Stopped by the police

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeall

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Canada
So today, I was stopped by the police ( directing traffic at an intersection ) and had my provari with tank sitting on the passenger seat. Cop notices it and says, ' is that a pipe you got there'? I look at it, kinda laugh, as I grab for it. I pick it up and tell him it's a vaporizer. I then go on to explain what it is and how it works. He just just kinda stood there and gave me a, 'hmph'. I showed him my bottle of juice, the battery, the tank,etc. I jokingly offered to him if he wanted to try a 'puff ', but he smiled and said no thanks. We chatted for a min and I drove off.

He seemed interested in it and I can guarantee that he wanted to try it, but being a cop and all, he just couldn't do it. I told him to check out this website and see what the vape world consists of.

So, if you're reading this, constable whatever your name is....

It's not a pipe.:vapor:

djezewski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Wayland, New York, United States
Yeah, I have trooper that moved next door so she may have seen me use it without me knowing. She is not however the chatty type. She is only in her 30's so I am sure she would be familiar with them. Not sure how some much the older ones would know about them...small rural village.

Intervap

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2013
Port Huron, Mi
I've been waiting for this to happen to me. If I see a cop I will often tone down the vaping since I know it doesn't look very legal :laugh:
Plus police officers always seem to want to be in my business, but I always keep a stack of business cards of different vendors to give to intrigued smokers, or to get me out of a possibly sticky situation :unsure:

Nacon

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2010
Long Island, NY
From experience I can tell you that it's not as awkward as getting pulled over for Bali shag rolling tobacco. Difference mainly being that they'll come full force for the rollies and be more curious with a PV.

Still though in the end it'll always depend on the cop you're dealing with especially now with the G and other namebrand ripoffs popping up everywhere marketed for stuff other than e-liquid. Having a bottle on hand with ingredients helps with that.

Vedra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2011
California
I see cops at our local B&M stores often. Maybe being in California makes a difference, but I like to think that cops are looking for ways to quit smoking just like everybody else. The seal is broken, it's just a question of getting as many people as possible switched before the government can start moving to support their tobacco cronies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread