Testing some mech clones

Status
Not open for further replies.

dab121

May 27, 2014
United States
So I recently got into mechs and have become pretty obsessed. So far I've purchased....

Hcigar SS Nemesis - Amazing quality production: Threads are smooth as butter, adjustment pins means it fits any battery/atty.
Most noticeable voltage drop without testing, replacing stock contacts with pure copper helped but not much. I got magnets but never installed because after a good cleaning and some adjustment the switch was perfect for me, and heavy enough to never misfire with the stock spring.

fasttech SS Caravela - Quality was solid, but only came with a 18650 tube with claims to fit 18350. The switch and contacts were of questionable quality, but worked solidly. Voltage drop was actually seemingly lower then the SS nemmy but the battery fit was inherently tighter then I'd like which could have been improving contact at the cost of increased wear. Only owned for a short time because it only fit some batteries and atties due to lack of adjustment. Still, for the price, it was well made.

Hcigar Brass Caravela - I really like the three tubes for three batteries, rather then multiple small pieces to puzzle together. Doesn't seem to fit a kick as easily as the Nemmy/Vela. Still not much adjustment, but more then the FT version. The quality on the finish and threads is much better, but not nearly as clean as the SS nemmy (which seems to be the overall best quality work). Easily the best switch of the group, smoother then the nemmy without being as easy to misfire as the Ray. Packs a solid punch, more then the SS mods, a bit less then the Ray. Worked great out of the box, no need for cleaning (I still did after messing around a bit of course). Also has the best safety mechanism, well all Velas are pretty cool like that.

Red Copper Stingray - First off, I love the finish. Looked amazing when it arrived and even better after handling it quite a bit (I love the copper patina look). Packs a major punch and the switch is amazing while in use. The only issue I have is that it has the same annoying safety as the nemmy, but you actually have to use it ALL the time because it lacks the solid switch of the nemmy (with the stock spring I can stand it up without safety and it won't ever fire). I find myself unable to pocket or put it down without the safety on. Very easy to scratch as well, not a daily driver.

A good friend just grabbed a FT King mod so I'll get to try that soon.

Looking for suggestions on what to try next, I'm not trying to burn money but don't mind spending the cash I would have spent on ciggs on mods. Also people always end up buying my .... off me after I use it for a bit because they don't want to wait for shipping times after being blown away using em. So value is important, but price is not inherently important. Not looking for real mods, that what I mean by value, I enjoy getting a new mod each week for the same cost as 1 or 2 real mods. So heres what I'm thinking, input or additional suggestions are welcome...

Copper or Brass Hcigar Nemesis Clone
Some form of Maraxus clone
Hcigar Hammer Clone
Hcigar Kylin

dab121

May 27, 2014
United States
just type in 18650 4nine mod in there search box for that one

My issue was that I kept looking for 49 all numerals, once someone said 4nine I found it.

From over messing with the three I have, it would be cool to find something with the build quality and pins as adjustable as the Hcigar Nemmy but looks and switch of the infinite stingray. Maybe I should just grab a copper or brass nemmy and throw magnets in the switch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread