fix it.

So, I'd not recommend it for a first time buyer, or someone not willing to fix the problems. I've seen on their discussion boards where others are having similar problems, so I'm not the only one. However, if you can get past these hurdles, it seems like it'll be a great atomizer. If it holds up for a month as my main atomizer, I might be buying more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread