Not open for further replies.

KY_Rob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Kentucky
Hello Everyone!

Where can one find drip tips of various shapes that are actually made out of stainless steel?

I've found some that said they were stainless, but are usually polished or plated aluminum. These look and function quite well, but I can taste the metal in the vapor :yuck:

I would think gods-honest stainless steel would not have this problem?

Thanks in advance for the replies :)

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
If someone is selling you aluminum drip tips as SS, that is fraud, and you need to bring it to their attention and demand they make it right. IF not, I would "out" them on the forum, because unfortunately, few hinkey drip tips isn't going to be worth taking legal action over...

Mawn & Company has some nice SS drip tips.
Stainless Steel Drip Tips

and I've bought few from IBTanked too, that were real SS:
Search

Although I've never bought a SS drip tip from madvapes, I HAVE bought ton of stuff from them, and they always hve good-quality stuff. I can't imagine them pawning off aluminum tips as SS...
Search results for: 'stainless steel drip'

KY_Rob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Kentucky
Fortunately, I've only bought one 'metal' drip tip, and it was said to be aluminum, and obviously was.

I've been to several B&M shops in the San Diego area this week, a few of which have tried passing off chromed aluminum as SS. I called them out on it, and they didn't realize there was a difference. I explained the chrome plating process vs actual SS, and then they understood...they didn't have a clue.

For what it's worth, I was a machinist years ago, and cut on plenty of 6061 aluminum and 316 SS. Now I'm just a lowly engineer :)

If someone is selling you aluminum drip tips as SS, that is fraud, and you need to bring it to their attention and demand they make it right. IF not, I would "out" them on the forum, because unfortunately, few hinkey drip tips isn't going to be worth taking legal action over...

Mawn & Company has some nice SS drip tips.
Stainless Steel Drip Tips

and I've bought few from IBTanked too, that were real SS:
Search

Although I've never bought a SS drip tip from madvapes, I HAVE bought ton of stuff from them, and they always hve good-quality stuff. I can't imagine them pawning off aluminum tips as SS...
Search results for: 'stainless steel drip'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread