Tobacco flavors that taste like everything but tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clinton350

Jun 23, 2011
Ocean Springs, MS
I'm becoming a little annoyed at venders that sell "tobacco" flavors that don't taste / smell anything like tobacco. I just got 10 samples in the mail from two different venders and as I sampled each one I felt like I was vaping my grandmas perfume. I think I may have to shove a garden hose up my nose to rinse my brain off now!

Now I'm not saying every flavor should taste like a pack of Marlboros. I've been vaping about 5 months now and am pretty well beyond that, but shouldn't a tobacco flavor vaguely relay the sensation of smoke?:vapor:

CloudCuckooMan

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2011
Nashville
www.reverbnation.com
Yeah I've definitely been had by the perfume flavors I can't stand it. The only one that I ended up loving was BWB RY4 when I opened it and smelled it I was like ohhh nooo...its another perfumey flavor. It had that strong perfumey taste but I could taste the other flavors hiding underneath...then a couple weeks later it all blended together and became something spectacular. AVE's Blend 4 is another one that alot of people like but I just taste perfume. Puresmokers Nashville's Finest....Perfume. Don't get me wrong both those vendors have plenty of flavors that I absolutely love. Theres just a certain ingredient that some vendors use for tobacco that my taste buds translate into straight flowery air freshener-y perfume disgustingness.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
....I think I may have to shove a garden hose up my nose to rinse my brain off now!....

I know the feeling, but I don't think I've ran across your solution before -- that just might work though lol. For me, steeping cures the perfumey taste sometimes but not always.

I've ventured back in to diy with good results this time and I think it's because the flavor makers are getting better at mixing the complex formulas that we need. The down side is an explosion of flavors available with still no way of telling exactly what it's like until you try it. One mans grassy note is another mans toilet refresher lol.

Flavor Art lists the taste of their tobacco flavors in this pdf. http://www.flavourart.it/grafico tabacco.pdf

For anyone interested in diy or just picking up a couple of things to spice up existing pre-mixes, take a look at one stop diy. One Stop DIY Shop

Edit: Speaking of rescuing pre-mixes, be careful and add in small batches. I can't tell you how much good juice I've wasted trying to rescue the bad. :vapor:

Last edited:

uAdC

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
New Jersey
my only suggestion here is that maybe you tried them too rapidly, one after another?

try having a cup of coffee grounds nearby,.. and in between flavors, take a big whiff of it to clear your nasal passages.

it's a great way to smell different perfumes and colognes individually, and i'm sure it would help differentiate the 'bacco flavors you received.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread