Steeping CAN turn a bad flavor good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighlanderNorth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Mid Atlantic USA
With my original e-cig kit order, I also ordered gold label DIY concentrated flavors from Totally Wicked and one pre-mixed e-liquid. The order came in last Tuesday(9 days ago), and the weather was HOT outside, and the box sat in the UPS truck from 5:24am til 5:32pm when it was delivered, so the contents of the box were like 110 degrees F.....

So I thought going in to this e-cig thing that I would need HIGH nicotine ratio in my juices to quit smoking, but quickly discovered otherwise, but I had already ordered the TW tobacco e-liquid in "super high" nicotine with 36mg/ml! So I go to try out mixing the gold label flavors with nicotine liquid and diluent, but I noticed that the tobacco flavored ones I got had this nasty scent, and the same nasty flavor as well. It was unvape-able! So then I tried the pre-mixed tobacco flavored e-liquid(also totally wicked brand 36mg), and it had the same nasty scent and flavor to it.

So thats when I began setting out all the new flavors I kept getting onto my shelf to steep with the lids off, and shaking them every day. So after about 5 days, the nasty smell seemed to be diminishing in all the TW tobacco juices. But I now was getting so many new flavors that I didnt bother trying any of the TW juices out yet.

Well today, I took the 36mg/ml tobacco flavored juice off the shelf and smelled it and it smelled good. The nasty smell was completely gone. So I mixed it with some of the TW concentrated menthol(and I mean concentrated!) at 2 drops per ml of menthol(thats the high recommended ratio), and 25% additional PG and VG diluent. Then I cleaned out the atomizer and vaped it, and it tastes like tobacco and is very good! I just got 4 Halo juices in yesterday, and thought they were good to great, but this TW pre-mixed tobacco flavored is good to very good. Its kinda like the Torque 56 in that its not extremely complex, but its got a nice, quality tobacco flavor to it now. I even diluted it 25% with PG and VG to bring the super high nicotine down, but its still pretty strong tasting!

Now I will have to mix the TW Gold label concentrated flavors I have, like 2 bottles of menthol tobacco, and black currant menthol( I wont hold my breath with that one), and tropical tobacco(no breath holding there either). The plain raspberry flavored gold label juice still smells nasty though...Dont think thats changed.

But apparently some times you can convert a bad flavor to good by steeping. I'm now a believer, although I dont think it will be very common for bad flavors to become good..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread