The eGo One. Amazing, yet awful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdvapes

May 15, 2015
So I purchased the eGo One after hearing amazing reviews of the device. I use an Aspire Atlantis on an MVP 3 but needed something more portable for work/going out. I was more than impressed with the eGo One using the .5 ohm coil, and equally so with the 1 ohm coil. The battery life is great, the flavour is perfect and the vapor production is unexpected. However, within 2 hours of using the .5ohm coil, the vapor began to taste burnt, more than on any other wick I have burnt. So until I could get hold of another I used the 1 ohm coil. 24 hours that one lasted. joyetech said they would send me replacements free of charge, but while waiting for this I went to my local shop and bought another .5 coil. 1 HOUR LATER, it's frazzled. Wether I'm just being unlucky or the device is faulty I don't know, but I am incredibly disappointed. It's not through a lack of priming or using the wrong liquid, I'm an experienced vaper and had fully primed the wicks for 20minutes minimum and was using a 50/50 juice. This device had great potential, but it will be going in the bin for now (except the battery, which even does a great job on my Atlantis)

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I wouldn't even call it a mech;
it's a 1100mah 510thread fixed battery.

its basically an 18350 with a 510 thread and a button; it doesn't even have adjustable centerpin.

and it's not like the price is great for what you get either.
While I personally agree, for the person not interested in learning everything needed for subohming its better then just pickin up a mech and going erp .0002 ohms on this 12 amp battery it that ok? derp.

I would prefer that person has this in his hand while sitting next to me going "looky I can subohm too!!"

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Yeah Buzz, Maybe be right on both guesses, but leaning more towards a difference in understanding of "revollutionary".:toast:
I see he joined Tue so hes most likely a new vapor and that's his first mod at least hes enthusiastic. Give him a little time he will learn

Birdvapes

May 15, 2015
I see he joined Tue so hes most likely a new vapor and that's his first mod at least hes enthusiastic. Give him a little time he will learn

Yeah, I noticed. Had to have some fun with someting that is amazing, awful, and revolutionary, lol

As I have mentioned, I'm not new to vaping, my main set up is the Atlantis on an MVP 3. The revolutionary part was that I can stick the Atlantis on the eGo battery and get identical performance as I would at 30 watts on the MVP, to me this was not what I expected from such a small device, my expectations for mods tend to be low as I've had a few disappointing ones

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
As I have mentioned, I'm not new to vaping, my main set up is the Atlantis on an MVP 3. The revolutionary part was that I can stick the Atlantis on the eGo battery and get identical performance as I would at 30 watts on the MVP, to me this was not what I expected from such a small device, my expectations for mods tend to be low as I've had a few disappointing ones
A battery ,is a battery, is a battery they all hold 4.2 volts they all drain and need to be charged. Some last longer than others but they all start off equal. There is a difference in regulation , How its done Buck Boost, PWM ect.... some regulation is done cheaply so its not so good. So in that respect some mods out preform others but as the technology grows the products get better and the price goes down like most things.

Mimikim1234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
Chicago
Pbusardo ran some tests on it, and it fires at different wattages depending on the resistance you're using with it. He found around .6 ohms it was firing around 20 watts, 1.1 ohms was around 14 watts, 1.6 was around 10 watts. So although we can't adjust it, it is adjusting itself somewhat.

He thought it might be a fixed wattage device before running these tests.

It had a resistance range of .3 to 3 ohms.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Pbusardo ran some tests on it, and it fires at different wattages depending on the resistance you're using with it. He found around .6 ohms it was firing around 20 watts, 1.1 ohms was around 14 watts, 1.6 was around 10 watts. So although we can't adjust it, it is adjusting itself somewhat.

I guess that would explain Birds post of hard hitting. I guess compared to a regular Ego its way better but compared to an adjustable voltage or wattage mod its not so much.

Reactions: Mimikim1234

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla

He did a follow up later saying he was over analyzing it and didnt even realize it is just an unregulated battery. ( in unregulated mods wattage goes up as resistance goes down)

To anyone who likes this or is enjoying it just remeber this is exactly the same performance we get from a decent mech mod.

Like I said in one of the earlier ego1 threads i personally like the device and i hope it helps a lot of people understand and come to appreciate the mech mod experience better, and shows them it isnt as horrible as many of the naysayers make it out to be. Mech mods work, no fumbling, no playing, just screw something on and go...

If you enjoy a certain tank on the ego one it will work exactly the same, if not better on a nemesis or any other mech. The difference is we get to change batteries

Reactions: Ryedan

Rourke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
Brooklyn, CT
I had heard that their coils were not great. I am glad I only bought the battery. When I 1st got it it wasn't making a good connection with the Nano. It would not fire when tightened all the way down. But thankfully it seems to have fixed itself. It is definitely my favorite travel gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread