TC Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TronCat

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2015
Canada
I’m new to temp control, just built my first successful SS316L mesh coil on the Vandy vape mesh rda. Coefficient set at 0.00092, reading at 0.19 ohms initially on the smok T-Priv, I’m running at 215C (which is about 420F), playing around with the watts for best flavour, 90 seems too high but anything under 85 feels too weak. Any pointers?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Stick at 85? You've got pretty low resistance there, so it seems like you've hit your sweet spot around 85, which shouldn't be an issue if your TC is working normally, which it sounds like it is.

Best of luck, but it sounds like you've got an acceptable set of paramaters going on, and you're going to know what seems to work best for your build....

Anna

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I'm not familiar with how mesh the way they have it set up should behave, but there are two things that might help. First, raise the temperature some more (225C 450F?) and see what wattage allows the mods to reach that temp. The other is in general, Smok is really lousy at temp control. I hope you get it worked out. That mesh design does seem cool.

Sethyballz

Oct 26, 2017
It's the VV mesh. What ohms are you reading? Mines actually at .215, so it was probably warm when I turned on my vape and got set at .256.

You probably just want a bigger coil, in theory you could also reduce the width of the mesh. Both of these things would increase your resistance.

I'm running 70W at 380F now. Using F instead of C gives you more control because 1 degree F is smaller than 1 degree C, so adjustment is more precise.

TronCat

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2015
Canada
It's the VV mesh. What ohms are you reading? Mines actually at .215, so it was probably warm when I turned on my vape and got set at .256.

You probably just want a bigger coil, in theory you could also reduce the width of the mesh. Both of these things would increase your resistance.

I'm running 70W at 380F now. Using F instead of C gives you more control because 1 degree F is smaller than 1 degree C, so adjustment is more precise.
initially, reading at 0.16. running 85w at 420F, didnt work to well. now trying a 0.21 at 75 - 420, i like a kick to my vape

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread