strange kick in the throat

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraceKira

Dec 19, 2015
Dear all i have an issue. I dont know what is the reason

I have a kangertech mini + atlantis V2 0.5 ohm , 25W
I use nicotine 18 mg/ml concentration
When i vape i get a spicy hit in the back of the throat, like pepper. It is verry annoying
Is there something wrong with my kit ? I changed a lot of atomizers and i get the same HIT -_-

Reactions: FringeChief68

Larry J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2014
Amarillo, Texas
Sounds like the nic. Some brands of nicotine have a peppery taste. Have you changed juices lately? Have you changed the amount of nic in your juice lately? Or - it's possible that your juice maker has changed brands of nicotine that they use in their mixes. You might consider going down to a lower nic concentration in your juice and see if that helps.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Dear all i have an issue. I dont know what is the reason

I have a kangertech mini + atlantis V2 0.5 ohm , 25W
I use nicotine 18 mg/ml concentration
When i vape i get a spicy hit in the back of the throat, like pepper. It is verry annoying
Is there something wrong with my kit ? I changed a lot of atomizers and i get the same HIT -_-

for 25 watts you want more like 4 to 8 mg, not 18mg.

For 18mg, you'd want more like 5 to 10 watts

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
I would definitely say it's too high of nicotine with the gear you are using. Most people who use sub ohm gear vape under 6 mg, and I would say the largest part are 3 mg or less.

Buy some juice in a zero nic of the same flavor. Combine 1 part zero and 1 part 18 (equally) will give you a 9 mg juice. Two parts of zero nic and 1 part of 18 nic will yield a 6 mg juice.

Hokabe

Feb 27, 2016
ND, USA
I would definitely say it's too high of nicotine with the gear you are using. Most people who use sub ohm gear vape under 6 mg, and I would say the largest part are 3 mg or less.
Buy some juice in a zero nic of the same flavor. Combine 1 part zero and 1 part 18 (equally) will give you a 9 mg juice. Two parts of zero nic and 1 part of 18 nic will yield a 6 mg juice.
Are sub ohms a fairly new thing (or gaining popularity suddenly?) This would explain why the place I get my juice from now has a 1.5mg option, where before the lowest was 3. I've been at 3 for a long time and may go lower now that it's an option!

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Are sub ohms a fairly new thing (or gaining popularity suddenly?) This would explain why the place I get my juice from now has a 1.5mg option, where before the lowest was 3. I've been at 3 for a long time and may go lower now that it's an option!
The Sub Ohm started gaining great popularity about 18 months ago as gear greatly improved. Move to the 1.5 in nic, it doesn't hurt a bit. I've been at zero nic for over a month now and still enjoy the vape.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas

The popularity of subohming really blew up in the past year as cheap, high powered regulated mods became available.

Before about 18 months ago the only way to subohm was with a mech mod and an RDA. About 2 years ago the first DNA mods that really delivered the power for subohming started coming out, but they were expensive and still required an RDA for subohm builds. Around 18 months ago you started seeing cheaper Chinese clones of DNA mods and the first subohm capable tanks hitting the market. It was around a year ago that people started having the option of cheap regulated mods and a decent selection of retail tanks made for subohming, and that's when the popularity really took off.

Reactions: Hokabe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread