Tornado Tank - First Impressions - USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

TroikaScott

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Tampa, FL
A Week Later:

It's been over a week since I started to use this, and I'm still very happy. I am experiencing consistant vapor, and VERY good tasting vapor every time I use the tank. I switched back to a cartomizer yesterday to see if there was any difference now that I am "used to" the tank system. I noticed that the flavor and vapor was much better on the tank than my 510 cartomizers. Same juice.

I decided on Saturday that it was a keeper. So, I took a little drive back to the TW Vapor store to purchase 2 more attys as back-ups. It's about 45-50 minutes away from me. I would have ordered them, but their paypal on their site isn't working for me. I have been consistantly unimpressed with their "Vapor's Lounge". First, there is no way to call it. Second, I got there at 5, they close at 6, and the doors were locked for a private party. They did let me in, and the guy behind the counter wa less than thrilled. Thier customer service is poor in my opinion. As soon as more companies get the tank system, I'll probably say bye-bye to TW.

I'm still on my first atty, and still very happy with it. Hope you guys are all having good vaping experiences. Vaping was the only way to get me off cigarettes, and I'm so happy for a good PV system.

Last edited:

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
A Week Later:

It's been over a week since I started to use this, and I'm still very happy. I am experiencing consistant vapor, and VERY good tasting vapor every time I use the tank. I switched back to a cartomizer yesterday to see if there was any difference now that I am "used to" the tank system. I noticed that the flavor and vapor was much better on the tank than my 510 cartomizers. Same juice.

I decided on Saturday that it was a keeper. So, I took a little drive back to the TW Vapor store to purchase 2 more attys as back-ups. It's about 45-50 minutes away from me. I would have ordered them, but their paypal on their site isn't working for me. I have been consistantly unimpressed with their "Vapor's Lounge". First, there is no way to call it. Second, I got there at 5, they close at 6, and the doors were locked for a private party. They did let me in, and the guy behind the counter wa less than thrilled. Thier customer service is poor in my opinion. As soon as more companies get the tank system, I'll probably say bye-bye to TW.

I'm still on my first atty, and still very happy with it. Hope you guys are all having good vaping experiences. Vaping was the only way to get me off cigarettes, and I'm so happy for a good PV system.
I seen a post from Liberty Flights. They are obtaining them this week. I did not check the website. I am hoping they are cheaper.

LovinTheVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
Alpharetta, Ga
I seen a post from Liberty Flights. They are obtaining them this week. I did not check the website. I am hoping they are cheaper.

I'm going to wait for LF stock to hit, but I just read that Cignot has them ready to ship. $16 per atty (in all colors) and $7 for 5 tanks (blue, clear, and white).

Last edited:

paulc35

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mason,Wv
I figured I should post a little review since I am probably one of the first to get the new Tornado Tank system from Totally Wicked. They got their stock today, and since I live in Tampa, I drove down to Bradenton to pick it up from their store. It was not a wasted trip.

I have had SEVERAL e-cigs including the KR808, 510, Ego, X-Power, Revolver Elite, and Revolution2 to name most. I am primarily a cartomizer user since I HATE cartridges, and am not a fan of dripping as I always seem to burn my atomizers, even if I take out the threads and de-bridge. I have been looking for an easier system, and have been following the tank system since it was announced. It intrigued me, and I couldn't wait to try it.

I'm not a huge fan of TW, especially their prices, and I don't think their branding is cool or cute. But, they do have taste in products, and my tornado batteries from them have lasted more than 9 months. If you are unfamiliar with the tank system, there is a video on their website which shows what it is about, so I'm not going to go through the basics of what it is. The extremely laid back guy at the TW store showed me that the atty does need to be primed from the bottom side of the proprietary cone atty, and that it's a good idea to twist the cartridge after inserting it and puncturing the plastic for the first time. Also, don't throw away the endcap on the tank, you'll need it for travel. I bought a small bottle of liquid since I wanted to try it right away, and my juice was in the car. I got their cheapo joyetech menthol...yuck. But, I knew I was getting the cheap stuff, so it's my own fault.

The draw is absolutely perfect, not too airy but not like sucking on a milkshake. The vapor is nice and thick after a good 20 minutes of breaking in a new atomizer. I vaped the substandard juice hard all the way home, which is about a 45 minute drive. The consistency of the atomizer was what I was most impressed with. I knew I would put my Halo liquid in the tank when I got home, and I expected the tank to be near empty after how hard I was hitting it. When I pulled out the tank, I had only used about 1/4 of the liquid! It seems that this system is conservative with the liquid and appropriately distributes it to the atomizer when needed. Very exciting. I switched to my good liquid when I got home, and am happy as a pig in, well, you know. It did take 5 or 6 hits before the menthol taste subsided.

I would recommend trying it out for yourself, especially if you already have ego or tornado batts etc.. I paid $16.99 for an atomizer, and $7.99 for a 5 pack of reusable tank cartridges. To me, it's a pretty small investment if it works.

My only complaint so far is that stupid dumbass devil logo on the atomizer staring back at me every time I pick up my new toy. Enough already with the grinning devil!

Of course, we'll see how it's doing in 2 weeks or so. As with all my new e-cigs, they start out great, and then... But, I do have high hopes. So far, I say try it!

Happy tanking, one and all!

well I just ordered the kit. as far as that little devil starring at you get you a little piece of electrical tape and place over it and if that doesn't work you can cover it with nail polish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread