TFA Cheesecake (Graham Crust) is SO strong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cicatrize

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
Michigan
I've been trying to make a nice strawberry cheesecake recipe with TFA Cheesecake (GC) and Strawberry (Ripe), but the GC flavor just overpowers everything. I have looked up recipes for it and people are using 8-10% strawberry (ripe) and 5-6% Cheesecake (GC), but it just doesn't make sense.

I mixed 10% strawberry ripe with 1% Cheesecake (GC) and the graham crust is STILL overpowering the strawberry a bit. What's the deal? Did I get a bad batch? Don't get me wrong, this mix is pretty delicious, but I need less of that crust taste.

Is my batch weird, or have any of you experienced this with that flavor as well?

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
My source: Mix Range: 2-4% for folks with sensitive taste buds.
reviews:" As long as it's used correctly. All lending it's rich, thick, and creamy profiles to the entire recipe. Unfortunately, it's not good enough to be a solo. There's not enough rich vanilla or flavor to really want to use as solo, also too much concentration will really bring out that odd coconut flavor. Which sounds like it would be good, but the coconut isn't fully fleshed out. In all the flavor is a great support."
My take: Filled under bakery flavor. More of a crust than cheesecake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread