Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Thanks everyone! Lola did well last night, even went to the puppy pad to do her business. Still working on feeding, she’s a hungry little thing. Ordering a crate in a few min, so we will see how that goes.
I love her name!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
She is precious.. What a cutie.

I slept til 6 a.m. Heh, I feel like a different person. Just gotta get clothes done (I hate that part) and then I shall be heading up to well, the other house.

Kinda glad to get a 3 day weekend honestly and my Monday is a Tuesday, so...

Anna

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
I love her name!
Hubby and son aren’t fond of it, but they also haven’t thrown a name into the mix. I like it. She has worms so hopefully I can get that taken care of Friday with the vet visit.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Hubby and son aren’t fond of it, but they also haven’t thrown a name into the mix. I like it. She has worms so hopefully I can get that taken care of Friday with the vet visit.
That’s normal. Puppies are born with them (gross but true). That’s a good crate, plenty big enough for Lola to grow into.( We have the larger size,it’s ten years old, has held up great.)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Still a few fleas left and I will deal with it in the morning.

Something that works great at killing fleas and is very inexpensive and gentle, too, is Ivory Ultra, Concentrated Dishwashing Liquid (comes in tall white bottle). Use it to bathe her and it'll kill the fleas deader than a doornail in just a minute or 2. It can also be diluted and used to spray down dog kennels, blankies, the yard, etc. to kill any there. It's a very safe alternative to medications or more harsh chemicals used to kill them. Retired exterminator told me they use it to get rid of fleas in rental properties, etc. when they've been vacant for awhile after tenants have lived there with pets.

ETA: Respraying may be necessary in about 7 days, and then again in 14 days, if there has been an infestation of them. That way it'll get all that have been in the various life stages.

Last edited:

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Another recommendation for fleas is Capguard. It will only kill adult fleas, not the eggs but it works almost instantly and is safe to use as often as needed while you get them under control.Safe for puppies.

She still needs another bath, she was living under a porch and it was down in the 20’s this weekend. Still a few fleas left and I will deal with it in the morning. Need to buy a crate, just don’t know what size. Do you think a 35” would work?

440BB

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    I’m going to use dawn dish soap since it’s here and the weather we are having today, I’m not leaving the house! Thanks for all the info for little Lola. I’m sorry if she hijacked thread.:)
    Best hijack ever!:thumbs:

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2016
    Florida
    @leftyandsparky I don't know if you have any idea how old Lola is but your vet can tell you based on tooth development. And a good estimate of adult weight is double whatever she weighs at about 3 months old.

BTW it's not too soon to start her on healthy treats. At the vet practice where I worked for almost 18 years we suggested baby carrots and frozen green beans. Both are crunchy and most dogs love them from the start. Some may need to be persuaded. And these veggies don't add pounds to them.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    @leftyandsparky I don't know if you have any idea how old Lola is but your vet can tell you based on tooth development. And a good estimate of adult weight is double whatever she weighs at about 3 months old.

BTW it's not too soon to start her on healthy treats. At the vet practice where I worked for almost 18 years we suggested baby carrots and frozen green beans. Both are crunchy and most dogs love them from the start. Some may need to be persuaded. And these veggies don't add pounds to them.
    Mine love carrots and broccoli stems. But, labs will eat just about anything. Great low calorie healthy treats

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Yay, all the clothes are assembled and washed and whatnot. I am getting faster.

I'm also packing my air purifier because some of them, pre wash, smell like my apartment. There is a crazy cat lady (who vapes so I try to not hate her) in a scooter below me. I try to not hate her as a fellow vaper, but it's difficult. The windows were all open when I went to view the apartmen (oven STILL not fixed by the way, LOL) but now that they are closed up, it has a definite smell. The husband told me he knew it was her, because she had her window open on Halloween and the smell "was wafting out, persistently," per the husband.

I don't want to smell like that chick she has seven cats and an obesity SCOOTER. It's a fair bet she doesn't clean that often, and it is not a nice smell. Hard to have windows open in Sierra Vista winter.... Oh God though, summer may be WORSE.

She also informed me that she "watches movies really loud at night" and she in fact, does. I have to like, use my bathroom fan as a white noise generator and like, I now understand why it was burned out when I moved in.

I have sympathy for crazy cat lady and all; I still do not want to smell like her at ALL. I can cope in the apartment, but I would not care to inflict that smell on others.... It's sort of like.... Well, I'm considering just LEAVING my work clothes in the car, at least until the morning I need that outfit.

I don't want to complain, or call the heath department. I mean, maybe in my crazy youth I might've but I am just really trying to find ways to cope that aren't actively malevolent. Etc.

Anna

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 2, 2013
    BC Canada
    My 3 labradoodles all love vegis. I can't cook anything without sharing with them. The only 2 they don't like is celery and lettuce. All others from bok choy to squash, asparagus and turnips they love and I use as treats. The first few months is critical to introduce as many new tastes as you can. There is nothing more heart warming than letting a puppy try something new then watch them vibrate with excitement for another piece. I also give raw rib bones from the butcher cut into 8 inch pieces, being frozen is the best teething toy no matter if its been already cleaned off and chewed, just swap out another frozen bone then toss the thawed one back into the freezer. Other than bully sticks I have never given my dogs any storebought treats or chews.
    In my profile pic my 3 babies are waiting for the "chicken dinner" that they know is coming...all the scrap off the carcus, few extra tatoes, vegis and a bit of gravy. I feed my dogs a lot of homemade meals so they aren't eating kibble all the time. Finlee the chocolate is 4, blond Jake is 3 1/2 and baby Kindle will be 2 on Christmas day.
    I crated the 2 older dogs but that didn't last long..it was baby kindle who only lasted 1 week in a crate before she came up onto the bed at 9 weeks old...never peed on the bed but if she got off then whisked into the crate, she learned fast to stay on the bed.
    Introduce them to the brush right away. I groom my doodles myself and teaching to accept the brush will pay 1000 fold later at the groomers. All 3 fight amongst each other to who gets onto the grooming table first and I haven't used a grooming arm in a couple years. Kindle at 7 months let me clip and scissor cut her without a grooming arm.

clnire

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2013
    Florida
    Perfect! Just keep in mind a teething puppy could well decide to chew up that nice bed. If she does, just give her something else like an old towel but watch closely - you do not want her swallowing any parts.

Carrots and frozen green beans are great for puppies. Freezing the will help with sore gums as she sheds puppy teeth (she is too young for loosing teeth, however. That starts around 4-5 months I seem to recall)

Another recommendation for fleas is Capguard. It will only kill adult fleas, not the eggs but it works almost instantly and is safe to use as often as needed while you get them under control.Safe for puppies.
    Also known as Capstar, generic nitenpryam. It does kill adults fleas only and lasts 24 hours, but you can give it daily until you can get the house and areas treated.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 24, 2013
    Tomah Wisconsin
    Mine love carrots and broccoli stems. But, labs will eat just about anything. Great low calorie healthy treats
    We had trouble growing green peppers when we had our lab. Or something was happening. Caught her only once.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    We had trouble growing green peppers when we had our lab. Or something was happening. Caught her only once.
    Both ours eat the citrus fruit right off the trees,if we don’t catch them in time. Awful on their tummies (and thus our noses), but they do it every year. That and strawberries and tomatoes right off the plant in the garden. Our garden is now fenced like the state pen, but too many large trees to keep them out of the fruit.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 22, 2015
    Somewhere in the South
    It’s been over a yr since we lost Sparky and so begins the new adventure! Thanks for all the helpful tips! I was going to use a old towel in the crate until she is potty trained. I used to use the Kong stuff toy with Sparky, he loved pumpkin!

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2016
    Florida
    From @Mooch's FB page
    "
    Does anyone have genuine Sony or Murata VTC batteries, purchased from one of the very well known, trusted vendors, that do NOT have the two “dimples” on top?

No need to tell me about your Sony cells if they do have the dimples as they are supposed to AFAIK. I’m looking for ones without dimples, especially if they are the newer Murata VTC’s.

If you are sure they are genuine, where did you buy them and what are their date codes (last five characters of the second line of printing on the can)?

Some are claiming that the newer VTC’s now do not have these dimples. I have Murata VTC4 and VTC5 cells, which should be newer than any Sony VTC’s, and they have the dimples.

Thanks!"
    IMG_4493.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread