T3 leaking fixed / resolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
If you bought a t3 and thought it was no good, and wonder how people think its great, your not alone. This may be the fix.

I purchased my first t3 filled it, awesome vape for 4 hits and then started gurgling, vaping poorly, muted flavor, and then leaking onto battery. All in my first vaping session. Then later leaked nearly all my juice. I was getting lots of juice in my mouth. After reading lots on here,trying things, and rebuilding to no avail I had given up on it. Still gurgling loosing juice on battery and out mouthpiece after a few pulls. Could not hold horizontal or mouthful. And yes all basics were in place. Using 100% vg. Real t3 brand new.

Long story short here.. When I put some juice in it I blew through the open end to clear the tube. And a lot of fluid came out the mouthpiece, more than could have been in the tube. Kept blowing through it and more juice came out and i know there was none in the tube.

*It has to be the top seal at the mouthpiece causing all my probs and rendering my t3 to be unusable.*

*So the fix is to taper/ flare the inner tube in the mouthpiece so it seals. First I checked alignment of the tube on the coil seal seat it was a little crooked got it straight with small screwdriver to tweak it. Tightened t3 all the way

* Used a small pair of scissors that fit in metal tube, pushed and Turned it to flare the tube out making a tighter fit on the top seal. Anything similar to flare the tube will work .. There will be metal shavings don't worry.

Filled it and totally muted flavor but no leak! Coil was full of crud from maybe .2 ml vaped before. Cleaned coil and wicks. Put in a ml and vaped it.. good flavor awesome vapor wow!!! Better than cartos! And no leaking, 3 days now and it's unbelievable. Hits so good I'm getting nic'd out. Biggest clouds I have seen. (this was with cotton wicks more vapor than silica I tried both , with notched cup seal also overwick 2 silica one 2 ml cotton) stock setup good but not as much vapor as this config stock is fine though)

*So the issue seems mouthpiece/ top tank seal is not consistent from factory.

I think The tank works like a straw to keep fluid from leaking out bottom. Any break of top seal will cause flooding/ poor vapes. It can also cause a quasi reverse wicking if really bad, cause you to pull through the tank a little. ie. flooding and dry hits. Muting flav and gunking coil.

I am back to stock setup and This thing hits incredibly now. Perfect little air bubble about every 3-4 full vapes. Now this is great. No leaking no drinking. Temp changes don't seem to make it leak. I think the temp problem is from the metal shrinking and loosing seal. I only had a tiny bit of leakage when at the .6 mark which is inherent of the device I believe.

You cannot draw too hard on the t3 either or you may get a little gurgle , holding horizontal a few vapes clears it up. The really nice thing about t3 is you don't have to suck hard like a ce4. Works best with slow draw. Any muted flavor is due to gunked coil/ wicks, hot water rinse works well.

Now all I need for a day is a full t3 and me. No clutter
Please keep posts on subject*

Last edited:

learman96

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
Wayne, PA
I'm glad u fixed your problem, they are a great vape. First thing I do with a new coil is remove the post and take out one of the 2 wicks sitting on top of the coil, the difference is night & day in terms of flavor and wicking ( and I'm using 70/30 pg/vg ). I also lift that little plastic cup just a tad higher so It's not touching the coil wicks, seems to help with wicking also. Every re-fill, I blow from the batt end and stick some tissue into the mouthpiece to get any little bit of liquid that might be there. Coild last forever it seems, will try rebuilding soon.

orbach

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2012
Florida
Yes, sorry. It basically works the same as coiling a regular wick, except you use cotton wick, as in candle wick, or some other cotton material (some have used 100% cotton makeup pads). I would imagine candle wick would be the easiest to use. One difference is you can't dry burn cotton wicks. Pretty much everything else is the same.

Could you share?

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
What results are obtained from this?

It tightend the top fixed seal. This stops leaking if you get a brand new t3 that shows a bad top tank/mouthpiece seal. you can tell if you can blow lots of Juice out the mouthpiece end with atty off. it probably leaks horribly, dumps juice onto battery and or mouthpiece, hits badly, and seems like a juice straw.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
Thanks for the video Jeremy, I didn't understand what you were saying in your first post. I'm still using my original tank, and though I haven't has any significant leaking, this could come in handy at some point.

You are right that an air leak in the mouthpiece could cause too much liquid to wick to the coil. I've had that happen with CE3s.

J.R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread