Thinking about carto tanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mbiz79

Feb 8, 2013
Hornell, NY
After 6 months of clearomizers with decent (vivi nova) and bad results (Kanger MT3), I've been convinced by research and ECF recommendations to give carto tanks a try. I would love to find an affordable entry level tank with that resembles a vivi nova STV. A metal tube with a window would be ideal! I have a solid tube for my nova now and I don't like the filling process without being able to see the level. I am open to a larger or smaller tank as I will be using this on ego style and a vamo once it gets here from China (I took a plunge and ordered one from VaporBreak).

Many have suggested the smoketech DCT and I may end up buying a couple as the price point looks good, but my wife always teases me that the clear attachments remind her of what a crack pipe would look like. Function over form is obviously more important but if I get called Bobby Brown or Whitney (too soon?) one more time for my new hobby, I may have to go back to the blu. :p

Thanks for your help!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
This should be just what you are looking for!

Lil' Mama 3ml Tanks & Tubes : Big Daddy Vapor
This is what I was going to suggest. Probably more than the OP was wanting to spend, but it is the only metal tank with a safe window that I would be willing to recommend.

Provari_Lil Mama.jpg big daddy.jpg

For a less expensive cartotank, I recommend either the IBTanked or Valley View Vapes pyrex tanks, or the polypropylene tanks sold by My Vapor Store or Valley View Vapes. All four recommendations are $25 or less.

IBTanked25mmsb.jpg Triple_V_pyrex_1.JPG dctank.jpg

Last edited:

Exile

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
Dallas,Tx
I would love to find an affordable entry level tank with that resembles a vivi nova STV. A metal tube with a window would be ideal!

Another vote for Big Daddy Vapor - Who's your Daddy Tanks! Their not the cheapest, but their nice...
http://bigdaddyvapor.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=Who%27s+your+daddy

They use the Lil' Mama (Boge or Smoktech) cartomizers.
http://bigdaddyvapor.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=8

I much prefer carto tanks over clearomizers...

Last edited:

n4sdaq

Feb 26, 2013
Michigan
Maybe not exactly what you were looking for, but I'm going to suggest it anyway. The Triple V Pyrex (glass) from Valley View Vapes.

For 15 bucks, you get a 7ml glass tank that can take any kind of juice. Plus it just looks awesome (at least to me). Ordered mine yesterday. Oh, and they also have smaller, 4ml tanks for 13 bucks.

Only downside is the waiting time from them. They update their main page with the current expected processing time, and it's currently sitting at 2-3 weeks. :glare: But if you don't mind waiting a little while, then you can get a nice glass tank on the cheap.

Mbiz79

Feb 8, 2013
Hornell, NY
The vamo I am getting in tomorrow is gun metal, does anyone know how the smoktech u dct performs as I think it may look pretty good on my setup? If I like the carto tank experience I may invest in a Pyrex tank from valley view vapes but in the meantime, I want to dip my toes in the pool before investing a lot of money on tanks and cartos. If not the smok, how about the Artemis or Boge F16?

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I'm against the grain here, a tank is a tank is a tank! They all do the same thing, some just look nicer than others. The main thing is what carto you use that makes the biggest difference in performance.
If you use cinnamon and citrus juices then you will need a glass tank to prevent cracking or juice contamination from the plastic infecting the juice.
The glass tanks are stronger, will last longer and look better, but I can't say you will notice any difference in the better known tanks out there.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm against the grain here, a tank is a tank is a tank! They all do the same thing, some just look nicer than others. The main thing is what carto you use that makes the biggest difference in performance.
If you use cinnamon and citrus juices then you will need a glass tank to prevent cracking or juice contamination from the plastic infecting the juice.
The glass tanks are stronger, will last longer and look better, but I can't say you will notice any difference in the better known tanks out there.
Generally speaking, I agree with sawlight. The business end is in the cartomizer which ultimately affects the vapor and flavor.

However, myself and a couple of others who help a lot of new tank users out alot have found that the less expensive tanks (under $15 in price range) can have quality control or manufacturing issues. They tend to be more slippery on the carto with poor fitting o-rings or endcaps. This leads to early leaking of the tanks.

My first tank was a $10 Smoktech tank, and the polycarbonate tube was warped from the very beginning to the point that it leaked juice. I've found that the economy tanks are not really a wise choice. There's a reason that these tanks are cheap. Poor parts and manufacturing standards. Spend just a few more bucks and the quality takes a big jump.

I would never purchase a tank with polycarbonate tubes. It amazes me that many of the high end tank manufactures selling stainless steel, anodized aluminum, or titanium endcaps, all finely milled and machined to look nice and sexy, and then they slap a $3 polycarbonate tube on it. Where's the glass? :facepalm:

The Fluid Flask is a new cartotank that looks sexy as heck, and has a hefty price tag to go with it, but as pretty as it is, I would never buy one because it has an acrylic plastic tube. The same goes for the Kir Fanis tanks. Some of the prettiest well-designed caps on the market, but they put a plastic tube on the tank while charging $70. Tanks that pretty deserve pyrex.

That's my rant and my :2c:

Last edited:

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Generally speaking, I agree with sawlight. The business end is in the cartomizer which ultimately affects the vapor and flavor.

However, myself and a couple of others who help a lot of new tank users out alot have found that the less expensive tanks (under $15 in price range) can have quality control or manufacturing issues. They tend to be more slippery on the carto with poor fitting o-rings or endcaps. One of my first tanks was a $10 Smoktech tank, and the polycarbonate tube was warped from the very beginning to the point that it leaked juice. I've found that the economy tanks are not really a wise choice.

I would never purchase a tank with polycarbonate tubes. It amazes me that many of the high end tank manufactures selling stainless steel, anodized aluminum, or titanium endcaps, all finely milled and machined to look nice and sexy, and then they slap a $3 polycarbonate tube on it. Where's the glass? :facepalm:

Just my :2c:

Can't argue, much, you definitely get what you pay for! I've got some cheap Smok's (V4L), that don't fit together well, some are tight, some are lose etc. then I got one of Ikenvapes "fusion" tanks, it's night and day! I really wanted a nice tank, a cartonator, Kir Fanis, or other (I really dig the vaperfixxion I think, with the skull on the outside) but just can't get myself to justify pulling the trigger on a $50-$80 tank, when this silly $10 tank looks great on my Provari and works fine with my juices, tobacco and grape mainly. I also don't change flavors often, I've been on grape the last two weeks and keep the tobacco in my RBA's. so I don't really need a collection of them. No offense to "Tude on that one, he's got one of the nicest collections you'll ever see!
Even thought of making my own, one of a kind, which I may do someday when things slow down here, too many other projects in the works that I don't seem to have time to do as it is!
But I've never had a problem with the poly tanks, but I'm mindful of the juices I use, and in that regard, "Tude is absolutely correct!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread