TIPS & TRICKS - Troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staceylt40

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2012
East Texas
Oh gosh. Don't let it discourage your Volt purchase. CS will exchange it. Just contact CS. The Volts really are awesome. I have 6 and that was the first to ever do that.

Did you solve the problem? Have same problem too (but if I close the hole between the batt & carto, it works beautifully p great drag, good vapor etc); kinda disappointed since this is my first Volt battery :(

CloveHunter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2012
NYC
Oh gosh. Don't let it discourage your Volt purchase. CS will exchange it. Just contact CS. The Volts really are awesome. I have 6 and that was the first to ever do that.

Just file a ticket for my order. Let see how it turns out.

No, I am not discourage tho, I know electronic sometime just fail :) but just let see how SI will response to this.

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
Stacey, you can also rinse the bad tasting juice out of some of the cartos and let them dry for a few days. Then you can re-use them.

Next question: What's the best way to rinse out the old taste? I assume I'd need to do this not only when I remove the filler but after dripping and tasting, too.

FaniFox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2011
Greece
I have a silly problem...
Yesterday I received a replacement battery from SI (thanks once again SI!). When I tried it, draw was extremely difficult and I also had some dead draws. At the beginning I though it needed charging. Later, when the problem persisted and after closer examination, I discovered that this was happening because only one air hole near the thread was punched, the other is not. The shape of the hole is there but no actual air hole exists.
So my question is how to punch the air hole? Can I do it by myself? What do I need?

ThreadKiller

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
AGFFA
I bought a couple of 30ml bottles of juice. Very sweet smelling stuff. Too smelly, actually.
The bottles are on my desk and the odor was annoying me as I sat at my computer.

I happened to have an old plastic prescription bottle sitting there too and decided 'what the heck'. I plopped one of the smelly bottles in there, put on the cap, and voila! It cut down the smell by about 99%. When I buy another sample pack of cartos, I'll just plop them in another prescription bottle to get rid of the odor. Any other bottles I purchase will get the same treatment.

The plastic bottles are tinted, which is good for shelf-life. They are not tinted so much that I can't read the label on the juice bottle through it.

I also use a bigger prescription bottle to hold all my spare boots (condoms, whatever).

ThreadKiller

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
AGFFA
Okay, here's how I fill blank cartos now. Try it at your own peril.

--I open up the carto. I keep a condom on the side that attaches to the battery. The condom should have that little nipple inside it that will plug up the little carto hole.
--I take a rounded toothpick and break it in half.
--I put the pointed end of one of the ends down the hole in the carto. I find that it fits perfectly. I am very very careful on this step not to wiggle the toothpick around or I'll dislodge the coil (or whatever is down there.
--Now I can take my nicquid and fill up the space between the carto filling and the top edge.
--I wait for the nicquid to soak down into the filler. Takes about 3 seconds.
--Take out the toothpick.
--Take one of those thin latex gloves and put the carto into one of the fingers and spin it around a few times (the Squirrel Twirl).
--Take the carto out of the glove and make sure that the nicquid has soaked in.
--I put the toothpick back in and repeat the process 3 or 4 times until it's full.

I get almost no waste using this method. Just a tiny bit on the toothpick.
You can do about 5 at a time with this method if you want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread