Thank you Jesus (and MadVapes) for my 5v 510 passthru

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdg

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2009
Eastern South Dakota
I got my 5V 510 passthru last week, and it rocked from the word go. It made clouds from an old atomizer that had long given up its clouds for puffs. Unfortunately, most of my hardware wasn't prepared for how hard the passthru rocked, and I was stuck running it off my girlfriend's cable box and my desktop PC at work. It really does need about 2 amps to run. Then I ordered the wall-to-USB adapter, though, and we're good to go!
The adapter itself appears to be very sturdy--much heavier than I expected it to be, yet small enough to be ported fairly easily. I plugged it into a socket at the bar tonight and vaped happy with two charged batts waiting in my pocket. There's nothing to say about the passthru other than that it's exactly what I wanted it to be. I'm not sophisticated enough to scientifically measure its performance, but subjectively, it does seem to have more power than batteries. It's a nice, cheap upgrade from the so-so stock batteries.
Thanks again, Hoog, for carrying the best variety of e-cig goods on the net.

tardcore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2009
pittsburgh, pa
i have a very similar PT to the one from madvapes (when i made the decision to buy, they were out of stock :() and i've run into a bit of a problem and wondered if anyone else has experienced this. lately the connection has been kinda...iffy. i'll set it down on my desk, then when i pick it up, the light flashes like i just plugged it in (so, basically, the wire's not always making contact).

any thoughts/suggestions?

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
My old 5v PT died because I ran over the cord with my chair afew times, so I got the madvapes one with the STURDY CORD! It's been much better.
If your current one isn't working right, I'd say get the madvapes one lol. some of the PT on sale from various places seem to use the same wiring that they use in those tiny headphones that break 5 mins after you buy one;drives me mental. I'm wondering if you have your one plugged itno the PC and not a wall charger? Ive found the PC ports don't always output the right amount of charge for some PT, so they don't work properly. I also have the madvapes AC/USB wall plug - it is great.
Its the normal 5v PT not the sit n go one btw. The cord is what sold me on it - it looks chair wheel proof :)

Orion

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
Central Florida
Guys, sorry to jack this thread, but can someone point me to a thread that describes what a passthrough is and why we want it? I have read all the noob tutorials I can find, but I seem to have missed this. I'm going to be getting a 510 soon (maybe an Ego) and need to know if and why I need a PT.

Thanks!

The 5v pass thru or any pass thru for that matter is just like a battery that stay plugged into your pc/laptop/wall plug/car adapter ect. that doesn't die.

I have th 510 5v passthrough so i can use it with my 510 attys. it's just a simple way to vape. And the 5v gives way more vapor than the regular 3. volt one.

And for $15 it's a steal. And to sum it up, passthru's are like e-cigs that you plug in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread