Tame the Wild PS USB Pass Through !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StratOvation

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Michigan, USA
As everyone who owns one knows... The PureSmoker USB PT is built like a tank! Great for Us customers who have been searching for a PT capable of lasting a good while and still perform well.

The single greatest challenge I've dealt with since getting my PS PT is Managing the Monster cable it is built with. I had reached a point where I noticed it was difficult to just put the PT down without contimplating if it would saty put on my desk, Living room end table or center console of the vehicle.

I began a search for some sort of a tension clip that I could simply snap the PT into without worrying if it would stay there.... Here is what I found..

stratovation-albums-album-one-picture1965-pt-clip-pkging.jpg

It was hanging on a hook at the local West Marine store. Two in a pack for $4. I picked up a couple packs and headed home to mount my new PT "Desk Holster"! Added a couple small wood screws and 5 minutes later...

stratovation-albums-album-one-picture1964-pt-mounting-clip-1.jpg

This little "Desk Holster" works Friggin Great! Problem solved for a couple bucks and 5 minutes of my time.
I also picked up a package of heavy duty suction cups that I plan to mount these little clips on to make the PT Holder mobile. A little 3M mounting tape would work great to mount these little suckers anywhere ya wanted!

BTW... Another online source for these little gems is here... http://www.zero-error.com/hardware.htm

Just scroll to bottom of page under Misc. Hardware section... Ya want the 3/4" size.

http://www.zero-error.com/hardware/miscellaneous/mis040-pc75b.jpg

Mike

Last edited:

RazorNribbonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Trapped within my imagination
Hi Strat, awhile back I had bought these things at office depot.. I'd seen someone post about them, using them to hold their e-cigs... They are actually pen holders...They have a peel and stick back..Your pen snaps in...They work beautifully for holding an e-cig....
I have one on the side of my hard drive right beside me...After reading this thread I tried my PT in it.. It snaps in it and holds perfectly...The prodigy- not so much, too fat lol...

I'm still looking for the package to get the name off of it (they came in - 2 or 4 in a pack)..I'll post it If I find it..

Last edited:

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
Hi Strat, awhile back I had bought these things at office depot.. I'd seen someone post about them, using them to hold their e-cigs... They are actually pen holders...They have a peel and stick back..Your pen snaps in...They work beautifully for holding an e-cig....
I have one on the side of my hard drive right beside me...After reading this thread I tried my PT in it.. It snaps in it and holds perfectly...The prodigy- not so much, too fat lol...

I'm still looking for the package to get the name off of it (they came in - 2 or 4 in a pack)..I'll post it If I find it..

Those are Duck brand "Grippers" and they are great.

Applejackson

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Albany, NY
BTW... Another online source for these little gems is here... Zero Error Racing, Inc.- Hardware for use on Quarter Midget, Jr. Dragster, Soap Box Derby race cars.

Just scroll to bottom of page under Misc. Hardware section... Ya want the 3/4" size.

http://www.zero-error.com/hardware/miscellaneous/mis040-pc75b.jpg

Mike

This is a great idea and just what I'm looking for, so they should be easier to find now, but that online source charges $15.00 for shipping on a $1.80 item. Haha.

StratOvation

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Michigan, USA
This is a great idea and just what I'm looking for, so they should be easier to find now, but that online source charges $15.00 for shipping on a $1.80 item. Haha.

According to RNR and Vapnaway the Duck Brand pen "Grippers" work good and are available at many office supply stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread