To Nic Salt or Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpNorth

Sep 3, 2018
Tundra, Minnesota
Thinking about mixing my own juice but trying to decide if It's best to go with reg nic or nic salts? I am fairly new to vaping and sort of all over the place using many mods and tank types a day and AIO's when working or running around. The majority of my vaping is sub-ohm with the exception of the AIO's which I use salt in. I like the salts in the AIO's but just not sure If I want to Mix with regular nic or nic salt in diy juice.

Been looking at the Nicotine River DIY kit. All of the premade juice I have is 6mg and Salt juice is 35mg.

If I go with nic salt where should I be with it %wise? or should I just stick with regular nic?

Is there any premade 6mg salt juice on the market?

I am a noob be gentle!!! ha ha

Reactions: stols001

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
The difference is throat hit. The salts will be smoother on your throat at higher nic levels. So...

If you plan on making your juice at 30, 40, 50mg (for pod use), get salts. If you want to make your juice with 3, 6, 12mg of nic you can get by with regular nicotine. If you want low nic juice with little or no throat hit, get the salts.

Put another way - nic salts will work at any nic level in your finished e-liquid, but you won't get much throat hit at lower nic levels.

Why not just try both?

I vape 6mg in drippers and squonkers, and use 100mg nicotine (regular and salts). For pods I still just buy Mr. Salt E-liquid at 45mg because I love their Vanilla Custard - and a bottle lasts me a looong time.

And yes, there are salt juices on the market that start as low as 3mg.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You can mix with either or both, the only difference really is how smooth it will be. Most folks can handle freebase at sub0hm levels but maybe not higher.

I personally (unless you just adore nic salts and like them even at low levels, some folks do) might consider using freebase for your lower nicotine juices, simply because it is usually cheaper and the benefit (extra smoothness in a mix) isn't really necessary.

Best of luck and happy DIYing!

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread