Suggestions for a good charger and batteries for Provari Mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kateress

May 25, 2014
Flint, MI
After tons of discussion and research, I think I'm gonna take the big leap and get a provari mini for my first mod. I'm scared, but after thinking a lot about it, I have not heard one bad thing about them (aside from the high cost to buy). I'd rather have something that isn't going to break down on me or cause problems. I'm a big fan of dependable. I'm in the process of saving up for one.

I've been told not to get it in a starter kit because the charger and batteries are junk. (Well people didn't say with the provari mini in particular, just any starter kit in general). So can someone recommend a good charger and batteries and an online vendor that supplies them? Thanks in advance, I'd have spent a ton of money on junky crap already if it wasn't for you all!

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
NITECORE i4 charger and aw imr 18350's from rtdvapor.com :)

Ditto on these suggestions. The Xtar is a good charger also.

You won't be sorry buying a ProVari .. I have both reg and mini.
If you look in the "Blems" section of their website, you can save some money, and you won't be able to find the "blem"
I looked at that section the other day, and they had a pretty good selection on mini's.
Some day's there isn't much selection, so you just have to keep an eye out for what you want.
They move out pretty fast.

The Vamo is a very good mod also, if you want to add some backups that are much more affordable.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
You're getting good tips!
The Blems (under "clearance") are a good idea - many people say they can't find the blemish, or when they do, it's taken a long VERY close look to find.
The Starte kit is NOT a bad deal, like many "kits" are.
But you CAN beat the pricing a little by shopping around.

I got a NiteCore on Amazon somewhere, and it's performed flawlessly for over a year.
I recommend you stick with the ProVape recommendation to use AW IMR batteries.
You can get those from ProVape, or from RTD Vapor, or from NiteMods.com, WonderLite: Your Source for Bright Custom-Built High Quality Rechargeable LED Flashlights, Flashlight Parts, Accessories and Rechargeable Batteries (he also has a thread here on ECF where you can order by PM). Do NOT buy batteries on Ebay - there are a ton of fake AW batteries...

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Provari is designed to accept only button top, IMR batteries. Flat top batteries will not work in a Provari, and using magnets to allow flat-tops to work will void the warranty with Provape - that's an unsafe battery practice. Provape strongly recommends using only AW brand after extensive testing of all the battery manufacturers' offerings.

Question for the Tech Engineers at Provape

You can get a starter kit from Provape and possibly save $$ because of the free shipping of orders over $100. Or, you can order from someplace like RTD Vapor, get exactly the charger you want and get the batteries for cheaper, but pay a low S&H fee.

The Tenergy charger that Provape sells is ok, but you could do better with a Pila, Xtar, or Nitecore charger from RTD. Realize that AW batteries are the most counterfeited batteries in the world and places like Amazon and EBay often sell fakes. Provape and RTD are authorized dealers of authentic AW brand batteries.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-sure-your-aw-batteries-genuine-how-tell.html

Last edited:

pfaber11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
england
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Off topic and not germane to the discussion

Dampmaskin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member