Status
Not open for further replies.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
smoktek and other manufacturers make locking carto-tanks, but you won't find many carto-users using them. I personally can't stand them. They're made of polycarbonate last time I was always around people using them, so they will crack with certain juices, like cinnamon and citrusy flavors.

I mainly use DCT polypropylene smoktek tanks. I haven't had a tank slip on me. My girlfriend pulled my tank off one time. I'm pretty mindful that there is a possibility of it getting pulled off. A good o-ring on your drip tip should hold the tank down enough when it gets pulled on a bit. My PV actually made its first debut of hitting the driveway last night. If I had one of my pyrex tanks on it, I would be picking up more than just a single object.

If you have a battery or PV that has ego threads, you need a skirt/collar or beauty ring. It will keep the gap closed to help prevent getting caught on something.

HughDaHand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2012
Swartz Creek, MI
$5.73 Pyrex Glass DCT Tank Atomizer (3.0mL) - silver / 1.5 ± 0.2

I have been using these for a few months now and they keep a death grip on both smok and boge cartos. I can take my vamo with an 18650 in it and shake it fairly violently and the tank doesn't slip at all. They have also survived several drops onto concrete that I thought for sure would have broken the glass tank, one was about a 5 foot drop off of a work table in the garage. They are amazing for the price, only problem I have with them is the fixed end caps. I originally bought them as an intro into carto tanks and never really felt the need to upgrade.

Dark passenger

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2013
Alexandria, IN, USA
I have a sidewinder carto tank from valley view vapes and it was an excellent tank when i used to use cartos all the time...never had problems with it and it was veryyy thick glass, has a side fill hole in the glass too that never leaked and made an awesome way to fill the carto with juice if i pulled it out slightly...lots of colors and options...

Recon Number 54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
McKinney, TX
I personally LOVE the Artemas/UDCT tank. I have both the Smok DCT and the UDCT tanks.
You can take a quick look at them here: UDCT (Artemas) Tank Quick Look - YouTube
Hope this helps a little!
If Smok either adds a locking collar to their Pyrex line or adds a Pyrex option to their locking tanks, I would probably rotate out my existing Pyrex tanks to either (especially if they keep the pricing in the existing range).

For some, the Smok's biggest drawback is that their endcaps (and as a result, their o-rings) are permanently fixed to the tank. If they were more costly, I would find that combination to be a deal-killer.

Sooner or later, as the various features and consumer demand settle out, I suspect that someone will be making a "more perfect carto-tank" with all of the optimal features and offer it at a price point that makes everyone happy. Until then, I'm settling for "almost, but not quite right" for me.

Daryl Glen

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2013
Titusville, FL, USA
www.youtube.com
If Smok either adds a locking collar to their Pyrex line or adds a Pyrex option to their locking tanks, I would probably rotate out my existing Pyrex tanks to either (especially if they keep the pricing in the existing range).

For some, the Smok's biggest drawback is that their endcaps (and as a result, their o-rings) are permanently fixed to the tank. If they were more costly, I would find that combination to be a deal-killer.

Sooner or later, as the various features and consumer demand settle out, I suspect that someone will be making a "more perfect carto-tank" with all of the optimal features and offer it at a price point that makes everyone happy. Until then, I'm settling for "almost, but not quite right" for me.

I agree! I have a mixture of vivi nova tanks, Aro tanks, and DCT tanks that I rotate, so I don't wear one down too quickly. I've found that by doing this, I extend the life of not only my tanks, but my taste buds as well. I'm always giving them something different to make things interesting. But that's just me. :)

Daryl Glen

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2013
Titusville, FL, USA
www.youtube.com
I like my AGR, but no pyrex. I'm afraid of tanks that don't lock.

It is cheap. Besides the poly tank, my only misgiving is that it has a tendency to flood when you fill it via the fill port. I typically remove the fill screw and then the whole top and fill it that way. It seems to prevent it from flooding.

I am going to add the AGR to my inventory in the next few weeks. Would you say it is worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread