The Joker 6 volt mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
I read a post from Jeso on Vapor Talk that I thought was interesting about the Joker. Depending how you look at the Joker, it is really a 6 volt mod. There's no 5 volt regulator in it. So it is really no different than any other mod that uses 3 volt LiFePO4s like the Prodigy V3.

Yes, unloaded the Jokers voltage reads 6.5 volts with fresh batteries.

After all considerations while designing it, the loaded voltage and power is the crucial element.

A 510 atty measures 5.1 volts and a 801 atty measures 5.3 to 5.5 volts under load.

A zener diode is used for power surges and in rush current when turned on.

That is the reason why 3 volt LiFePO4s are used because they will supply power without

loses from resistors or a regulator, and thus the unit can last much longer with a set of batteries.

For short circuits a device is used to shut down the unit. if 2 amps or greater is being drawn

from a atty or carto, the unit will shut down after 5-10 seconds depending on how much greater than

2 amps is being used. It will automatically shut down within milliseconds if the unit draws 4 amps or greater.

I hope I was able to answer your questions.

Best Regards

Jeso
Joker Volts - Vapor Talk E Cig Forum

Last edited:

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
Well, I have one and all I know is it's much less harsh than 6V on my Chuck. It's harder hitting than my GLV, but regardless, it's a great vape.

I would think the Joker would hit the same as your Chuck because they both take two 3 volt batteries. What kind of batteries are you using in your Chuck?

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
Here it comes !

I just read about it. I figured it would just a matter of time before other mod makers started offering variable voltage. I don't think it will be much competition for you because the price is much higher and the battery life much shorter. Plus many of his mods have switch problems.

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
It means that we have begun the patent application process for Variable Voltage used on a Personal Vaporizer / Electronic Cigarette .

It is limited to hand held vaporizers but includes medications that can be vaporized as well .

This is a standard business practice in order to protect designs and improvements of existing devices .

We see a use for these in other areas as well.

It is only enforceable after the patent issues If it does , The way it works is that it deters others from using the design because they can be liable for damages even prior to the patent being issued .

This is how the patent procedure works for the most part.

Last edited:

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
It means that we have begun the patent application process for Variable Voltage used on a Personal Vaporizer / Electronic Cigarette .

It is limited to hand held vaporizers but includes medications that can be vaporized as well .

This is a standard business practice in order to protect designs and improvements of existing devices .

We see a use for these in other areas as well.

It is only enforceable after the patent issues If it does , The way it works is that it deters others from using the design because they can be liable for damages even prior to the patent being issued .

This is how the patent procedure works for the most part.

Sounds like you may have a lawsuit then because Vaprlife copied many of the Buzz features.

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
The LAST thing you want is lawyers involved !
It is a protection of sorts , informing a company that you have a patent pending or applied for tends to deter them from copying products ( at least in the USA !)

The ONLY thing that is covered is the Variable Voltage aspect.

I understand not wanting to get lawyers involved. That can get pretty expensive and time consuming.

I was reading the VT forum today I was was surprised to read that Vaprlife said he will upgrade all old Jokers to the new version for free. In a way I think he should do that anyway since he kind of deceived people into thinking the old Joker had a 5 volt regulator.

woody1911a1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
mass
by the time you have your patent , these will be old news . there was nothing on your www stating patent pending and there still isn't .

sitting here vaping on my buzz but starting to get a sour taste in my mouth . trust me , if you really pursue this , it will come back to bite you in the ... .

you're selling to a small community of vapors and i'm guessing just one law suit would cost you more in legal fees and lost customers than you'll ever make selling pv's .

just my opinion .

Woody

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
Woody that is NOT my intention , and I agree it will be gone and advanced by the time a patent issues.

This is just one way to keep people knocking OFF your ideas with out thinking about it !

I know that there will be several copies of this design coming out and I will inform all of them that we have a application pending with the US patent office.

I hope you understand , I put 3 months of work into this device and design , I have a right to protect it .

If they want to go about it a different way that is fine , but also understand that E-cigs is NOT the only market for a device like this , I am looking into the future and other markets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread