The Darwin From Evolv!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarwinUser

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2011
New York
Anyone else having Battery issues with Darwin?
I was one of the first to get Darwin PV (about 6 months ago).
Lately, it hasn't been charging properly, and just today, it's refusing to charge at all.
I know there's a warranty for Darwin battery, but since it can only be replaced by Evolv, I guess I have to send it in?
Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks in advance.

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
So far (knock on wood) my battery has been fine. I would Check first to make sure your charger didn't just quit. Maybe try it again overnight with a different mini USB charger?

Otherwise, you'll probably need a replacement from evolv unfortunately.

Anyone else having Battery issues with Darwin?
I was one of the first to get Darwin PV (about 6 months ago).
Lately, it hasn't been charging properly, and just today, it's refusing to charge at all.
I know there's a warranty for Darwin battery, but since it can only be replaced by Evolv, I guess I have to send it in?
Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks in advance.

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
As soon as I spent a month with an Ego, and realized that I really could quit smoking, I was determined to get a better device. I read the whole (at that time) 600 pages of this thread, and got a Darwin as my second device.

Cigs for me (in central Missouri, USA) were about $5 a pack. I could figure up real quick that a Darwin was about one month of smoking for me. I haven't gone crazy on juices yet, still looking for a favorite. I got a Boge Revolution 2.x for a backup (cheap, lots of batt, 10ml bottomfeeder, seems to be a good 'outdoor device' )and I broke even in my second month.

Like many things, it's not how much it costs up front, it depends on wage and income in your area. I used to be a ham radio operator, and when operating on voice (as compared to data, or Morse code) I always enjoyed asking people in other countries the price of their gas, etc.

The real cost is to our health. You can't buy that, other than swap some parts around if you have enough money!

DarwinUser

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2011
New York
I'm trying another charger with identical output Voltage and Ohms. It seems to be charging properly now, but will have to wait a bit longer to be sure. If it does turn out to be the charger, then does Evolv have warranty on that too? I suppose it's better than the Battery itself being bad since I can always replace the charger myself (most devices these days seems to have 5V/1A output chargers, which is probably compatible with Darwin charger).

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
Chose2live, I read the last few pages on my phone, I didn't initially recognize your attachment with a Marshall amp in it! I have an 18-watt Marshall clone, it is absolutely killer. Run it through my passive leslie, and I am instant Deep Purple.

profilepic64285_1.gif

chose2live

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2010
Arizona
Chose2live, I read the last few pages on my phone, I didn't initially recognize your attachment with a Marshall amp in it! I have an 18-watt Marshall clone, it is absolutely killer. Run it through my passive leslie, and I am instant Deep Purple.

profilepic64285_1.gif

Very groovy!..lol. Aye, its a 15w haze stack..i love it :) I also use a fender 15w super champ xd when i want to be considerate to the street....grin

It's fine. Some people have wall chargers, some have computer chargers. They both charge the same.
I use both.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I've understood that computers usb output (at least in most computers) is just 500mA. So it's slower compared to for example 1A wall plug.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread