Tounge Hit?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beckyblue

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Los Angeles
This is not the sort of TH I'm looking for, but I'm getting plenty of it from my flavored juices -- kind of like when you eat something spicy. Does anyone else get this unpleasant sensation? For those of you, perhaps, who have, have you found juices that don't mess with your tongue? I do think it might be the pg because I'm ok with my unflavored vg nicotine base. But vaping straight vg for very long gives me a heaviness in my lungs and makes me feel kind of draggy. Any ideas?

bobbybilly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Chicago
The only time I've gotten any sort of a tongue hit was when vaping a Mountain Dew flavor. The sensation I got was that it felt like there was a fizzing sensation on my tongue like the bubbling carbonation you get in a soft drink. I have no idea if it was just my imagination that triggered the sensation or if it was rreally there, but it sure felt real to me. The sensation was not unpleasant, but it sure seemed weird considering I was vaping and not drinking a soft drink.

beckyblue

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Los Angeles
I think your probably right, Thrasher, as usual. I'm something of a groupie for some of the most generous, knowledgeable contributors on this great forum, and you're one of them, even though you're relatively new. Using a VERY wide array of heating elements, I find myself getting juice on my tongue way more often than I should. I think since I'm going through a bout of returned cigarette cravings (my chain-smoking great aunt has moved in with us), I'm drawing on my pvs harder that I should. What should I look for for that will most replicate the fast draw of an analog?

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
dont let the join date fool ya, been hare almost a year, was a big lurker then saw a post i just had to comment on and joined lol.

i fouhd i did the same drawing too hard with cartos when i started and always had a mouthful of juice. its not so much the fast draw that needs to be replicated as it is a device that delivers a powerful amount of vapor.
when still using them i found the vivi nova to have a more open draw and most other clearomizers worked well also, my faves were the CE2 and the kanger T2.
once you find something to give you a staggering amount of vapor and your head starts spinning you slow down fast.

you still havent said what your using now? and this may help with suggestions as what to try.

if you spot badittude hit him up for carto tank info. i dont know what the draw is like but the flavor and vapor is pretty good from my understanding.

Last edited:

beckyblue

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Los Angeles
Baditude is actually another of my forum rock stars, to be sure! I got an IBtank and a slap-yo'-mama tool for it, based on his word alone. That was actually what I was using when I started this thread. Vivi novae work at the very beginning, I find, then quickly not so much. I didn't say what I'm using because I've spent WAY more than I ought, and I do kind of have a sample of most everything. I'm starting to fear that it's some flavoring additive that I'm sensitive to because spicy-tongue goes away only with my vg unflavored nic base. I was hoping that, just maybe, some others had experienced such a phenomenon and found certain flavored juices that didn't cause it. As I type this, though, I'm thinking maybe one of those ridiculously long drip tips might be in order to reduce the frequency of juice on the tongue. If people aren't jumping in, then perhaps this isn't a known issue (as I'd sort of hoped it might be, for tips), and I'll let this thread fade down the line. But thank you, again, Thrasher!

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
I like 801 fusions or Iken vape platinum in a glass tank with SS caps. This is the closest Ive found to being able to puff away with out getting dry hits juice in mouth ect.... I have on a rare occasion burnt a hole in the small plastic tube in the cart at witch point you will start getting some juice but it seems to be a very rare occurrence.
I use a 70/30 mix or 50/50 to much VG causes issues IMO

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
it may be your juice - stop vaping that cinnamon red pepper menthol blend and youll be ok. lol

i cant comment on the tongue thing but i do know certain flavors rip my throat up quick so i try not to use those crazy flavors. as well as anything with citric acid in them. and some even contain alcohol.

i would say time to try other blends of juice, a good step to experiment with would be light, simple juices and see if it has the same effect. as well as a sample of pure PG versus some vg juices and maybe you can narrow it down to the flavorings or the carrier fluids.
when i buy premixed juices im very picky about the chems in them myself and cant stand all these flavorings and colorings.

good luck.

beckyblue

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Los Angeles
I like 801 fusions or Iken vape platinum in a glass tank with SS caps. This is the closest Ive found to being able to puff away with out getting dry hits juice in mouth ect.... I have on a rare occasion burnt a hole in the small plastic tube in the cart at witch point you will start getting some juice but it seems to be a very rare occurrence.
I use a 70/30 mix or 50/50 to much VG causes issues IMO

Aha! So YOU'RE the reason Ikenvape's always out of those 801 fusions! lol Leave a few for the rest of us to try!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Baditude is actually another of my forum rock stars, to be sure! I got an IBtank and a slap-yo'-mama tool for it, based on his word alone.
:headbang:

I'm starting to fear that it's some flavoring additive that I'm sensitive to because spicy-tongue goes away only with my vg unflavored nic base. I was hoping that, just maybe, some others had experienced such a phenomenon and found certain flavored juices that didn't cause it. As I type this, though, I'm thinking maybe one of those ridiculously long drip tips might be in order to reduce the frequency of juice on the tongue. If people aren't jumping in, then perhaps this isn't a known issue (as I'd sort of hoped it might be, for tips)

My personal thoughts are you might be getting juice (in particular nicotine or a flavor agent) on the tongue. It also could be a sensitivity to Pg. The only way to distinguish if it is one or the other is by a process of elimination. Either switch to all vg liquid or get a longer tip.

I've gone to pretty much using vendors that use all vg, not because of issues with pg but I prefer all-natural, all-organic flavoring based on flavor I have gotten from these. Virgin Vapors, Vaperite, and Dripeez carry these. They offer custom mixes to choose pg/vg ratios of you choosing, but they seem to hint that they recommend an all-vg mixture for their juices.

You can go another direction and get a longer drip tip. The longer the mouthpiece the more likely any liquid will get caught up within the length of tube. There are also styles that alter the airflow to the mouth, effectively blocking off any liquid. A longer tip may noticeably cool the vapor somewhat.

Longer Drip Tips:

RTD Vapor - Not much longer than a typical ming style or Cherry Vape tip, the Knuckle Head helps keep juice out of the mouth because of the bend in its design. Juice tends to get blocked at the elbow joint. I have a couple, and because of the bend, tip shape and being inexpensive, they among my favorite tips. $6. - Drip Tips

Also available onsite are the infamous Trippy Tips. The ones you would be interested in with these would be the "doughnuts", which have a double barrel shape that meets at the top into a normal outlet. These are said to be great for drippers who use them to keep juice from getting into their mouth. Pricey at $40 and up, but they ARE beautiful and one of a kind. If interested in these, I have links to many more vendors that carry these: Trippy Tips

Super T Manufacturing - the Tanbur is a long stainless steel tip; I've read that people who use them consider them their favorite tips. I tend to see these on the higher end APV's like the GG's. About $20. Super T Manufacturing, Innovative manufacturer of electronic cigarette products.

Drip Tip Designers - Designer drip tips also on the pricey side; they have some long slim brass tips. $25.
Drip Tip Designz - Drip Tip Designz
____

I'm certain that I've left out some, but that's a nice start point. I personally don't care for metal drip tips, I don't care for the feel of metal on my lips or teeth, but that's just me.

Also, thanks for the accolades. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread