transition to 0 nic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unc1987

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2013
North Carolina
it's been decided and i've placed my order for a fair amount of 0 nic juice. i am currently at 6 and find myself vaping more because i enjoy it and less because of the nicotine habit. i am slightly worried because i do tend to vape when i wake up and on my way to work, sometimes i sneak one or two puffs at lunch, and i enjoy vaping on the way home from work.

can anyone else that has made this move provide some insight into how hard/easy this may be? any tips or ideas how long the withdrawls may be? i might mix some of the nic at first or when i go out, but i would like to be nicotine free soon. i've thought about switching over one flavor at a time, from the one i enjoy the most first. any help or ideas would be awesome.

by the way, im currently vaping about 2 mL of 6 mg nic juice a day.

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
2ml per day is average.. Probably on the low side of average.

But if you want to step down, I recommend mixing some 0 and some 6 and vaping the 3mg in the morning.

Then vape 0mg in the afternoon and evening if you can.

Slowly replace your 3mg with your 0.

I stepped down from 18 to 12, to 6, to 3, to 2, now 1.

I'm working some 0 in at nights. I don't notice a difference between 1 and 0... But I'm using the 0mg very seldom at this point.

I didn't even notice the final steps from 6 to 1.

Slow and steady wins the race! :)

Good luck.

Edit: I just wanted to add, my step down took a while. 12mg in April 2012 .. I spent a couple months on each step.. I was at 2mg for several months. I've been at 1mg for about a month and half.

Last edited:

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
Going from 18mg to 12mg to 6mg was a seamless transition for me. Going from 6mg to 0mg has been more challenging, but doable. I usually keep three 0mg flavors ready and 6mg juice for when I crave the kick. It has been working well so far, but it's definitely more of an adjustment than my previous step-downs.

One positive side effect is that I get head rushes from the occasional 6mg vape. That rarely happened when I was vaping 6mg exclusively.

I've been taking my drop very, very slowly and very, very gently, but I know I'm not very withdrawal-tolerant from every time I quit smoking. I started at 22 mg/ml DIY, and I've dropped to 18 in 2 (almost 3 now) months. I haven't noticed.

Mom's dropped from 12 to 8 in the same period and also hasn't noticed.

You can certainly try to go immediately to 0 mg, but if you feel withdrawal symptoms I (personally) would then vape 6 mg until they go away. I hate them. You may be more tolerant. Or you can mix down to 3 mg/ml for a while and then either go to zero or mix down further.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Different people probably step down differently. I started with 18...then 24...then dropped to 12...9...7.5....6...5....4 in the course of about a year. I've been on 4mg. since last October. My next batch of juice will be 3.5 (in about 10 days when I run out of my 4mg) then after that probably 2...then maybe 1 or maybe drop on down to 0. Not sure yet. I'll kind of "feel" what's best when the time comes.

Unc1987

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2013
North Carolina
i did the same and then after two weeks realized how easy it had been so i went down to six and noticed no difference. should have taken the plunge earlier. the hardest part was dropping the analogs.

today i realized that they say the nicotine addiction takes three days to break. this is kind of encouraging to remember, i figure at 6mg i'm already getting a low does do i think i might just take the plunge and try to break the addiction. ill be sure to have plenty of water nearby and plan to do some exercise each day. i'll keep yall posted on my results. im going to start monday or tuesday, whenever my nic juice gets here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread