Status
Not open for further replies.

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
I've been lurking, and reading and reading. So I guess I'll say hi now. Hi!

I've been smoking for about 20 of the past 25 years. I had a few pauses, during pregnancy and once with Wellbutrin and once with Chantix (Which worked very well for me, I didn't kill myself or anyone else and I did quit smoking for over a year.)

I hate smoking. I hate it every time I do it, and I hate the smell. I also hide it from my kids because I don't want them to see me set that example.

I've been interested in vaping for years, tried cig-a-likes a few times with no success. Finally ordered a Joyetech ego aio online and have been experimenting with it since Friday. I ordered 12mg juice with it online, but that was way too harsh. The next day I picked up a bottle of 6mg juice from a B&M and that has been much easier. Still duel using at this point but I hope to ditch the stink sticks completely soon.

Still learning how to inhale without killing myself. It gets a little easier each time. (Mtl) Sometimes I'll just do a cigar style puff for a bigger cloud and more flavor. I have found myself experiencing chapped lips so I've been trying to drink more water, use lip balm and make sure the drip tip is completely in my mouth.

I know I'll probably end up upgrading from the Joyetech ego aio, but whatever I go to has to stay fairly discrete and definitely easy. I don't have time for building or much tinkering, not with little kids. I would love suggestions to that end!

Also hoping to be successful with this so I can get my husband to quit smoking too!

Anyway, hi, thanks for having me and I look forward to reading more!

Reactions: Cheallaigh

AshF83

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2016
Hi and welcome @MthompLmt
Thanks for sharing your story and good start kicking the stinkies. That's the hardest bit finding the right setup that works for you.

I found a big difference when i just changed the drip tip to a thinner bore one and used a higher ohm coil (1.8), will certainly help with those draws. As for the chapped lips, unfortunately vaping is thirsty work! ;)

Whatever you choose, hope it works for you, any help or advise, there's plenty of good folk here who are more than happy to help :)

Ash

Reactions: RainSong

RainSong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
I did change from the vortex tip to the clear, longer tip and that helped with the heat. Trying a different coil is definitely next on the list, but you know how it is the last few days before payday...

I will definitely check out the eleaf icare! Thanks for the tip!

AshF83

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2016
caddb19fa9e2dea31fc377b948942627.jpg

I hear you

AshF83

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2016
Do check reviews both on the forum & youtube as there is a wealth of information available on this topic - it will, I'm certain, save you money by getting a kit that is just right for your style. I have read great things about the Endura T22 but as the market has been changing so much with new products, there's likely others out now.
Enjoy the journey :)

Reactions: RainSong

RainSong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Do check reviews both on the forum & youtube as there is a wealth of information available on this topic - it will, I'm certain, save you money by getting a kit that is just right for your style. I have read great things about the Endura T22 but as the market has been changing so much with new products, there's likely others out now.
Enjoy the journey :)
Oh, I like that one at first glance. I'll have to do some more research.

RainSong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Thank you! Stopped by the B&M last night and bought a 1.0 ohm coil for the aio. Solved my problems enough that it is now viable as a replacement for cigarettes. Finished my pack this morning and am aiming to not buy another. Had a really good experience at the B&M and definitely found the place to go for face to face knowledge, juice and upgrades. Thank you for the links!

Reactions: BrotherBob

RainSong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
I don't personally feel the AIO/Cubis is a true MTL. (Especially at the set power of the AIO)
Whether that has any relevance to your inhalation issues I'm not sure.
8-14w with a slim drip tip is more like it. No wrongs or rights, just putting that out there.
Good luck. :)
Thank you again! Replaced the coil with higher resistance (1.0) and started using dtl puffs. So much better.

Reactions: djsvapour

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Stopped by the B&M last night and bought a 1.0 ohm coil for the aio.
In General higher ohm coils/lower wattage (generally MTL) vaping will:
Heat the coil slower, which may produce “less” vapor
Provide A “cooler” tasting vape, may produce more flavor
May use less E-Juice (<$ less money)
Prolong battery life (<$)
Prolong coil life (<$)
Prolong wick life (<$)
Less likely to burn the wick (RDA's)
May result in less PV maintenance/Issues
Less irritation to non vapers
Aids stealth vaping

Status