Total Newb... HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

clover01

Nov 6, 2011
United States
Okay so in doing my research this is what I am thinking. Please help me BEFORE I purchase. Please let me know if this sounds okay as an initial set up and how long this stuff is supposed to last. Trying to do a cost comparison. If you can think of a better set up, let me know!

Halo Element (510, I think?) starter kit $74.99

(2) batteries(2) Premium Atomizers
(6) Empty Cartridges(1) Cartridge Carry Case
(6) 7ml Bottles of e-liquid(1) Wall Charger
(1) e-liquid Storage Tin(1) E-Cigarette Storage Tin
(1) Instruction Manual

Halo Pass through battery for the Element - $15.99

Halo recharchable case for the Element- 29.99
**Only works with the "mini" batteries though- 180 mah

A larger 510 battery from somewhere else with more mah. I am assuming the halo 510 stuff will fit on it. Any ideas of where to buy this would be appreciated. I am reading on your site that an ego maybe?

I am about a 2 pack a day smoker (about $12.00 a day where I live)
Which is why I am looking at the extra chargers and the pass through, and the bigger battery. I need this stuff to be ready to go all day!

I tired a blu disposable and loved the ease and pick up and put down of it, but disliked the flavor. It was supposed to be menthol but tasted like vanilla. It lasted about 24 hours, but I did smoke regular cigarettes and plan to stop those.

ANY AND ALL ADVISE APPRECIATED!!!!

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hello & welcome Clover :)

As you are a fairly heavy smoker I suggest you scrub buying the Halo (I believe it's a super-mini?) Instead, go for a Riva or ego. You will find a Riva kit in particular much cheaper than the Halo & it will have far better battery life between charges :)

DLL9MM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Mid-Michigan
Hello & welcome Clover :)

As you are a fairly heavy smoker I suggest you scrub buying the Halo (I believe it's a super-mini?) Instead, go for a Riva or ego. You will find a Riva kit in particular much cheaper than the Halo & it will have far better battery life between charges :)

This
Electronic Cigarette - Starter Kits - Riva 510

along with some Boge LR Cartomizers

Jerry B

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2011
Nashville TN
As many of us will tell you the eGo is a solid system. I love my eGo T. One of the great things about it is i can take that ego battery and use a 510 carto/atty on it switch over to a eGo mega atty, etc. Personally i love the tanks lets me vape a good long time. Biggest advice i can offer is no matter what you go with get a high Nic level (30 if you can find it). Cause you need that nic to stop your analog cravings. I smoked almost as much as you and stopped the sec i picked up an eGo. Good luck

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I don't like the way it looks & I hate the way people look at me when I'm out, * blush* I'm shy lol! Also I REALLY miss holding a cig in my fingers.....

Rule of Thumb: the more it looks like the real thing, the worse the performance.

If looks is your primary concern, then get an M401. It's the same size as the real thing. If you want decent performance in a "beginner" PV, then as others have suggested, get a Riva or better yet in the same category, the E-Power 510.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I don't like the way it looks & I hate the way people look at me when I'm out, * blush* I'm shy lol! Also I REALLY miss holding a cig in my fingers.....

Hi to both you and the OP!

I get what you are saying. But the major drawback to any "looks like a cigarette" is still going to be those very short run times between charges. One thing to consider, especially if you have issues with feeling conspicuous, is to limit the "looks like a cigarette" use only to the places where that matters. Nobody, especially noobs wanting to quit, needs to be frustrated by batteries going dead in the middle of a smoke break. With those smaller batteries you simply know the battery is going to go dead and need recharging a heck of a lot more frequently than with something the size of an eGo. I may be pointing out the obvious. But there is a lot of stuff to get used to and figure out converting to e-cigs, and I think it's a good idea to keep frustration levels down to a minimum. One easy way to do that is with a larger battery kit that doesn't have you chasing a charger all day long.

For that reason I started with an eGo and never regretted it. Nothing fancy - just attys with carts to get started.

Six months later I picked up a 510 kit. More for the very silly reason that I wanted something that lights up! In hindsight I too found that I sorta missed holding a cigarette. And yeah, you can do that with a 510 and twiddle it around 'twixt your fingers. But it didn't make for such a great experience that I want to convert (revert?) from my eGo to the 510 for regular use.

There is also one hair to be split here: If you must have "looks like a cigarette" manual or auto batteries make no difference. But to me, if you really have to have that ACTS like a cigarette experience then you need an auto battery in a 510 or similar size. That's the only scenario where you can hold an e-cig between two fingers and take a drag off it like a cigarette. Any manual battery with a button requires you to do something very un-cigarette like in how you hold it in order to press the button.

Regardless, the battery run times on a 510 battery are just too short for me for regular use. Sure, you can get a PCC and all that. But then you are chasing charging batteries and charging the PCC too. When it comes to charging this stuff less is more.

I digress...

To the OP, if you are not hung up on "looks like a cigarette" I would go with something in the eGo family. You will get all day run times between charges and really won't need the added expense of a PCC. And there's the compatibility matter. Joye eGo is 510 threading and you have many options that fit.

My .02 after 6+ months.

Rick

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
1 - that seems like too much money for a 510 though I guess 1/2 of that is for liquids

2- If that is automatic batteries - no, do not buy auto batteries

3- IMO a 510 is not a great choice for a 2 PAD smoker. 180mah batteries means about 1.8 hours of charge. If you really want a 510 you need manual batteries to get the best hits and batteries you won't kill with juice leaks, 3 charging cables (2 for home and one for work), a good PCC like the one at NoSmokeVA.com. A stronger choice would be Halocigs G6 MANUAL with standard/78mm batteries for a 120mm ecig.

Twistedlemon

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2011
Tampa Area, FL
I smoked for 27 years until about a month ago. Like you, I was looking all over the place for which one would be best for me. Alot of people gave me their opinions and what worked for them. I was smoking anywhere from 1.5 packs per day and up (depending on what I was doing)

I went with the Ego-T Type B. The batteries that came with it are 950 mAh (last about 8-9 hours). My initial order was through LibertyFlights. Someone here directed me toward them and pointed out the 20% off icon in the upper left corner. My initial order consisted of the starter kit (2 batteries, 2 atomizers, 5 tanks, 1 charger) and 5 different small sample sizes of different flavours. Total cost was just under $80. I have since ordered a second starter kit to have extra batteries and 2 more atomizers. One charger is at work, the other is at home. I did deal with customer service over what I thought was a bad atomizer (but actually in ordering more I ordered the wrong ones). They were outstanding in problem solving with solutions at LibertyFlights

Overall, I have been loving the ego-t. No analogs since starting it (actually did light one 2 days later, but hated the taste and threw it out). I have ordered juice from BlueMistVapors (pretty good), Mrs T's Bakery (really good), and am now waiting on orders from Johnsons Creek and Virgin Vapors. I have found a couple I like and ordered larger bottles since the original samples of them.

Best of luck to you

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
M401? Haven't seen that one..... Who sells that PV?I just joined ECF, I would do all my research on Utube. I was looking for a PV for going out in public that looks like a real cig .....

I'm not sure anymore. I think Smoke Anywhere use to sell them. You might want to google it. I'm sure some of the low-end, high marketing type companies sell them. If you are a regular smoker, you will only have to be changing the batteries about every 30 - 45 minutes. If you get one of these, make sure you get about 6 - 7 batteries.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I don't like the way it looks & I hate the way people look at me when I'm out, * blush* I'm shy lol!

Not be be ghoulish, but, how do you wish to be looked at? As a satisfied healthy vaper or as a shy young corpse?

(I know, a lil' overly dramatic...)

Also I REALLY miss holding a cig in my fingers.....

When ya feel the need, hold an unlit cig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread