ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
The Billet Box Kit, By LEO

nq4vuq.jpg

We have used our Billet Box with Cartomizers (nice!), Aspire BVC coils with a Billet Bridge (yay!) and also with a Diver v2 (perfect!) ~ now how about having some juice control? Welcome SOPHIA, By Leo!

1zpmnnp.jpg

Aspire BVC with Billet Bridge...................................................Billet Box with Diver v2

Sophia lets you sleep peacefully knowing that not a single drop of juice will leak thru and our Billet Box won’t be a juicy mess when we wake up!

nvs7l1.jpg

Sophia in the Billet Box

And not just that, the Sophia vapes exceptionally well. And the Billet Box, a quality "all-in-one” device that it already is, gets totally rejuvenated with a Sophia inside it!

f4lcw0.jpg

BB Kit & Sophia *Installation*

A) Which model of Sophia should I get?

154f6g1.jpg

Sophia comes stock as a (1)45mm Carto-RBA. This is the best mode for a tank ~ since that 5mm protrusion above the top cap is good enough to grab and rotate for processing its juice control feature. However, for the Billet Box it’s wise to purchase it’s (2)“Short Body Tube” (to make it into 35mm overall length). This ensures that the Sophia, like a cartomizer, will completely sit inside the Billet Box’s tank. Which makes the tank easier to put-in and take-out. Nonetheless, the Sophia can albeit be used in all it’s sizes inside the Billet Box including with it’s (3)“Long Body Tube" Mode. Explanations below...

NOTE: While purchasing the Sophia we can choose the length of the Top Body Tube. There's an option between the 45mm mode and 35mm mode.

B) The BB Kit, By Leo:

nvz8yb.jpg

The BB Kit comes with five parts in the package. For all purposes #1 to #4 is all we need to install the Sophia in the Billet Box. Part #5 may not be used. However, this brass strip is touted to offer a better and warmer vapour, which I didn’t find the case. I’ll nonetheless show you how to install that as well in the end.

1) Sophia Short Body Installation:

STEP-1: Replace the Top O-Ring:

2mx0ufd.jpg

21j8yti.jpg

Since we’d be using the juice control feature of the Sophia it’s important that we replace the stock O-ring (black) of the Billet Box’s tank with the supplied red O-ring. This O-ring is made of softer, larger and sturdier material ~ and it helps immensely while rotating the top body tube/s.

TIP: Don’t forget to ‘lube’ the O-ring. I use a bit of vaseline ~ but a drop or two of our e-liquid could do the same job.

qxmjgh.jpg

STEP-2: Attach the 510 Ring (#1) to Sophia’s Base:

kbozsw.jpg

2yos6iw.jpg

^Preferred way of attaching the 510 ring #1

TIP: This 510 nut (#1) has two different faces. One side is hollow, while the other is flat. If you attach this nut with the “hollow side” facing upwards, towards the Sophia’s base, you’d get a 'tight draw'. Exactly opposite would be if you attach it with the “flat side” facing upwards. In which case you get a pretty decent ‘open draw’.

STEP-3: Insert Sophia into the Tank:

209frm1.jpg

STEP-4: Attach Top Ring (#4):

2qb9l06.jpg

do3r7k.jpg

STEP-5: Insert the Driptip Adapter (#3):

33bhkkm.jpg

NOTE: This step is important b’coz the supplied adapter snug-fits the Sophia. And helps/enables to rotate the top body with ease for juice control. Besides, this Driptip Adapter barricades the Top Ring (#4) and being made of steel ensures that our e-liquid doesn't come in contact with brass.

STEP-6: Insert Driptip and “Feel" the Juice control:

hvbimw.jpg

NOTE: Play around with the juice control a couple of times, but close it before filling. Open it a turn, or turn & a half, based on the viscosity of your e-liquid after filling the tank.

2) Sophia Regular Size Installation:

STEP-1: Attach 510 ring (#1) and insert the Sophia’s base into the Tank:

2dmikj8.jpg

STEP-2: Attach Top Ring (#4)
STEP-3: Insert Regular Body Tube of the Sophia thru this Top Ring
STEP-4: Attach a Driptip and play with the Juice control

2isa9fm.jpg

3) Sophia Long Body Installation:

STEP-1 & 2: Same as before
STEP-3: Insert Long Body Tube of the Sophia thru this Top Ring
STEP-4: Play with the Juice Control

10n6xvp.jpg

NOTE: This body tube comes with an integrated drip tip, hence there’s no need to attach anything else over it. In fact you can’t.

C) The Brass Connector Strip Installation (#5):

STEP-1: Place the Brass Connector Strip (#5) onto the 510 base of the Sophia:

2yza2xs.jpg

STEP-2: Tighten the 510 Ring (#1) over the strip firmly:

142c7ie.jpg

STEP-3: Gently bend the brass strip along the rear of the tank:

bj9yx5.jpg

STEP-4: Repeat the same on the tank’s top end:

2ni3eaa.jpg

STEP-5: Assemble everything:

140f4ty.jpg

D) Closeup of the Build inside my Sophia:

10g9sf9.jpg

Details of the above build here (Post #9815): http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ys-mods-drip-tips-tanks-982.html#post14119165

23ht007.jpg

Inhale the Aroma!

2zylt93.jpg

Exhale a Fog!

BOTTOMLINE:

Billet Box is a pioneering product, which shook the carto vaping world years back as a wholesome “all-in-one” device. The advent of Aspire BVC coils - and it’s embodiment into it via Atmistique’s Billet Bridge was another step forward in 2014 given that volume vaping was on the rise. However, folks who loved tinkering plonked-in the Diver v2 (a carto-RBA) instead - and voila, we had a rebuildable Billet Box in our hands. And it did a fantastic job.

But then Sophia, By Leo, is the bees neez of Carto-RBAs! Which took that form factor to a whole new level. And now, with the help of By Leo’s BB Kit the fun continues with the Billet Box!. Juice Control, flavour and voluminous vapour herein get into a compact device. This is truly how Billet Box vaping is meant to be!

RESOURCE/S:
1. Sophia: http://www.byleo.eu/bl/en/home/122--atomizer.html
2. Billet Box: http://billetboxvapor.mybigcommerce.com/billet-box/
3. BB Kit for the Sophia: http://www.byleo.eu/bl/en/home/139-σοφια-kit-for-the-billet-box.html
4. BB Kit Installation Guide: https://www.dropbox.com/s/or4om999x2r26xu/bb guide.pdf?dl=0
5. Fat Barrel (SS) Driptip: FAT BARREL SS - By Leo
6. Fat Barrel (Delrin, Black or White) Driptip: FAT BARREL ACETAL - By Leo

Last edited:

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
hey q, amazing right up, mate. was thinking about putting this in my dna20 bb, trying to figure out how the sophia would make a ground connection to the body of the bb without the brass connector strip?

I am sure Q will respond but you can use the Sophia in place of the regular carto without the kit but it is impossible to get to the flow control. You need to adjust it while the tank is out of the BB and it will flood when filling. The new brass screw allows you to open and close the Sophia while the tank is in the BB.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
hey q, amazing right up, mate. was thinking about putting this in my dna20 bb, trying to figure out how the sophia would make a ground connection to the body of the bb without the brass connector strip?

JM, 'ground' is thru the Brass Top Ring on the Billet Box / BB Kit (#4). As long as that ring sits tightened and thus making contact (touching) with the top of the Sophia (or a carto, or Diver v3, or Billet Bridge) you've a proper connectivity.

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
JM, 'ground' is thru the Brass Top Ring on the Billet Box / BB Kit (#4). As long as that ring sits tightened and thus making contact (touching) with the top of the Sophia (or a carto, or Diver v3, or Billet Bridge) you've a proper connectivity.

i guess i meant to say without the brass strip, and with the long body though the brass top ring. im guessing in that scenario, youd need the brass strip?

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
i guess i meant to say without the brass strip, and with the long body though the brass top ring. im guessing in that scenario, youd need the brass strip?

No. I'm not using the Brass Strip in any of the Sophia modes. Just tighten the Top ring (#4) and it grounds the system perfectly.

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
No. I'm not using the Brass Strip in any of the Sophia modes. Just tighten the Top ring (#4) and it grounds the system perfectly.

interesting. i use my diver in the bb, and as i tighten the top ring, it grounds solidly to the shell of the diver. with the sophia long body and adjustable juice control through the new top ring, how is it making a tight solid ground connection to the sophia? sorry if this is obvious, or i seem thick. :facepalm:

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
interesting. i use my diver in the bb, and as i tighten the top ring, it grounds solidly to the shell of the diver. with the sophia long body and adjustable juice control through the new top ring, how is it making a tight solid ground connection to the sophia? sorry if this is obvious, or i seem thick. :facepalm:

The Long Tube body 'touches' the Top Ring (#4). May not be a tight fit (which we don't want) but touches nonetheless.

I don't use the brass strip (#5) with my Diver v2 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread