The Taryn Spin-Everything You Need To Know & How To Make A Lanyard (New Video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

krashnash

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
Austin, TX
I've been using a rubber pencil gripper type thing for my spinner, and discovered an advantage tonight. It's flexible enough that I can stretch out the top and roll it back over the carto so I don't have to take the carto off to drip more juice. Drip, spin, stretch, drip, spin, stretch, etc. Worked great with some really thick vg juice that wicks painfully slowly. Costs less than a buck at Walgreens for a dozen of them, and the only tool needed for assembly is a needle big enough for your string.

~krash

susden

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2011
Diamond Bar
I am using this toothpick case. I think I got it at the Yosemite National Park gift shop, or was it at CVS.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304092781.196352.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304092781.196352.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 31

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
hahaha.....well some of the inner portion must have peeled back a little. I'll bet now that you got the first one in, it doesn't peel the labels off other cartos now. If you get out to Lowe's or Home Depot and feeling like spending a little money, buy a 1 ft length of 3/8 i.d x 1/2 o.d and some nylon twine.....I'm just cheap...and batt bags or hanger dowels don't require a trip to the store.

Trillius

Apr 8, 2011
Dayton, Ohio
hahaha.....well some of the inner portion must have peeled back a little. I'll bet now that you got the first one in, it doesn't peel the labels off other cartos now. If you get out to Lowe's or Home Depot and feeling like spending a little money, buy a 1 ft length of 3/8 i.d x 1/2 o.d and some nylon twine.....I'm just cheap...and batt bags or hanger dowels don't require a trip to the store.
Exactly what I did snow... had a bit of 3/8 i.d. hose laying around and fit perfectly. I like the batt bag for filling and the hose for drying

jbmcdan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2011
TX
don't get overwhelmed, sag! the more you do mess with this stuff, the easier it gets.

I tried the drycleaner-tube and couldn't get it to work very well. But while searching my local walgreen's for syringes, I found these little insulin syringes...very cheap. the needle's too short and small to use, so i just toss those and use the little syringes like funnels. But what surprised me the most was that the orange plunger cap fits a carto perfectly! used a dremel to make holes for the string, and then can spin the heck out of it. you have to twist the carto just a bit to get it out, but it works well. I have a ton of these if anyone needs one...just pm me.
The other spinner below is one of those purse-sized hand sanitizer spray things. Just snip off the inside tube, and a carto with condom fits in it perfectly.
I also use a little metal pill case --great spinner. Unfortunately I can never find a spinner when i need it and end up making a new one lol
syringetopspinner.jpg

handsprayspinner.jpg

Kanza

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2011
Wilmette, IL
We need a new "sticky" :) A locked sticky with SD's videos and the photos of what everyone builds and makes and uses and creates and stuff like that :p We can bow to their awesomeness in general chat (and who doesn't love to give credit where credit is due?) but keep the thread pure so everyone can quickly find what they are looking for without having to scroll through 900 pages of "thanks!" I really appreciate the work SD put into these videos and have sent links to other V4L users who don't log onto to the forum and I get a real kick out of seeing how others store, sort, fill, twirl, charge, etc. their V4L products but if I don't quickly email a link to myself on ideas I like...it gets lost in the general chat :( You people are incredible with your creativity and contributions and I feel you should have a thread dedicated to that and that alone :)

Again, thank you, SnowDragon, for making a "job" seem more like an "adventure" :) <<<HUGS>>>

lujin4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
Milwakee
We need a new "sticky" :) A locked sticky with SD's videos and the photos of what everyone builds and makes and uses and creates and stuff like that :p We can bow to their awesomeness in general chat (and who doesn't love to give credit where credit is due?) but keep the thread pure so everyone can quickly find what they are looking for without having to scroll through 900 pages of "thanks!" I really appreciate the work SD put into these videos and have sent links to other V4L users who don't log onto to the forum and I get a real kick out of seeing how others store, sort, fill, twirl, charge, etc. their V4L products but if I don't quickly email a link to myself on ideas I like...it gets lost in the general chat :( You people are incredible with your creativity and contributions and I feel you should have a thread dedicated to that and that alone :)

Again, thank you, SnowDragon, for making a "job" seem more like an "adventure" :) <<<HUGS>>>

+1 on this idea :toast: :headbang: :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread