Status
Not open for further replies.

RamShot Rowdy

Battery Police
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Oklahoma, USA
NO, NO, and some more NO! Please don't stack batteries, we were doing that 5 or 6 years ago before low resistance atomizers and rebuildables. Stacking batteries is generally considered very dangerous in a mech mod. Please just get a good battery and run a safe coil resistance.

Last edited:

astronomicals

Feb 5, 2015
This is how things explode. Rather than doing a proper search you start a new thread which further pollutes the forums with dupes of topics that have been beaten to death. If you're lucky you'll get advice from someone with no ....ing clue who tells you what you want to hear and next thing ya know ....s burning up or melting. This is why google is your friend. Google is there for you when idiots would have been there for you giving terrible ....ing advice.

Please come back and respond with, "I did it and nothing bad happened". That would make my day.

Gabriel Tron

Feb 10, 2015
So sorry to "pollute" the NEWCOMERS forum with an offhand question. With your vast and arrogant knowledge, maybe you would like to read other threads of not NEWCOMERS, as you get so aggressively annoyed. I can imagine the picnic it must be for people forced to tolerate your Ego regularly. You can be passive aggressive and talk down to me on this forum if that makes you feel better about yourself.

Everyone else, thank you. I DID NOT blow anything up, thank you for your concern. I hate to agree with Mr. Smartypants. Astroegomaniac guy, but I shouldn't have been doing that. I built the mods, but don't know how to stack the batteries. I'm a case of knowing just enough to get into trouble. Rest easy though, I shalt not attempt anything crazy.

Astro-
You are an angry person, you should be careful. It's not safe to be all angry and bitter about tiny things. I don't want/need any more replies from you, I like positive interactions with people that dot have a massive Superiority Complex. talk to ya never Natcissus.

This is how things explode. Rather than doing a proper search you start a new thread which further pollutes the forums with dupes of topics that have been beaten to death. If you're lucky you'll get advice from someone with no ....ing clue who tells you what you want to hear and next thing ya know ....s burning up or melting. This is why google is your friend. Google is there for you when idiots would have been there for you giving terrible ....ing advice.

Please come back and respond with, "I did it and nothing bad happened". That would make my day.

Zazoie

Jan 21, 2015
Hoth
Umm, I'm pretty sure that if I put 2 3.7V batteries together it doesn't double the available Voltage available. My limited understanding is that adding batteries increases available current and watts. If you wanted an 8.4V "hit" in would say get a 9V battery. Face!

he meant two batteries fresh off the charger into a mech would hit you for 4.2 x 2 = 8.4 is all

Bjorhyn

Verified Member
Oct 20, 2014
Colorado
Series vs. Parallel

You should read that.

You seem to have a lot of unnecessary hostility towards people trying to help. Your self claimed 'limited understanding' is exactly why folks are sayin' what they're sayin'.
I almost wish you learn a valuable lesson. Not so much at the cost of your face, but I'm not picky.

Umm, I'm pretty sure that if I put 2 3.7V batteries together it doesn't double the available Voltage available. My limited understanding is that adding batteries increases available current and watts. If you wanted an 8.4V "hit" in would say get a 9V battery. Face!

Last edited:

RamShot Rowdy

Battery Police
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Oklahoma, USA
Stacking to me, as we used the term 5 or 6 years ago, means putting the batteries in series. With two 3.7 volt batteries, which are 4.2 volts at maximum charge, you would get 8.4 volts to the atomizer (Not accounting for voltage drop.). That would be something like 141 watts if you screwed an Atlantis or Subtank on there, so a lot of power.

The main problem people experienced with stacked batteries in series was one battery discharging faster than the other. This could result in the device still producing enough power to vape while one of the batteries was below its minimum voltage. I'm not sure how modern batteries react to being over discharged, but back then it could cause them to become unstable and vent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread