Status
Not open for further replies.

boilednuts

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2009
ALOHA STATE
hawaii is hard to get out of when the hurricanes come! There used to be a little fun if you typed Japan in as the destination on google earth - drive to coast - kayak 2500 miles etc.

T

Hurricanes are like a huge storm usually lasting a few hours, mucho rain and high winds but nutting like twisters where you start praying asap. House up on a hill so little fear from tsunamis where Pearl Harbor is a natural barrier. I 've been fishing in Pearl during a tsunami and didn't even notice it. Nut like Waikiki where there are mass evacuations, if you're below the 3rd flr level.

boilednuts

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2009
ALOHA STATE
Nutz,
Looks good! Too close to the neighbor for me, but that i Hawaii and I lived in a remote desert. hehe But it's beautiful. :D

Thanks Ellen aka Michellen, but land so precious here that close neighbors is about all you'll ever get unless you have a farm or couple million to invest with :). The lot is bigger than most I think average around 4,700sqft, seen some under 3k :ohmy:

cappy24

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
remsenburg new york
HI EVERYONE...just checking in to say hello and hope EVERYONE is having a nice weekend....
NUTZ!!!...congrats on the new house...i see it didn't take you too long to find another one...best of luck with this one!!
i had a house full of people this whole weekend...people sleeping all over the place...more alcohol then food i'm afraid:p
but still managed to do alot of much needed yard work....had some fun with the new lawn tractor i just bought...stuck a straw hat on carol put her in the seat and and told her to start earning her keep!!
have a great sunday evening EVERYONE!!

boilednuts

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2009
ALOHA STATE
Close neighbors are good, if the happen to look like Heather Locklear and they don't own curtains.

Of course if they look like Nutz it's time to move... quickly.

Jack

I guess thats what happened to your neighbors, they all ran like hell!! :)

HI EVERYONE...just checking in to say hello and hope EVERYONE is having a nice weekend....
NUTZ!!!...congrats on the new house...i see it didn't take you too long to find another one...best of luck with this one!!
i had a house full of people this whole weekend...people sleeping all over the place...more alcohol then food i'm afraid:p
but still managed to do alot of much needed yard work....had some fun with the new lawn tractor i just bought...stuck a straw hat on carol put her in the seat and and told her to start earning her keep!!
have a great sunday evening EVERYONE!!

Thanks Ray, everything looking good so far, house inspection on Tuesday. That house had 2 done already with no problems so expecting none too. Disclosure clean as a whistle, building permits all accounted for and closed. Trying to get deal with bank now, 25 down w/ 1.75 pts for conforming loan. Thurs it was 3.77 percent, will find out Monday when we can lock.

Should've posted a pic of Carol on that mower, maybe a straw of grass hanging from her mouth :laugh:

Up1tree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2009
SoCal, USA
Thanks Ellen aka Michellen, but land so precious here that close neighbors is about all you'll ever get unless you have a farm or couple million to invest with :). The lot is bigger than most I think average around 4,700sqft, seen some under 3k :ohmy:
The lot does look larger definitely. I suppose it's too late to get me some of that real estate inside the active volcanoes... :( No room for Ellen or Michellen.

pmoraldo

REO Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gilbert, Arizona

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
you'd live IN a volcano? i used to live with one and that was bad enough - i think the desert is preferable!

Here's my reasoning: builder sucks teeth - ooh looks like a tough job that - it'll cost you.

'can't come today - got a home extension to do'

'can't get my truck up the volcanic ash - damn Dodge just slides'

i'm sure he'd have room in that place, just that i cannot swim well anymore.

T

Northernshrink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Bracebridge Ont Canada
Shrink, could you possibly be the one other REOnaut looking forward to the NHL playoffs?

Nope I am tired of those over payed sissy boys crying about how hard they have things !!! The only hockey I now support is Jr Young kids trying to make the big game and actually playing with some heart :D..........Sowey

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK
Shrink, could you possibly be the one other REOnaut looking forward to the NHL playoffs?

I know it's bandwagon thinking the last few years but I have been a Penguins fan since the year before they drafted Lemieux. Hope they close the deal this year. Too much talent not to take advantage of the window they are in.

boilednuts

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2009
ALOHA STATE
The lot does look larger definitely. I suppose it's too late to get me some of that real estate inside the active volcanoes... :( No room for Ellen or Michellen.

Active volcanoes are state/fed prop so little chance of that happening. Dormaint ones already used for homes except for diamond head, there's a National Guard and FAA facility inside as well as a park where you can climb up to the rim....did it once, drinking beer in the shade was much better. I'll watch the cooler for you. :)

LOVE this house alot better and plenty of room me when I come visit my birth place :D Did I mention my mom went into labor with me on Pearl Harbor :toast:

First I hear tell of it, was she in the service and which hospital? If service, then perhaps Tripler Army Medical Center which is a few miles away from Pearl. She probably be shocked of the changes there and with the berthing of the USS Missouri and even a WWII sub to see if you go on the USS Arizona tour. I've werked over 34 yrs at Pearl so I know it well :)

nutz...this silly song popped into my head and of course i thought of you!....

THAT ACCURSED SONG!!!!!!

AARRGGHHH!!!! Been haunting me everyplace I go! Luckily most peeps hate it too so they don't play it much nowadays. Actually my aunt who at the time was a 2nd grade school teacher named me (before this song came out), never let a school teacher name yer kids :facepalm:

Northernshrink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Bracebridge Ont Canada
I know it's bandwagon thinking the last few years but I have been a Penguins fan since the year before they drafted Lemieux. Hope they close the deal this year. Too much talent not to take advantage of the window they are in.

I grew up in Edmonton so have always been an oilers fan used to have the same problem with the whole Gretzky thing personally I thought he was an .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread