Start mixing own juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimZet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2015
Hey all,

In my country we don't really have much a choice on e-liquids, plus its a little pricey.

So i found out that i can buy following things:
1 Liter VG
1 Liter PG
100 ML Unflavored base with nicotine ( 50% VG and 50% PG ONLY ) - Nic levels 6/12/18/24 mg
10 ml Flavorings of choice.

Now the thing is i'm getting too fast into all that and might buy things i don't need.

I want to do liquids that will keep nice flavor and create huge vapour (clouds).
Since clouds is all about the VG, and the only nicotine i can get is 50%/50% maybe i don't need PG at all?

For example if i'll get 100 ML Unflavored base with 24mg nicotine, i could use it pretty long time since i want only 3-6mg nicotine liquids right?
Like if i have the 1 Liter VG and 1 Liter PG is already 2 liters base +-.
There is where i add the nicotine liquid base into it, to get small amount of nic level in my mixture.
Dunno its all just messed up in my head.

Please make a small example of 100ml e-juice with good cloud production and nice flavor with 3mg nicotine +-. (For high Wattage vaping )
Please use ml and not percentages, this way i will understand better how it works.

Use these ingredients:
VG
PG
Nicotine 24mg base (50%PG/50%VG)
Apple Flavoring
( You can use any you want, i'll buy like 10 different flavorings anyways ).

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I think you'll find some PG, at least, is necessary for flavor. VG does not carry flavor well. Depending on your topper, you will also find high VG juices may not wick well. I usually mix mine between 40/60 and 30/70 PG/VG. But I build my own coils and wick rayon. One thing you are going to need I don't see on your list is something to measure with. This can be done by weight using a digital scale, or by volume. Common 10ml syringes work well for the latter in small volumes. I usually make my juice 500 or 1000 ml at a time, though, so I have some big graduates.

EDIT: Here's a different calculator I happen to like: Do It Yourself E-Liquid (E-Juice) Recipe Mixing Station!

JimZet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2015
Try this (~90% VG, 3.1mg nicotine):

VG: 83mL
PG: none
Nicotine 24mg base (50%PG/50%VG): 13mL
FlavourArt Fuji Apple: 4mL

+1 on the calculator, this one's web-based:
DIY e-juice | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators
Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Since suprtrkr said things about coils, hmm i plan to vape on Kanger NEBOX and wismec rx200 with TFV4 tank, with 30W-120W will this kind of juice work well for those?

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
Since suprtrkr said things about coils, hmm i plan to vape on Kanger NEBOX and wismec rx200 with TFV4 tank, will this kind of juice work well for those?

I'm going to say yes, with the disclaimers that I usually vape my liquids a bit thinner in stock tanks, and I haven't tried the TFV4. It's a very modern sub-ohm tank though, so I'd bet it's designed to handle the thick stuff. I've run 80VG in much lesser tank gear without trouble.

If it doesn't wick well enough for you, you can add miniscule amounts of distilled water to thin your batch to an acceptable viscosity.

Reactions: JimZet

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
Thank you, where do i get distilled water ? XD
Pharmacy or something?

There, or perhaps the grocery store. Here in the USA, grocery stores sell it by the gallon, usually right next to the big bottles of drinking water. It's useful for cleaning out coffee pots without leaving mineral deposits. Since you'll be using only drop-level amounts, I'd think filtered drinking water might do well enough, in a pinch.

JimZet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2015
Make sure the flavoring you buy do not contain oil (many flavorings used in baking/food available at grocery/candy stores do contain oil). In addition, they are not very concentrated.

What is the brand of flavorings you are buying?
I really have no idea, the only place i know of is the vape shop, it just says FW , IN and couple others
They'r like 4$ for each 10ml flavoring >.>
DIY E-Liquid :: תמציות להכנת נוזל לסיגריה אלקטרונית - 10 מ"ל - CIG

Last edited:

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
I really have no idea, the only place i know of is the vape shop, it just says FW , IN and couple others

I'm not sure of the others listed, but most of the flavorings are from Flavor West (FW) or Inawera (IN). Both of these companies are well-respected and often used among DIYers. I'd typically go with Inawera over Flavor West in most cases, if the same flavor is available from both companies, but that's just personal preference.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
They'r like 4$ for each 10ml flavoring >.>
Perfect!:)

FW = Flavor West
IN = Inawera

Below is the information I often give to members new to DIY.
Here are some threads you may like to read through for different flavoring companies. Many of the posts include recipes and comments about a specific flavor.
DIY Recipe Sites

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
i plan to vape on Kanger NEBOX and wismec rx200 with TFV4 tank, with 30W-120W will this kind of juice work well for those?
Might want to try the search function in upper right hand corner of this post. Could type in "max vg for TFV4 tank".
RE:
Tfv4 RBA question

Highly recommend the use of any calculator to double check your mixing. You will need to play around with them to see what works for you. I have confirmed man00ver's recipe and it checks our with my calculator.
With this calculator you can save all your recipes on line.

I like this online calculator. It works for me:
DIY E-Liquid Calculator Ten Flavors Plus PG/VG Adjusting

24mg Nicotine E-Liquid 12.5 ml 250 drops 12.5 %
Supplied 3mg Nicotine per ml to Recipe
PG 0.21 ml 4.2 drops 0.21 %
VG 83.29 ml 1665.8 drops 83.29 %
Water/Vodka/PGA 0 ml 0 drops 0 %
apple 4 ml 80 drops 4 %

Totals 100 ml 2000 drops 100 %
3 mg Nicotine per ml - 10.46%PG / 89.54%VG

so u might suggest me what to get
Highly recommend,get only the flavor(s) you need to make one or so recipes. Start out with 2-5 ml quantities and work up from there.
Suggest you read:
dannyv45's blog | E-Cigarette Forum
Hoosier's blog | E-Cigarette Forum
DIY | The Vapers Table
Sir2fyablyNutz Major DIY Info.
First DIY Order

Reactions: JimZet

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
Like @ddirtyvapes, I'm mostly familiar with the FW and INW flavoring. I prefer INW for fruit flavors, since they have good staying power and are more concentrated so you use less (try 3-4% for single-flavor mixes). That said, FW has a very good blueberry (5-7% single mixer). You'll probably want to get the FW Cotton Candy as a sweetener (it's pretty much ethyl maltol).

There are several "recipe-in-a-bottle" types on there, such as Banana Split and Bananas Foster, Kahlua & Cream, Strawberry Banana, Blueberry Graham Waffle, and suchlike. These can be very simple to mix and tasty when you're starting out. I'd start at 10% with most of those. Mix up a batch of unflavored e-liquid in your nicotine strength so you can dilute your mixes if they turn out too strong.

Things like creams, custards, caramels, marshmallow and graham cracker are very common components in a lot of recipes, and are good to have on hand, especially if you start to get confident and want more complexity in your flavors.

BTW: 100mL is a bit much for testing new flavors and recipes. Get some 10 or 15mL bottles!

Reactions: Yiana

JimZet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2015
Like @ddirtyvapes, I'm mostly familiar with the FW and INW flavoring. I prefer INW for fruit flavors, since they have good staying power and are more concentrated so you use less (try 3-4% for single-flavor mixes). That said, FW has a very good blueberry (5-7% single mixer). You'll probably want to get the FW Cotton Candy as a sweetener (it's pretty much ethyl maltol).

There are several "recipe-in-a-bottle" types on there, such as Banana Split and Bananas Foster, Kahlua & Cream, Strawberry Banana, Blueberry Graham Waffle, and suchlike. These can be very simple to mix and tasty when you're starting out. I'd start at 10% with most of those. Mix up a batch of unflavored e-liquid in your nicotine strength so you can dilute your mixes if they turn out too strong.

Things like creams, custards, caramels, marshmallow and graham cracker are very common components in a lot of recipes, and are good to have on hand, especially if you start to get confident and want more complexity in your flavors.

BTW: 100mL is a bit much for testing new flavors and recipes. Get some 10 or 15mL bottles!
Okay, thanks,

Well the 100ml part was just for those who give a mix example so i could understand proportions better.

Reactions: BrotherBob

JimZet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2015
Yay did my first juice,
at first tried to do 80VG/20PG juice with 3ml Nicotine,
so i kinda mixed it but i felt like it had a throat hit, and i wanted it to go smooth almost without throat hit.
So at end of all i dunno what juice i made, coz i started adding more VG and PG without ml control,
But i think its still 80/20, though the nic level is around 2mg.
Used 2 flavors, Mint and tutti frutti ( about 60-70 drops of TF and around 15 drops M )

Anyway, the taste is really nice, goes really smooth, and the clouds, oh man the clouds are amazing!!!!!

JimZet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2015
Oh man, tried to not use the temp control, used watts mode, tried on 40 watts , almost got a burned taste, so i lowered it down to 35, its perfect.

The flavor is AMAZING! Its very smooth, very rich, just amazing , i have nothing else to say, didnt try liquids better than this one yet :D yay 1st time doing it and the juice makes me speechless , its really good.

Reactions: man00ver
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread