Teeth Pain from Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
I have experienced something very similar, I don't really blame it on the vaping though. This seems to be the most likely cause to me after a lot of trial and error trying to figure out what's causing it. If my teeth begin to get sensitive I take a swig of water and swish it around my mouth, sensitivity gone. I really do think it has something to do with the vapor drawing out the moisture in your mouth. You may be ultra hydrated throughout the day but if you're not keeping your mouth hydrated while you're vaping it'll get dry quicker than you think.

I literally take a swig of water every 5min AT LEAST. Not even slightly exaggerating. If you ask anybody I know they will tell you that I probably have OCD for water. I am never, EVER, without water and it is not helping with the teeth pain issue. Thanks for the post though...

I also keep a 3 gallon jug of water in my room so I never have to get up to constantly get water, that is how much I drink. That jug usually lasts me 2-3 days.

Reactions: ktcmojo

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
Seriously man, go see a professional. You've already stated that you have a history with receding gums. That typically means pariodontal disease to some degree or another.

I go to my dentist and my pariodontist twice a year and together they keep it in check. No big deal.

I guess that is what I will do if it does not go away in the next couple of days.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
A tight draw definately doesn't help!! What are you using.. Ce4? I hate tight draws that may be part of it.. But if you got cash or coverage go ahead and go to doctor.. They may find you have a prexitsting problem that your now feeling with the combination of no smoking, ry4, vapor,& tight draw.. But I still think you have to make it through the transition regardless. Loosen your draw get off the ry4 swish with something call me back in 3 weeks... That's my experience.. Seems it pretty standard to cry doctor around here.. Its up to you.. But I'm telling you it was really bad for me for 3-4weeks, then gone for good. Right when I thought it wasn't going away.. It did.

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
A tight draw definately doesn't help!! What are you using.. Ce4? I hate tight draws that may be part of it.. But if you got cash or coverage go ahead and go to doctor.. They may find you have a prexitsting problem that your now feeling with the combination of no smoking, ry4, vapor,& tight draw.. But I still think you have to make it through the transition regardless. Loosen your draw get off the ry4 swish with something call me back in 3 weeks... That's my experience.. Seems it pretty standard to cry doctor around here.. Its up to you.. But I'm telling you it was really bad for me for 3-4weeks, then gone for good. Right when I thought it wasn't going away.. It did.

I am actually using an Aerotank so I have the ability to open up to an airy-draw. Unfortunately the pain is just lingering around from that severe episode yesterday so no real way to tell if it is helping.

So you're saying that you had a similar problem and it went away 3-4 weeks after you stopped smoking or am I misunderstanding?

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
This happened to me the first week of vaping, i was thinking oh no back to the Dr, but its gone now so i don't know just weird that you mentioned about the same thing that i was going thru. hope yours goes away, tooth pain is the worst!

Was it actually the same pain though? Like the feeling of immense inward pressure on your teeth? I am really hoping it goes away and isn't here to stay until I get my teeth pulled or something :unsure:

Lowry

Nov 13, 2013
Virginia
For me, there were some serious side-effects when I switched, all are well documented on the internet with a simple search. Secondly, I think that vaporizing sucralose could be similar to eating massive amounts of candy, I have no scientific approach here, but I would imagine that even though you aren't eating it, there is still a film attaching to the teeth.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I am actually using an Aerotank so I have the ability to open up to an airy-draw. Unfortunately the pain is just lingering around from that severe episode yesterday so no real way to tell if it is helping.

So you're saying that you had a similar problem and it went away 3-4 weeks after you stopped smoking or am I misunderstanding?

The problem lasted 3-4 weeks. I know it was 3 weeks for sure and at Some point just after the 3rd week it vanished. I didn't get it till about a month in or so, I had quit cigs cold turkey as soon as I pick up the vape. As soon as I hit a sweet vape it really triggered it; full on. All I know was it was some terrible tooth aches. I could possibly describe it like your saying. It was nothing I really ever had before.. I could say it was like a pressure or something. The more I think about it the more Similar it sounds to your magnet description.

Hope you have something other than ry4 !!!! You should try unflavored, it's really actually good above 12mg. At least to give yourself a break and hopefully relive the pain so you can vape
More.

Last edited:

FatherTime

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2014
United States
I know what you're talking about. More often than not I get just an uncomfortable tension in my teeth with hot spots on the top surfaces and around any dental work. I think it is more related to jawing in my sleep as it doesn't happen all the time or everyday, just some. Jaw clenching and teeth grinding can be a normal experience in withdrawl. I definitely notice a lot more mouth and respiratory issues with dehydration though. I normally drink a lot of water every day, but now I've upped it even more and I feel fine.

what this guy said. withdrawal = stress

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I have been having strange feelings in my teeth for at least a few years. My dumb ... dentist said I had a cavity in my tooth which had absolutely NO pain and wound up drilling out 1/2 of my tooth because "the cavity was deep in there" and replaced it with one of those damn metal fillings which are 50% mercury (from what I remember) and I have just been having problems ever since. I will probably never trust a dentist again in my life. If it wasn't for these fillings I would have no pain in my mouth at all.

I am also starting to wonder if the filling is so big that it is actually expanding from moisture in the air. I have noticed that I usually only have problems with teeth pain when it is going to rain and I heard that the way people with metal implants can tell when it is going to rain is because the metal expands from the moisture in the air before a storm. I remember back in high school if it was raining on the bus ride into school my teeth would hurt, but never as bad as they did yesterday. That was just unreal, I felt like I was dreaming because of the shock of that pressure in my mouth.

I feel you man I have a number or mercury fillings. I've had a couple replaced with the new safer white filling but still lots of metal. I can say it possibly could have something to do with the fillings. Who knows how they react to this. I don't trust regular dentists either, I've had enough fluoride & mercury in my life.

I didn't see it mentioned what type of juice do you use pg/vg?

gin828

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
PA, USA
When you vape are you biting down on your drip tip or pressing it against your teeth? My friend use to do that all the time and complain about his teeth hurting. Finally his dentist told him to quit chewing on pens cause it was moving his teeth just like braces do. Little did the dentist know it was from vaping.

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
The problem lasted 3-4 weeks. I know it was 3 weeks for sure and at Some point just after the 3rd week it vanished. I didn't get it till about a month in or so, I had quit cigs cold turkey as soon as I pick up the vape. As soon as I hit a sweet vape it really triggered it; full on. All I know was it was some terrible tooth aches. I could possibly describe it like your saying. It was nothing I really ever had before.. I could say it was like a pressure or something. The more I think about it the more Similar it sounds to your magnet description.

Hope you have something other than ry4 !!!! You should try unflavored, it's really actually good above 12mg. At least to give yourself a break and hopefully relive the pain so you can vape
More.

The problem is that Halo's RY4 (called Tribeca) is just so damn good that I literally like can't stop vaping it. I am sitting here in pain right now and just don't want to stop vaping it lol. I think it may just be this juice doing something with my sinuses. I think I will run to my local B&M tonight and try something new and see if it helps...

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
I feel you man I have a number or mercury fillings. I've had a couple replaced with the new safer white filling but still lots of metal. I can say it possibly could have something to do with the fillings. Who knows how they react to this. I don't trust regular dentists either, I've had enough fluoride & mercury in my life.

I didn't see it mentioned what type of juice do you use pg/vg?

My current ADV is a Halo juice and they do not disclose their PG/VG ratio so I am unsure. Many of my juices are high PG though so that is what I typically vape on the side, but again, I don't know what my ADV base consists of....

Noddy1

Aug 30, 2012
DC
Maybe it's sinus related? The sinus cavities extend to near your gums and problems with them can cause tooth pain. Sometimes when I fly (pressure changes), or have other sinus-related issues such as dryness/allergies, my teeth will hurt and also be sensitive to hot or cold, particularly in the "corners". I think vaping can be kind of hard on the sinuses if you aren't careful. Just a guess.

I haven't read the whole thread so sorry if this has already been mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread