Totally Frustrated!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
You have to look at the total cost of ownership over the predicted life of the device and/or how long you expect to be vaping. Replacement atomizers and e-liquid are a given necessity for all personal vaporizers. BUT, what about the replacement cost of batteries, short battery life of typical batteries, the frustration of constantly swapping batteries throughout the day, batteries that fire off in a noisy environment, failed battery switches, and having battery chargers everywhere you need them?

One high up-front purchase gets you a pretty durable device for which rechargeable batteries can be purchased for $4-$6 versus the $12-$18 for a typical screw-in battery. So, evaluating batteries alone, you pay up to 3 times more to be constantly frustrated.

I am waiting until the price for the screwdriver type PV's goes down, I mean $100+!? I'll stick with my $50- Pv's...

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
You have to look at the total cost of ownership over the predicted life of the device and/or how long you expect to be vaping. Replacement atomizers and e-liquid are a given necessity for all personal vaporizers. BUT, what about the replacement cost of batteries, short battery life of typical batteries, the frustration of constantly swapping batteries throughout the day, batteries that fire off in a noisy environment, failed battery switches, and having battery chargers everywhere you need them?

One high up-front purchase gets you a pretty durable device for which rechargeable batteries can be purchased for $4-$6 versus the $12-$18 for a typical screw-in battery. So, evaluating batteries alone, you pay up to 3 times more to be constantly frustrated.

So well said!:)

Tc321

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
Right Here, Right Now!

I have had really good luck with batteries so far. I agree that the batteries might be cheaper for SD type PV's, but at the same time I can get a starter kit for 50, 2 extra batteries for 25, and that's about half the cost of just the SD styles. I do not have any manual batteries, and all of mine are the type that you have to draw through to activate. Take all of my experience knowing I have only been vapin since April. I just feel that $100+ is too much for a PV especially since I can get a starter kit for under $50, and 2 extra batts for 20-25 which is half of the SD style PV's price.

doris

Jun 5, 2009
I think every e-cig device is cheaper than smoking the real thing. Even in a low tax state like NH, premium cigs are closing in on $60 a carton. So if you're a pack a day....

What's important to me is that it looks like a cigarette. I keep my minis in an empty cig. flip top box & rest it in an ashtray. The rituals seem to help.

I nearly bought a couple of 510s thinking I can learn to deal with the whistle mouth piece & it didn't seem too much larger/heavier. However, I can't live with a 2 hr battery.

I decided to give up the 4081. I purchased 2 DSE 901 starter kits & 2 additional atomizers from RuyanDirect for $70 + $20 expedited shipping. I think this will last me for 4 mos. I've been going through a 4081 at a rate of 1 a month. I'm wondering about the guarantee. 1 yr? Whoa, I think I'll try & hold their feet to fire on that.

That cost sure beats the analogs. I DIY my liquid at less than $20 for 8 oz.

I'm thinking by the time I'm ready to purchase again, there will be a new improved options for me to consider.

Tc321

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
Right Here, Right Now!
I think every e-cig device is cheaper than smoking the real thing. Even in a low tax state like NH, premium cigs are closing in on $60 a carton. So if you're a pack a day....

What's important to me is that it looks like a cigarette. I keep my minis in an empty cig. flip top box & rest it in an ashtray. The rituals seem to help.

I nearly bought a couple of 510s thinking I can learn to deal with the whistle mouth piece & it didn't seem too much larger/heavier. However, I can't live with a 2 hr battery.

I decided to give up the 4081. I purchased 2 DSE 901 starter kits & 2 additional atomizers from RuyanDirect for $70 + $20 expedited shipping. I think this will last me for 4 mos. I've been going through a 4081 at a rate of 1 a month. I'm wondering about the guarantee. 1 yr? Whoa, I think I'll try & hold their feet to fire on that.

That cost sure beats the analogs. I DIY my liquid at less than $20 for 8 oz.

I'm thinking by the time I'm ready to purchase again, there will be a new improved options for me to consider.

Congrats on your 901 purchase!! Keep us updated on how everything goes!

doris

Jun 5, 2009
Hi All,
First, I love Heavenly Gifts. I paid the extra $20 for expedited delivery, still cheaper than anywhere else I found, and received my 2 901 starter kits & 2 extra atomizers within 1 wk.

I like the 901s just fine, except for the flavor of the included cartridges. I guess I'm spoiled by the flavor of my DIY juice. Now that I have cartridges filled with my blend things are quite good. I've had the 901s for about 10 days.

2 batteries last me about 8 to 10 hrs. which is less than I was getting from new 1481s. I think this is because the batteries are smaller?

One thing, I noticed the atomizers, all 4, seem to heat up quite a bit. More than I'm used to anyway but no burnt taste.

BTW I tried 99.5% glycerine, added 2 drops to a cartridge, and it produced clouds of vapor & a reasonable throat hit. I'll need to adapt my recipe!

I am having a bit of a problem giving up the real thing entirely. While waiting for the 901 delivery I was smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread