The cat is out of the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Hey thanks Jolly. LTNS I hope all is well with you as well. On the good side of things, there will be a unlimited production model coming out after these. The zinger! That is all I will say at this time wrt to it.

The release will be posted ahead of time on both the IKV and Happy Vaper subs. So folks should be able to acquire one. That being said I expect the Canadian side (smaller market) not to sell out as quickly "hint".

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Thanks for bumping it back up.

There has been some delays yes, as to be expected with the first of any new device. Some of these delays are awaiting materials from the US, mailing out the protos and awaiting feedback etc... These delays also insure that the product will fly once it is released. Things that I am unhappy with are improved upon etc... There has been one specific problem that we are working on and hence awaiting material. Nonetheless production continues with non - interference items. Then of course as all of these are manufactured "in house" vice a machine shop, when the machinist has a doctor's or any other appointment, the shop is down.

All this being said, even though the release of the 308 has shifted to the right, and should material acquisition cause undue delays, machining continues in the shop e.g the 20mm prototype has been developed and several production jigs were manufactured to streamline machining processes. The latter will reduce the time required to manufacture subsequent calibres.

Although there are some draw backs wrt being a one man (manufacturing) show, it also allows me a certain amount of latitude in that I can simply turn my attention to something else e.g start manufacturing the 7mm while awaiting material for the 308 perse, which is easily done and does not require major re-tooling and re-programing like a CNC lathe would require.

So although the release of the 308 has been delayed, streamlining and improvements in the shop itself will pay dividends in subsequent calibres. I thank you all for your patience and understanding. Several folks had the opportunity to test drive the 308 and are pleased with its performance. All interference items (materials) have been acquired or are on their way for the entire line, so that unwanted or unplanned delays will not materialize in the future.

Switcher,

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
Thanks for bumping it back up.

There has been some delays yes, as to be expected with the first of any new device. Some of these delays are awaiting materials from the US, mailing out the protos and awaiting feedback etc... These delays also insure that the product will fly once it is released. Things that I am unhappy with are improved upon etc... There has been one specific problem that we are working on and hence awaiting material. Nonetheless production continues with non - interference items. Then of course as all of these are manufactured "in house" vice a machine shop, when the machinist has a doctor's or any other appointment, the shop is down.

All this being said, even though the release of the 308 has shifted to the right, and should material acquisition cause undue delays, machining continues in the shop e.g the 20mm prototype has been developed and several production jigs were manufactured to streamline machining processes. The latter will reduce the time required to manufacture subsequent calibres.

Although there are some draw backs wrt being a one man (manufacturing) show, it also allows me a certain amount of latitude in that I can simply turn my attention to something else e.g start manufacturing the 7mm while awaiting material for the 308 perse, which is easily done and does not require major re-tooling and re-programing like a CNC lathe would require.

So although the release of the 308 has been delayed, streamlining and improvements in the shop itself will pay dividends in subsequent calibres. I thank you all for your patience and understanding. Several folks had the opportunity to test drive the 308 and are pleased with its performance. All interference items (materials) have been acquired or are on their way for the entire line, so that unwanted or unplanned delays will not materialize in the future.

Switcher,

Yup, that all makes total sense and is completely understandable, your workin smarter not harder. This work to bring the best possible device, is why it will be so well sought after, well that amongst other things. ( Being associated with Isaac can never hurt). Well thanks for the update and I will still be checking back daily.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Updates updates??? !!!

HPIM0416.jpg

There you go. 50 bodies ready to be machined as a unit. What's left to do is atty connector, drip tips, and polishing. The hold back is for the atty connector's insulator. The material should have arrived last week.

If all goes according to Hoyle expect and end April release.

PS: no promises.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Thank you Sir. It has been an interesting winter to say the least. I am doing something I really can sink my teeth into :) Unfortunately allot of my stuff has to come from the States (long shipping times) because I can't source what I need up here :(
That makes for a more gratifying outcome when there are more hurdles to conquer.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
They look good, Switched! They are definitely worth any necessary wait time.

Yes it has been an interesting winter LOL. Sourcing was a major pitfall in my case. One would think that the materials would have been readily available in Canada? Not so :( My next shipment should see me through the remainder of the line. What a PITA acquiring materials was. All in all though I have found something to keep me occupied during retirement that I truly enjoy doing. I appreciate all the patience folks have extended and I will endeavour to keep on trucking towards their release. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
If you have any left,Put me down for the .50 cal. pleeeze

Did I say I want one?
They haven't been sold yet. The release of the 308 is coming soon and the 50 cal in early fall (I hope). Sorry, there are no pre-orders for the product as I explain in this thread Pre-order on the "Bullet"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread